Alexander J. Poulos

View Alexander J. Poulos' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Illustrating My Decision To Invest In UPS [View article]
    maybenpt,

Enjoy the research process, once completed I suspect you will agree UPS has a virtually insurmountable moat.
    Apr 22, 2015. 08:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Illustrating My Decision To Invest In UPS [View article]
    bilow,

You are very welcome.
    Apr 21, 2015. 08:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Illustrating My Decision To Invest In UPS [View article]
    maybenot,

I paired UPS with UNP as my ongoing bet on the continued strength of the US economy. Both are viewed as long term holds with an immense moat, in UNP case their network simply can not be duplicated from scratch. Best of luck on your decision. On a side note, Ge continues to sell off.
    Apr 21, 2015. 08:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    TF17,

There are other industrial plays available with much better earnings prospects than GE. With a modicum of patience, I am certain you will make the right choice. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Apr 19, 2015. 07:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    rose,

Sleeping well at night is far more important than a few additional percentage points in capital gains. Your instincts will more times than not lead you down the right path. Thanks as always fro reading and commenting.
    Apr 19, 2015. 07:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Mike,

Your bottom line was the exact debate raging in my head since the announcement of the new capital plan. GE had morphed into my 7th largest position, I simply wasn't comfortable holding with such a tepid earnings growth environment. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Apr 19, 2015. 07:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Doc,

Thank you as always. I am fairly confident an opportunity will present itself fairly shortly.
    Apr 19, 2015. 07:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Burch,

GE is modeling a 25 cent per share positive impact on earnings which will negate some of the loss from the downsizing of GE capital. To lap the earnings shortfall they need the industrial divisions to grow earnings at a double digit rate. For me the choice was clear, I don't view sufficient upside to take on the execution risk involved with such a large transformation. Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment.
    Apr 18, 2015. 11:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Zok,

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it. I just looked at the financial and managements goals and made a decision with no emotional attachment.
    Apr 18, 2015. 08:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    colodude,

Thank you for the kind words. I wanted to use as broad of a measure as possible to get a feel for industrial growth going forward.
    Apr 18, 2015. 06:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Eric,

Yes, $41 sorry for the typo.
    Apr 18, 2015. 06:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Mike,

I direct you to the GE Capital Strategy slides dated April 10th 2015 page 17 lays out Ge case for making up the loss in GE capitals earnings power. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Apr 18, 2015. 06:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    divest,

Well done, I recently snagged UNP at $108 as well. An extremely well run, deeply entrenched company.
    Apr 18, 2015. 06:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    longinthe tooth,

I appreciate the comment, thanks for reading and commenting.
    Apr 18, 2015. 06:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Eric,

On the recent CC management indicated they bought back 2 million shares in Feb at $14 and received a recent authorization to purchase an additional 2 million shares. They have a pretty good track record when it comes to share repurchases. they stopped repurchases two years ago and have recently started them again. Best of luck choosing a replacement.
    Apr 18, 2015. 10:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment