Alex Cook

View Alex Cook's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why the iPad Falls Short [View article]
    I'll just leave this here: cnnmoneytalkback.blogs.../
    Apr 8, 2010. 03:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why the iPad Will Flop [View article]
    My opinion would be a lot different if it was half the price. It isn't an oversized smartphone. It's an oversized iPod Touch.
    Apr 8, 2010. 02:09 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why the iPad Will Flop [View article]
    That may be so, but it isn't relevant to the iPad.
    Apr 8, 2010. 02:08 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why the iPad Falls Short [View article]
    If it had USB, 3G came standard, and was $300 cheaper, my opinion on this would be completely different.
    Apr 5, 2010. 07:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why the iPad Falls Short [View article]
    I wasn't sure that was your main point. Please calm down. I misspoke about hardcore tech enthusiasts, which you are correct in pointing out that they probably wouldn't like this. What I probably should have said is hardcore Apple enthusiasts, like this: www.youtube.com/watch?...
    Apr 5, 2010. 05:09 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why the iPad Falls Short [View article]
    "Wow...you really haven't been paying even the slightest bit of attention to the build-up surrounding this device, have you?"

Yes, I have been; I'd have to be living under a rock not to hear about it. Frankly though, that's part of the reason why I think it will flop. Over-promised and under-delivered, instead of the other way around.
    Apr 5, 2010. 04:31 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why the iPad Falls Short [View article]
    I was thinking along the same lines. Sales this week are going to be abnormally high from hardcore tech enthusiasts, so I'm not really giving that too much credence. I think down the road, it's going to be a much different story.
    Apr 5, 2010. 04:05 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why the iPad Will Flop [View article]
    "You don't GET that this is the beginning of the end of the keyboard?? That this is a game-changer? That it is not just a fluke? "

Correct, I don't get that this is the beginning of the end of the keyboard.
    Apr 5, 2010. 03:28 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why the iPad Will Flop [View article]
    Probably. I'm waiting to see what sales for this are going to be one month and two months from now, because not all Apple customers are going to be like this: www.youtube.com/watch?...

If you wonder why other countries think American culture is odd...that video should explain it nicely
    Apr 5, 2010. 03:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why the iPad Will Flop [View article]
    UPDATE: IPad users are apparently reporting problems getting it to connect to wireless networks: www.informationweek.co...

Hmm...
    Apr 5, 2010. 02:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Mac Notebook Cannibalization From the iPad Could Be Significant [View article]
    I'm not sure. Windows users are abandoning Windows in favor of OS X. They are not abandoning it in favor of the iPad's training wheels.
    Apr 4, 2010. 09:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why the iPad Will Flop [View article]
    Hahaha yeah I don't take a lot of these comments too seriously.
    Apr 4, 2010. 09:04 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why the iPad Will Flop [View article]
    "it fills the void of making computing easy and accessible to all who don't want to learn Windows and all its cumbersome requirements"

See, that's the thing. The amount of computer illiterate people are much fewer than they used to be. Computer classes are required in many high schools now. My university required laptops, and if you couldn't afford one, the university provided one.
    Apr 4, 2010. 08:36 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why the iPad Will Flop [View article]
    I'm quite amused at how my article generated so many comments...and it's not even the trading week yet.
    Apr 4, 2010. 05:19 PM | 14 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why the iPad Will Flop [View article]
    Okay, tablets do make sense in a limited number of professions, and tablets like the HP Slate have been useful for people like health care practitioners as you said, or floor traders on financial exchanges. I could see the iPad becoming competitive in that market if it was priced lower.

But aside from that...?