Alexander J. Poulos

View Alexander J. Poulos' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Detailing My Bullish Thesis On American Express [View article]
    Sarte,

Thank you, I felt the ruling was a material change in my thesis.
    Feb 24, 2015. 09:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Detailing My Bullish Thesis On American Express [View article]
    To all,

The AXP position was sold at a 5% loss. I have significant concerns due to the recent court decision. The anti trust ruling is a negative which puts AXP premium swipe fee structure at risk. The funds were redeployed into NVO as detailed here. http://seekingalpha.co...
    Feb 24, 2015. 08:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Capturing The Growth Of The Diabetic Epidemic Via Shares Of Novo Nordisk [View article]
    cmsdms1980,

Yes you are correct. The annual dividend is 75 cents this year versus 83 cents last year. At first glance it would appear NVO lowered the dividend which is not the case. Currency conversion reduced the net amount. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Feb 24, 2015. 08:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Fastenal: A Wide-Moat High-Growth Play With A Dividend Approaching 3% [View article]
    Ernie Mac,

The low for 2014 is $40.20 per share, a level that maybe revisited. I am comfortable with my purchase price, I suspect taking a longer term view of things will pay of handsomely. Thanks for adding further to the discussion.
    Feb 23, 2015. 03:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    gklemenc,

The effect can be clearly seen on NVO multiple. At first glance, many will pass on NVO stating their multiple is "too high". If they continue to examine the company they will quickly determine large forex swings have distorted the companies balance sheet. Great company.
    Feb 23, 2015. 02:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    gklemenc,

Under the 2015 outlook heading, I added some bulleted points from the companies 2015 expectations. Currency swings are masking robust top and bottom line growth. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Feb 23, 2015. 02:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    casbrow,

The recommendations are from the WHO not myself. What I will state is the following: It all boils down to caloric intake. If a person is consuming additional calories than necessary they will pack on the pounds. Excessive weight gain significantly increases a persons risk factor in developing diabetes although it is not a guarantee. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Feb 23, 2015. 01:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Harm and El Luchador,

NVO is a great company, one I regret selling previously. The recent purchase should be viewed as a correction of my hasty action. Thank you both for reading and commenting.
    Feb 23, 2015. 01:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Tim,

I suspect Afrezza will have quite a bit of difficulty in gaining traction in today's market. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Feb 23, 2015. 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Warren Buffett Increases His Stake In Deere, Is It Time To Buy? [View article]
    Best question of the earnings conference call.

Steven Fisher - UBS
    Great. Thanks very much. Wondering how you guys are thinking about when you could see the trough year of revenues in ag and maybe how that view has changed at all in the last few months. Thank you.
    Tony Huegel - Director, IR
    Thank you. I don't know that our view has changed necessarily in the last few months. I think the first and maybe the last thing I'll say on it is, it's very premature really to talk about market conditions beyond 2015. As we all know, that will largely be impacted by the upcoming growing season and it's just very, very early.

That being said, as we talked about previously, if you look at and assume more normal weather patterns and we've talked about an analysis that our Chief Economist has completed. If you look at normal weather patterns, trend yields, with the expected lower acreage that most are anticipating for corn as we go into the upcoming growing season that would result in production slightly less than usage. And you would see stocks brought down and pricing being more supported. If that would transpire, we would certainly expect to see some improvement next year.

Now again, that's based on assumptions of weather, and that's always risky. While we've had two very good years in a row now for growing, especially last year had pretty much ideal growing conditions that doesn't mean we won't see it again this year. And so that's the risk to the outlook. So again, we'll be watching closely as planting season approaches and what actually gets planted in terms of various crops, as well as of course as we move through the summer what happens with the growing conditions. And that will largely drive what we would expect to see as we move into 2016. So again, I'll end where I started, it's really very premature to talk about things beyond 2015.
    Feb 23, 2015. 11:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    SLR,

I fully concur. I would not be surprised at all if the share price did indeed double, yet the major headwind is currency. That being said looking past the currency issue the company is extremely well run with a burgeoning top and bottom line. Over time the path of least resistance for the share price is up. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Feb 23, 2015. 11:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    badly,

I fully concur. I actually had a previous position in this fine company in 2013 after the FDA announcement they would not approve Tresiba. I foolishly sold it for a small gain when the correct course of action was to buy and hold. The oversight was recently corrected with the expectation of holding over the course of the rest of the decade. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Feb 23, 2015. 11:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    wbowers39 and Ernie Mac,

I view the insider buying as a positive sign. Management realizes what a wonderful business they have and how undervalued it is currently. Assuming earnings and revenues grow at a double digit rate over the next few years, today's price will be viewed as an absolute bargain. Thank you both for reading and commenting.
    Feb 23, 2015. 09:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Chasing alpha,

The main driving force for FAST is growth in manufacturing not the housing market. The vending solutions actually reduce costs hence making them quite appreciated. They further reduce costs for FAST by cutting down on the number of trips to restock the machine.

As for M&A, FAST has strictly grown organically and has yet to have made an acquisition. SSS is still tracking at a double digit clip, easily the envy of most of retail. Outside of CMG name another large cap well established company that is posting double digit same store sales growth. The analysts are quite myopic in their view of fretting over a slight tick down in margins, operating expenses are still the class of the industry plus the investment in personnel will pay off with better service down the line. There isn't much to over think here, you grown sales at a double digit clip with operating margins over 22% your bottom line will continue to expand at a rapid clip. Great company that continues to execute. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Feb 22, 2015. 09:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Daniel,

Thanks again, I appreciate it.
    Feb 21, 2015. 07:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment