Alexander J. Poulos

View Alexander J. Poulos' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why I Sold Out Of Exxon Mobil [View article]
    Perhaps, Rex knows a bit about the future path of crude oil. XOM carves out a new low over the past few trading sessions as crude continues to sink.

WTI crude oil settled at a three-month low $52.53/bbl, -7.7%, on a confluence of worries about the Greece debt drama, China’s stock markets and a new flood of Iranian oil; Brent crude fell to $56.50, -6.3%, to snap its 100-day MA. WTI has dropped 10% over three straight sessions and Brent more than 7% lower in two consecutive days, breaking out of the narrow trading band of the past three months and risking a deeper slide ahead.The energy sector (XLE -1.3%) is easily the worst performing equity group today: CLR -7.4%, NOG -7.8%, OAS -8.5%, DNR -6.7%, WLL -6%.Oil supermajors also are sharply lower: XOM -1%, COP -2.8%, CVX -1.1%, BP -3.3%, TOT -3%.
    Jul 6, 2015. 05:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Long Kraft As The Heinz Merger Radically Transforms The Company [View article]
    billinsd,

The new dividend is 55 cents per share for shareholders on record as of July 22. The dividend will be paid on July 31st. As for the special dividend, it should be paid upon the closing of the deal which is July 2nd. My brokerage house has not updated my account to reflect the payment nor the new shares yet. I suspect the update will post tomorrow. Using KHC closing price (the new entities symbol) of $73 and adding the dividend of $16.50 nets you a price of $89.50. The shares continue to perform well since I highlighted them a month ago.
    Jul 6, 2015. 04:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Updating My Bullish Thesis On Deere [View article]
    Lets see if the rally continues.

Signs are pointing to a sustained crop price rally, Deutsche Bank analysts say as they maintain their Buy rating and $106 price target on Deere (DE -0.8%).Recent crop price momentum is not only a positive for equipment sales, but should also be sustainable, the analysts say, as more wet weather suggests downside risk to yields and supplies of the 2015-16 crop and could help sustain price momentum.Given DE's high correlation to corn prices, strong cost management during the downturn and strong capital return program, Deutsche Bank expects the stock to outperform throughout the growing season.
    Jul 6, 2015. 02:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    poortorich,

I agree with your thesis. I believe KRFT will not only grow, it should outpace the industries return over the course of the rest of the decade. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Jul 6, 2015. 08:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Replacing Colgate-Palmolive With Comcast. [View article]
    muscle,

Agreed, CMCSA is still attractively priced at a new all-time high.
    Jul 2, 2015. 06:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Replacing Colgate-Palmolive With Comcast. [View article]
    horowitz,

Thank you, I am impressed with the collection of assets and the future growth potential. V is a top five holding as well, I remain very bullish on them for the long run.
    Jul 2, 2015. 06:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Replacing Colgate-Palmolive With Comcast. [View article]
    rich,

I prefer the food space with KRFT and HSY in the consumer staples sector. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Jul 2, 2015. 06:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Replacing Colgate-Palmolive With Comcast. [View article]
    BuyandHold,

I appreciate the comment. I view CMCSA as the superior choice going forward. Thanks as always for reading and commenting.
    Jul 2, 2015. 03:52 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Replacing Colgate-Palmolive With Comcast. [View article]
    poortorich,

The best part about CMCSA is how the grew even during the recessionary period of 2008-2009. CMCSA is truly hated, yet offers a wider moat than DIS. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Jul 2, 2015. 02:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Sell Colgate-Palmolive [View article]
    Part two can be seen here http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jul 2, 2015. 01:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Re-Examining My Bullish Thesis On Hershey [View article]
    Kathy,

Thanks for the link and the kind words. A price in the 85-90 range would be an excellent entry in my opinion.
    Jun 29, 2015. 08:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Profit From The Biotech Craze: Long Gilead Sciences And Short Taro [View article]
    Simon,

Be careful with the Greece prediction, there is a TON of showmanship going on here. I suspect a last minute "stay of execution" will be granted, as Syriza has threatened a national referendum. The last thing the EU wants is a failed state within its borders. My outside the box bet is the market will actually rally sharply in July, before a swoon in the August-October time frame. We should know more on Tuesday, thank you again for reading and commenting.
    Jun 28, 2015. 07:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Re-Examining My Bullish Thesis On Hershey [View article]
    Qniform,

HSY is an easy 10%+ compounded over the course of the rest of the decade with dividends invested. Very simple and predictable business model where the company grows its revenue at a mid single digit clip. The top in the shares was over $111 hit in January. I suspect the management team will fix the issues in China that weighed heavily on earnings. I would not be at all surprised if we surpass $111 by the end of next year. There is not a lot of risk here for some significant upside.

As for the multiple, HSY always trades at an above market multiple due to the predictive nature of the business. The premium has shrunk significantly here, making it in my view attractive. As always, thanks for reading and commenting.
    Jun 26, 2015. 09:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Re-Examining My Bullish Thesis On Hershey [View article]
    Steve,

Keep up the good work!! An excellent way to fatten the bottom line. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Jun 26, 2015. 08:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    209773671.

The two largest holdings are APPL and V.
    Jun 25, 2015. 09:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment