Alex Cho

View Alex Cho's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The Negative Sentiment On Twitter Is Temporary [View article]
    You know, that's pretty creative. Pretty soon, we're going to be able to buy everything with mobile phones anyway.
    May 14 04:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Negative Sentiment On Twitter Is Temporary [View article]
    If users weren't clicking ads, the ad revenue per thousand time lines views would decline. Higher pricing may be one factor, but volume per impression is another factor that's helping to drive sales.

TA, states the stock is in a down-trend, and that's about it. I don't make an investment thesis on shorter time-frames, I find that the low prices can be capitalized upon, and once sentiment returns to positive, the stock will go back to IPO levels in a reasonable enough time.
    May 14 04:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hints Of Bottoming For Twitter [View article]
    Hey, thanks for reaching out to me! Oh, and great article by the way! Two thumbs up!
    May 14 04:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Negative Sentiment On Twitter Is Temporary [View article]
    lol, I have to admit that's pretty funny.
    May 13 06:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Negative Sentiment On Twitter Is Temporary [View article]
    Expense growth is not outpacing revenue growth. Share compensation expenses will drop significantly.
    May 13 05:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Negative Sentiment On Twitter Is Temporary [View article]
    Yeah, I expect the NBA post season to remain busy, as per usual on Twitter.
    May 12 11:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Negative Sentiment On Twitter Is Temporary [View article]
    When I refer to supply, I'm not referring to share count, but what people are willing to sell in a given day. This is mostly sentiment driven.
    May 12 11:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Negative Sentiment On Twitter Is Temporary [View article]
    Momentum names are rarely ever range bound for long. I like the conviction you have, but at the present moment, once excess supply is flushed out, and a group of investors with a buy and hold mentality accumulate, the average market supply will decline pushing the price higher. Assuming investors go back to accumulation, the long-term trend will pivot to the upside.

There's not a whole lot of supply and resistance levels to work with. I'm not huge on elliot wave theory, because it's not tied to anything but a generalized theory on nature and "waves." I think technical analysis can work, but usually TA is not for long-term trend prediction and is better for shorter time frames.
    May 12 06:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Negative Sentiment On Twitter Is Temporary [View article]
    No, they'd love to have you click on sponsored tweets, they just haven't figured out how yet.
    May 12 05:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Negative Sentiment On Twitter Is Temporary [View article]
    It's hard to tell if this inflection point is permanent or temporary, however over the long haul I believe that the value will return to the stock as investors become more confident and financial results continue to improve. Not everyone is a growth investor, and while I respect the opinion of that professor, I still have to disagree with him.
    May 12 05:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Negative Sentiment On Twitter Is Temporary [View article]
    No, that's not true. Refer to my previous article on Twitter. Admittedly, the sell-off on earnings in the beginning of 2014, was a little unexpected.
    May 12 05:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Negative Sentiment On Twitter Is Temporary [View article]
    I understand your concern, it's a little expensive to you, but I don't think the current price is warranted given the upside potential in its core advertising model, and it's successful transition to mobile devices.

Only two companies on the web have a newsfeed like structure worth investing into. On one hand you have Facebook, on the other you have Twitter. You have a total of two choices if you want to play digital advertising through social networks.
    May 12 04:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Samsung Chairman suffers heart attack [View news story]
    You can't be serious.
    May 11 08:21 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short E-Trade Due To Creative Destruction From Robinhood App [View article]
    Hey, this is a really solid article. Thanks.
    May 8 06:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Illusion Of Control [View article]
    Hi, definitely an interesting discussion. I really liked the case studies, but discouraging people from attempting to anticipate what a company is likely to earn in the future, defers back to being a value investors with a bias towards present value, but even so, you have illustrated cases where present value could be a meaningful indicator of potential returns, but you didn't mention cases where low P/E or low multiples did not lead to a meaningful conclusion as a buy-able investment idea.

I see, companies consistently report regression in earnings, with low P/E multiples get even cheaper on strictly a P/E basis. Both multiple contraction and earnings contraction at the same time, caused companies like AIG and Citigroup to trade at cents from the 2007 highs.

I think, you presented your case very clearly. But off the top of my head, I can imagine plenty of scenarios, where certainty is a better investment philosophy than uncertainty.
    May 4 05:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment