This user currently has no profile.
Alex Salkever is the director of research at Piqqem.com (http://www.piqqem.com), a wisdom of crowds stock picking tool that leverages the Internet to aggregate crowd sentiment for improved stock predictions. He was formerly technology editor at BusinessWeek.com Visit Piqqem.com (http://www.piqqem.com)
- Description: Company executive. Trading frequency: Weekly
- Interests: ETFs, Stocks - long, Stocks - short
Piqqem Piqqem is an online stock selection service using a method of selection based on the "Wisdom of Crowds". Piqqem encourages users to make predictions on stock prices with simple graphical icons or using online graphing charts and uses a proprietary algorithm to aggregate the indication amd make predictions on ...More
price movement based on a "crowd opinion." Only users who have signed up with our free service can view the prediction trends on price lines and sentiments.Piqqem is similar to current prediction markets like those found on Betfair (sports betting) and the Hollywood Stock Exchange (movie box office returns). The company is located in the Silicon Valley town of Los Altos in Northern California near San Francisco. Piqqem was launched in the fall of 2008 with angel funding from early-stage Apple investor Mike Markkula (the first investor in Apple) and TellMe Networks founder Mike McCue.
Piqqem Blog Wisdom of Crowds is a fascinating way to view the market and our blog provides a running commentary on this topic filtered through the insights of our Piqqem users. Read the Piqqem blog regularly for updates on Piqqem services, articles written by Piqqem's staff, notes on trends coming out of the Piqqem ...More
userbase and other key information.
Currently, you have no book details. Click edit to add book details.
Latest Comments more »
- Have no idea that this post... on Apple Netbook Will Fill Newspaper Void
- Maybe they can start making... on Harley Davidson: Plan for More Downside
- I think the money goes to G... on What Will Happen to the Seattle Post-Intelligen...
- Hedge fund performance, in ... on The Good and Bad in Hedge Funds Today: A Manage...
- It's to the left of the sto... on Fallout from the Great Newspaper Implosion
Latest comments on Alex's Articles
- chrisj12 on Cell Phone Companies: Will ARPU, Multiples Fall...
- User 417831 on 3 Reasons to Consider Hewlett-Packard Now
- robecom on 3 Reasons to Consider Hewlett-Packard Now
- h0nd4r1d3r on 3 Reasons to Consider Hewlett-Packard Now
- Michael McDonnell on Sentiment for Apple Increasing but Palm, Nokia ...