Alexander J. Poulos

View Alexander J. Poulos' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Examining Gilead Sciences' Future Pipeline [View article]
    Buddy,

It is an interesting company, I am interested to see what the preliminary data shows for their novel compound. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Dec 21, 2014. 01:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fastenal: Impressive Growth But Not Enough To Buy [View article]
    Musings,

They have traded at a premium due to superior growth prospects and management team. The team relentlessly reduces costs as evidenced by their stellar profit margins. That being said, the shares are a tad overvalued and aren't attractive here. If they every sell-off I may be inclined to open a position. I adjusted the WACC to 8.5 and the terminal growth rate to 3% and came up with a $40 target price. Still not attractive.
    Dec 21, 2014. 01:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Examining Gilead Sciences' Future Pipeline [View article]
    Jim,

I just reviewed the pricing data and As I suspected ABBV would not initiate a price war with GILD. The roughly 83k price tag is far from a compelling reason to use Viekra when Sovaldi costs 84k before insurance. ABBV will be hard pressed to take meaningful market share. Notice how GILD stock was up sharply on Friday, we will see new highs very shortly as one of the major overhangs has been removed.
    Dec 20, 2014. 03:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Examining Gilead Sciences' Future Pipeline [View article]
    Jim and Menicholas,

The rapid growth of the Hep C market is part of the reason for my bullish stance towards GILD. The second part is the future pipeline especially if Simtuzamab is approved for NASH. The comment about being the most valuable health care concern based on market cap was not meant as hyperbole. Thank you both for reading and meaningfully adding to the conversation.
    Dec 20, 2014. 03:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Fastenal: Impressive Growth But Not Enough To Buy [View article]
    Musings,

Great article on a fabulous company. I have had my eye on them for a while, yet I agree they are slightly overvalued. I will continue to monitor them and await for a better entry point.
    Dec 20, 2014. 02:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seeking Alpha's Biotech Weekly: A Merck Purchase, Spectacular Auspex, And More [View article]
    Mike,

Thank you for the inclusion in this weeks update.
    Dec 19, 2014. 05:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Examining Gilead Sciences' Future Pipeline [View article]
    Jim321,

Thanks for adding to the conversation. I believe we will be getting some data as well this year on this product as well. I am more intrigued by the potential treatment for NASH, as this would be a chronic treatment and would offset the eventual dropoff in Hep C sales.
    Dec 18, 2014. 06:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Examining Gilead Sciences' Future Pipeline [View article]
    keallen,

The stock will make a meaningful move after the ABBV drug is approved and we see preliminary script count.
    Dec 18, 2014. 06:27 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Examining Gilead Sciences' Future Pipeline [View article]
    Morgan,

Thank you for meaningfully adding to the conversation. I highlighted the potential NASH treatment due to the large potential population base. I am very anxious to see the preliminary data released this year. thanks for reading and commenting.
    Dec 18, 2014. 06:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Examining Gilead Sciences' Future Pipeline [View article]
    jstratt,

The market will come along top GILD potential. I choose to highlight Simtuzamab due to the multiple targeted areas it is being tested for. If it approved for NASH, its a game changer as it afflicts a large percentage of the populace. Lets see how the data unfolds. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Dec 17, 2014. 08:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Examining Gilead Sciences' Future Pipeline [View article]
    Pharma Doc,

Thank you for the praise, I appreciate it.
    Dec 17, 2014. 08:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Examining Gilead Sciences' Future Pipeline [View article]
    Jim,

Never underestimate the industries ability to continuously innovate. I suspect once a viable treatment is available an intrepid company will devise a test to diagnose NASH. As for ABBV, lets see what its is granted approval for and the script volume. I suspect it will underwhelm setting GILD up for a big run next year. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Dec 17, 2014. 08:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Examining Gilead Sciences' Future Pipeline [View article]
    Tim,

A dividend will be paid when they run out of more economical uses for the cash. I rather have acquisitions and share repurchases. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Dec 17, 2014. 08:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ensco: The Pain Is Far From Over Yet [View article]
    growthgeek,

The one I am interested in is APA. Book value in the 80's with lots of exposure to shale oil. Take a look at the recent press release to get an idea what there cost is to produce in various regions of the world. There decision to sell off certain properties to redeploy capital to the Eagle Ford is quite smart. I can see them getting acquired by one of the majors, I suspect Jana partners will push for a buyout.
    Dec 17, 2014. 08:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Examining Gilead Sciences' Future Pipeline [View article]
    badeconomy,

Exactly, thanks for reading and commenting.
    Dec 17, 2014. 01:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment