Alexander J. Poulos

View Alexander J. Poulos' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Dollar General Morphs Into The Next Great Dividend Growth Play [View article]
    Eric,

Thanks for stopping by. The credit profile is adequate and will only come into play when interest rates back up substantially. Until then, having debt on the balance sheet remains prudent. DG is poised to become a DGI dream akin to what TGT did once they began to raise the dividend. I expect double digit hikes for the rest of the decade.
    Jun 12, 2015. 01:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Exiting My Position In General Electric [View article]
    To all,

i am sorry for the tardy posting. The GE position has been replaced with DG as detailed here. http://seekingalpha.co...

My favorite pick for 2016 is KRFT as detailed here. http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jun 12, 2015. 12:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Expanding Further On Gilead Sciences [View article]
    bob,

You are very welcome. The shares have too much momentum here, perhaps after the next earnings report maybe an ample time for call writing. Until then enjoy the ride and the soon to be paid out dividend. I am taking the wife out to dinner to celebrate!!! Go GILD!!!
    Jun 11, 2015. 09:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Citigroup Breaks Out To New Highs [View article]
    getjdb,

The overall portfolio is described in my newsletter. I offer real time updates on all moves made. YTD the portfolio is up 7.40 versus the S&P at 3.08 and Russel at 5.6, since inception (1/2012) the portfolio is up 16.59 vs S&P at 17.06 and Russell at 16.11. A large part of this years out performance is due to the top ten holdings performing better than the overall market. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Jun 10, 2015. 09:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Citigroup Breaks Out To New Highs [View article]
    lajns,

Thank you, C closed at a 52 week high today. Lets see if it can keep the momentum going.
    Jun 10, 2015. 08:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Citigroup Breaks Out To New Highs [View article]
    emerald,

Yes, C has fallen quite hard from the all the bad loans of the later part of the last decade.
    Jun 10, 2015. 06:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Hertz Could Benefit From Raising Prices [View article]
    The move higher begins when we finally get a clean set of financials to analyze. Until then, we remain in limbo.
    Jun 10, 2015. 05:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Citigroup Breaks Out To New Highs [View article]
    mo,

Thank you.
    Jun 10, 2015. 05:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Citigroup Breaks Out To New Highs [View article]
    Apla,

Yes, as long as the economy grows and demand for credit holds up, C has ample room for more growth. The NIM growth is very helpful as well.
    Jun 10, 2015. 05:48 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dollar General Morphs Into The Next Great Dividend Growth Play [View article]
    DG just hit a new high for the year today. Not bad for a boring retail play.
    Jun 10, 2015. 05:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Citigroup Breaks Out To New Highs [View article]
    TG,

Number 6 is recent addition KRFT which I am super bullish on for next year. Feel free to review http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jun 10, 2015. 04:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Citigroup Breaks Out To New Highs [View article]
    Lamarius,

No problem, they are in order of portfolio composition: AAPL, V, GOOGL, GILD and C. I am quite pleased with all of them. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Jun 10, 2015. 04:58 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Expanding Further On Gilead Sciences [View article]
    Dothemath,

I suspect it has more to do with the staying power of the HCV franchise. Lets face it, the analysts have been consistently wrong on the pace of GILD revenue growth. I believe the recent quote from Milligan at the GS conference is quite telling.

On the issue of further competition from Merck

Terence Flynn - Goldman Sachs
    Okay. So then another question I am sure you get frequently, we get frequently is just how you think the entry of Merck next year could change if at all the pricing dynamics in U.S. marketplace?

John Milligan - President and Chief Operating Officer
    Yes, it’s interesting if you think back to what happened last year with AbbVie and Gilead coming to market somewhat simultaneously with new molecules, one of our two is new, three of theirs were new. There was a kind of different dynamic than you would expect in the future, because the performance was relatively unknown other than the clinical studies and you could sort of compare them and say they are comparable. Clearly, the market doesn’t think they are comparable. There is a clear preference for Harvoni over the Viekira Pak. As Merck comes to market next year, we have a dataset of hundreds of thousands of people treated and cured. And so I think it becomes harder and harder to have the same kind of impact that AbbVie did through the kinds of tactics that they took, and I think it becomes more of a market, which is traditionally have in pharmaceuticals, which is you try to feature your best attributes of your product to gain market share in that area. Merck’s products have some opportunities, where we have things that aren’t in our label. We will have some strength over their label particularly I think the genotype 1a, where our results appear to be much better than theirs. So, I think we will both kind of work on attributes and both Merck and Gilead have next generation products coming up very shortly thereafter, which I think will be the focus of the real next battle was between the two of us who can get to market with the best label with these pan-genotypic three-drug combinations and that will be I think really the next challenge for us. So, I think it will be much less of an event than is being anticipated by some of the people out there.
    Jun 10, 2015. 01:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Expanding Further On Gilead Sciences [View article]
    Gild hit a new all time high in intraday trading. I need to see a closing high above the old high of $116.43 for a confirmation of the upside breakout. I suspect we may receive it sooner rather than later. It has been a great 6 six weeks for the GILD bulls.
    Jun 10, 2015. 11:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment