Alexander J. Poulos

• A Few Key Points I Am Watching For From Gilead Sciences [View article]
    Rich,

Thanks, I enjoy writing them
    Jul 21, 2015. 09:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Few Key Points I Am Watching For From Gilead Sciences [View article]
    LH,

The oncology field is quite crowded which will necessitate significant capital towards building out reps and support. My hunch is GILD will continue its focus on diseases of the liver unless a specialized field opens up where they can apply the same methods used in the HIV/HCV marketplace. VRTX fits the bill here yet the price is quite high. The team is quite disciplined and should be given time to hammer out a deal. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Jul 21, 2015. 09:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Few Key Points I Am Watching For From Gilead Sciences [View article]
    ptatty,

I prefer CMCSA, they trade at a far more reasonable valuation and do not have as much exposure to the skinny bundle packages that are catching on like wildfire. Once customers are able to opt out of ESPN, DIS will face a large hole in their revenue stream

CMCSA article http://seekingalpha.co...

DIS article http://seekingalpha.co...

As always, thanks for reading and commenting.
    Jul 21, 2015. 09:21 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Few Key Points I'm Looking For In Citigroup's Upcoming Earnings Release [View article]
    A question concerning the TBV from the recent conference call.

Marty Mosby - Vining Sparks
    Last thing I am going to ask is, and I appreciate the time. As you look at your tangible book value, you’ve without these extra charges because you’ve tied a lot of thing reserved and those what’s are ahead but just assume that less of the head versus what we’ve seen in the past, are your ability to repurchase add or below tangible book value when the returns improving, growth this quarter annualize the tangible book values about 8%, it just seems like that acceleration could continue into the future and just want to see your thoughts on that? Thanks.

John Gerspach - Chief Financial Officer
    Well, agree with you that we do think that overtime we have the ability to grow tangible book, obviously as I mentioned before one of the items that you are always focused on with tangible book is the impact of rates on your AFS portfolio and you’ve seen that there were times when that can have a - that can play a heavy hand in dampening down the growth, but we do believe that if we can continue to perform we should the way we have been, we have the opportunity to continue to grow tangible book. It’s one of the reasons why we think that continuing with stock repurchases is the right thing to do from a capital return point of view.
    Jul 16, 2015. 07:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    J Woods,

With TBV at $59.18, it wouldn't take much for the shares to trade above the number. C closed at $58.59 today, up 3.7% off the back of a stellar report. If my thesis holds and the market rallies during the coming earnings season, a move to $60 is likely. As always, time will tell. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Jul 16, 2015. 04:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    A quality report out today by Citigroup. The shares are trading at a new 52 week high as the Street likes what it sees.

BOOK VALUE PER SHARE OF $68.27
    TANGIBLE BOOK VALUE PER SHARE OF $59.184

Lets see if the shares can rally above TBV.
    Jul 16, 2015. 09:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    J Woods,

I am looking for steady progress in the coming report. How does C continue to trade at TBV whereas its peers including BAC trade above is beyond me. I am curious to see the average price per share paid on repurchased shares to gauge managements effectiveness. I don't disagree with you on your thesis of C, I actually published an article last year stating the case for a double in 5 years. http://seekingalpha.co...

Lets see how the story progresses. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Jul 15, 2015. 12:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • An Update On General Electric [View article]
    Felix,

Excellent words to live by. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Jul 15, 2015. 08:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Update On General Electric [View article]
    Steve,

You have posted a well reasoned argument. I remain hesitant to purchase GE in the $26 range as I see the ultimate upside (28-30 by 2018) as rather unappealing. In the low 25 or under range the company becomes more interesting especially if the deals are green lighted. I will continue to monitor events, I have an affinity for large well established companies undergoing a radical makeover. Thanks for reading and posting an excellent comment.
    Jul 9, 2015. 09:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Update On General Electric [View article]
    Saries,

It depends on the final outcome of the Alstom deal. If further concessions are demanded, the economic viability of the deal could collapse. The problem for GE would be the Alstom acquisition is vital to expanding the power portion of the companies return to their industrial roots. Analysts have bandied about a larger share repurchase yet the CEO would be accuses of further financial engineering. It will be interesting to see how the story plays out.
    Jul 9, 2015. 09:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • An Update On General Electric [View article]
    Felix,

If the risk reward is favorable, why not.
    Jul 9, 2015. 09:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Update On General Electric [View article]
    doc47,

You maybe correct. I am watching the vents unfold for GE. A tradeable opportunity may arise once again. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Jul 9, 2015. 09:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Long Kraft As The Heinz Merger Radically Transforms The Company [View article]
    To all,

I reinvested the dividend in KHC at 73 and 73.11 respectively. I hold shares in two separate accounts and KHC is now my 6th largest holding. Let's see how the story unfolds.
    Jul 7, 2015. 11:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I just got off the phone with my broker (Schwab). My account does reflect the merger with the new shares, however the cash received will not be reinvested. I will need to complete the transaction myself.
    Jul 7, 2015. 08:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Mike,

I have a feeling the amount will be reinvested tomorrow. The reason behind this is the money wasn't sent out until today and most brokers will reinvest at the open the next day. I will update the post tomorrow to reflect my experience.
    Jul 6, 2015. 05:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment