Alex Cho

View Alex Cho's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple: iPhone 6 And 6 Plus Will Hold Their Own Against Competition In Early 2015 [View article]
    So? We call them thugs over that fact?
    Dec 13, 2014. 10:08 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Qualcomm's Growth Prospects Look Promising Despite Negative Headwinds [View article]
    Yes, but lost revenue is still lost revenue. Qualcomm maximizes top line performance better by selling its entire SoC to Samsung over selling just the modem and RF Front end to Apple.
    Dec 13, 2014. 08:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Uh...... Samsung is run by business people, not thugs.
    Dec 13, 2014. 08:05 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Instagram Edges Out Growth Concerns At Facebook [View article]
    Well, Facebook is a pretty huge gate-keeper to a massive audience. You also have the option of working with Google, Yahoo/Bing, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and a couple major ad-networks that aggregate the ad-inventory of smaller publishers.

In other words, there's not a whole lot companies can do, but to pay-up for a respectable audience, or suffer the potential likelihood of losing market share to competitors who take on a more aggressive ad-buying budget. Look at how RockStar fell behind to Monster Energy Drink and RedBull. A lot of it had to do with marketing. So yes ad-based business models are starting to become more integral to various businesses, and I don't anticipate this to change in the foreseeable future.

Oh, and Wolf of Wall Street is on Netflix, so I think I'm going to go watch that now, as I'm a bit of a movie-nut.
    Dec 11, 2014. 07:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Instagram Edges Out Growth Concerns At Facebook [View article]
    Not really, because in yesterdays article I was talking about Facebook the application and how it will lose the teenage demographic. In today's article I explain how Facebook has aggregated a lot of user accounts inclusive of teenagers through its portfolio. Also, in yesterday's article I stated in the first section that apps like WhatsApp and Instagram help offset the loss of certain demographic groups. However, Facebook the application isn't likely to regain the young demographic anytime soon. Also, your opinion on my article, and how you're promoting other accounts shows a real lack of maturity. I don't think you understand how long I've been covering Facebook, or to the extent I understand the business environment that it's in.
    Dec 11, 2014. 07:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon: Free Cash Flow Not What The Bulls Purport It To Be [View article]
    Paulo that's unlikely to happen, because Amazon has tons of assets on its balance sheet for collateral against debt. Excluding that point, Amazon can simply increase pricing to improve its profitability and pay down the capital leases if in the event its capital structure proves to be too risky.
    Dec 10, 2014. 09:31 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Solid Fundamentals At A Reasonable Price [View article]
    DCF is your opinion on what a stock is worth. It doesn't mean that a stock will trade at that valuation. It's something you use to determine whether you're paying too much or too little, but rarely is it ever indicative of future price action.
    Dec 9, 2014. 08:23 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft's 3 Major Growth Catalysts [View article]
    @Bruce thank you :)
    Dec 5, 2014. 11:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where Does Google Go From Here? [View article]
    Really great comment, thank you.
    Dec 4, 2014. 07:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Intel's Data Center Business On Solid Ground? [View article]
    Ahh, thanks for pointing that out Paulo.
    Dec 4, 2014. 02:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Recent Pullback A Buy Opportunity [View article]
    No, no, I assure you, that the stock will likely move higher going into 2015, and at a pretty rapid clip. Returns will start to slow following 2016.
    Dec 3, 2014. 06:36 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel FY 2015: Mid-Teen Earnings Growth Attainable [View article]
    I've been here a while RSA.
    Dec 2, 2014. 10:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel And Inevitability [View article]
    As usual Russ, I'm glad you pitch in your insight on Intel. I always learn something new.
    Dec 1, 2014. 06:19 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: How Realistic Is A $1 Trillion Market Cap? [View article]
    The fact that Bill Maurer looks to one-day pricing action as justification for his stance.
    Dec 1, 2014. 05:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel FY 2015: Mid-Teen Earnings Growth Attainable [View article]
    I'm saying, if all the design houses go with Intel, the business going to other fabs would drop. So why would AMD, Nvidia, Qualcomm move their manufacturing to Intel? If Intel is the only firm with a cutting edge fab, eventually it will exhibit higher pricing for its services.
    Dec 1, 2014. 05:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment