Alex Shadunsky

View Alex Shadunsky's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Despite Housing Market Improvement, Investors Leaving Furniture Makers Behind [View article]
    Hmm.. I just saw that. Interesting development.
    Jun 6, 2013. 04:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Asta Funding: Results Continue To Impress The Market [View article]
    Nice call there.
    Dec 14, 2012. 02:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GT Advanced - Attractive Valuation But Incentive Structure Creating Potentially Damaging Strategy [View article]
    Bill, I see your points. I just think the incentives aren't aligned with shareholders so there is a high risk of shareholder unfriendly actions by management. Their incentives aren't linked with shareholders so why would they act in a way that rewards shareholders and not them?
    Oct 4, 2012. 04:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    His yearly salary squashes that $600k in shares he owns. His priorities are his bonus not the value of his shares.
    Oct 4, 2012. 04:48 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kodak's Patent Auction Slow Start Is Bad News For Nokia And RIM [View article]
    I have been wondering that myself.
    Oct 1, 2012. 03:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Blyth: ViSalus' Growth Trajectory Provides Substantial Upside For Shareholders [View article]
    I think the potential for the candle business to be worth more is there but since it has been in a multi-year decline, I'd like to see some turnaround in the operations before assigning it with a higher multiple.
    Sep 29, 2012. 09:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    They can roll over the debt. Find a private investor in ViSalus. I agree with abh3vt's options too.
    Sep 28, 2012. 06:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Asta Funding: Results Continue To Impress The Market [View article]
    Hey - thanks for the comment. I was looking at the shares outstanding for a while and couldn't figure out why the numbers weren't matching up with the shares repurchased. I thought it was due to options but I guess you answered my question. This definitely looks even better now.
    Aug 28, 2012. 10:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rentech: Still Below Break Up Value Despite Moves By Management [View article]
    There is no double counting going on but they are NET not burning cash as you suggest. The value of $3.20 a share is sum of the parts/break up of cash - liabilities + RNF stake. They expect to receive $54.4 million from RNF and burn $42-44 million which is a net GAIN of cash of $10.4-12.4 million before taxes. The present value of those cash flows is not included in my break up valuation as you suggest.
    Jun 28, 2012. 11:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia: Patent Portfolio Valuation Range Too Great To Make Nokia A Compelling Buy [View article]
    Thanks for the comment - I am suggesting that it's tough to sell patents when you are in a distressed situation.
    Jun 28, 2012. 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree with you but it seems like they're taking some steps to return capital to shareholders. Furthermore, the $40 million cash burn is a drain but with the RNF dividend, they're running about a small cash surplus.
    Jun 28, 2012. 11:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 8x8 Sells Patent Family For $12M; Implies Patent Portfolio Value Of Up To $600M [View article]
    Good article. If you/commenters are correct that there are 2 patents a family on average for 8x8, that suggests a patent valuation of $6 million/patent. It's possible, but it seem a be a very inflated figure figure. All of the comp patent transactions I have seen come out at between $100k-$1 million a patent (Google/Motorola, Microsoft/AOL, InterDigital/Intel, and others). Taking the high end of that suggests that EGHT's patent portfolio is worth $80 million not $600 million.

More than likely, there are were more than 2 patents involved in the transaction.
    Jun 27, 2012. 11:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Blast Applications (BLAP) Increases In Growth, Clients And Revenues [View instapost]
    No problem - thanks for reading.
    Jun 24, 2012. 12:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Yum! Brands: Attractive Company But Has To Fall Further To Become An Attractive Stock  [View instapost]
    link to a recent article on YUM: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jun 19, 2012. 07:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Globus Maritime: A $3 Stock Worth $6 A Share [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. I am looking to buy in.
    Jun 17, 2012. 12:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment