Alex Cho

View Alex Cho's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Microsoft's Commercial Segment Is Worth More Than You Think [View article]
    @ Steve Rasher I assure you that my research, and my stance on topics come from an exhaustive foundation of knowledge paired with a continuous focus on developing an investment thesis that will correspondingly increase the value of any investor's account who will follow my strategy on a consistent basis. Thank you.
    Sep 16, 2014. 04:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Things Intel Investors Need To Know [View article]
    Thank you Bruce, I work everyday to improve my accuracy :)
    Sep 12, 2014. 08:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Watch: Disruptive, Profitable, And Yes, The Next Big Thing [View article]
    The 50 million figure came from supply chain sources, this is how much Apple anticipates to sell, and my 42 million figure is a projection from historical product launches.
    Sep 9, 2014. 07:13 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Twitter A Long-Term Winner In Mobile [View article]
    Profitability has trended higher.
    Sep 9, 2014. 04:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Twitter And Facebook Survive [View article]
    In the world of psychology, there's an inverse correlation between what a person claims themselves to be, and what they actually are. It reminds me of the people showing up on American Idol, that really don't know how to sing, but proclaim to others that they know how to sing. Besides, my audience is significantly broader than you, good sir. So I'm not preaching to people with just an engineering background. So I would suggest that instead of taking the rational behind an argument, and deferring to an experience based judgment, I would much rather see an actual system of logic, that somewhat corresponds to what a serial innovator would actually say. In this case, It's dubious that a serial innovator, would say there's an actual limit to innovation, which is precisely why I think you're not an innovator. Just by deduction alone, you sound like an everyday reader that doesn't have any substance to back an opinion, so they use an inference pertaining to credo. But if you study logic, anyone who uses that tactic is making an appeal to credibility, which is often referred to as a fallacy of logic. Notice how I presented my argument, pure deduction, a form of constructing actual logic.
    Sep 6, 2014. 06:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Twitter And Facebook Survive [View article]
    You use a log function to find the missing variable, assuming the missing variable is an exponent. In the real world, finding that missing exponent can mean the difference between reversing a mechanical, or scientific observation based on an observation without having access to the exponent. Knowing techniques is far more important than memorizing useless information good sir. Techniques create a construct in which something can be replicated into a meaningful pattern of execution.
    Sep 6, 2014. 06:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Salesforce.com Has High Growth Potential: Initiating A $58 Price Target [View article]
    There will always be volatility, that's an unavoidable fact. I focus on the longer-term thesis, because I have found that by focusing on the long-term growth trajectory I ignore the pitfalls of thinking about a stock over the immediate short-term.
    Sep 6, 2014. 06:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Alibaba, Facebook, and Twitter.
    Sep 5, 2014. 11:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Things Intel Investors Need To Know [View article]
    Yeah, they can get to 10nm and so without EUV, so that's good to know. I think they'll do fine, and while R&D costs will increase, they're not going to fall behind, broad data indicates that many of its segments will do well, and even its core consumer PC division should do okay, especially if they can continue the PC upgrade cycle.
    Sep 5, 2014. 09:40 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Base Scenario: Apple's Mobile Payment Service Generates $2 Billion In Revenue [View article]
    Thanks for the comment :) I look forward to reading more of what you have to say!
    Sep 5, 2014. 09:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Twitter And Facebook Survive [View article]
    Log functions are done to find the missing value in an exponential function. Log base 10 with 100, the missing exponent? The value is 2. Log base 2 with value of 8. Missing exponent? That value is 3.

I've never had to explain a log function on an SA comment thread before. Anyhow, I'm out, I need to write a couple articles, and prepare for a big occasion. I like reading the comments that come through here though, so I encourage everyone to say whatever they want, Cho's always listening :)
    Sep 5, 2014. 09:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Twitter And Facebook Survive [View article]
    Well, they keep changing the model until it works. It's easy to find dead wood at a tech company, it's the guy who says, "let's just do it the way it has been done before." Yep, that guy needs to go with the bottom 20% of non-performers if we were to adhere to Jack Welch's management technique.

You have to be open to new ideas, and even build upon successful concepts, to survive in technology. It's not good enough to do something good at some point in time, and ride success just because you use to have some.
    Sep 5, 2014. 09:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Twitter And Facebook Survive [View article]
    Such a small population sample, I will not defer to your anecdotal experience as factual information.
    Sep 5, 2014. 09:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Twitter And Facebook Survive [View article]
    Why memorize meaningless information. Einstein didn't even know his own phone number.
    Sep 5, 2014. 09:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Yahoo: Why The Core Business Should Be Valued Higher [View article]
    It would not be surprising at all to see Yahoo! skyrocket on the day of the Alibaba IPO. Can't play the Alibaba roadshow, just buy Yahoo! and it's done, settled.
    Sep 5, 2014. 09:20 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment