Alexander J. Poulos

• Gilead Sciences Is Poised To Break Out [View article]
    777,

You are very welcome.
    May 14, 2015. 09:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dollar General Morphs Into The Next Great Dividend Growth Play [View article]
    Jeffery,

With DLTR winning the bidding war for FDO, I expect DG to concentrate in growing organically from here.
    May 14, 2015. 09:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dollar General Morphs Into The Next Great Dividend Growth Play [View article]
    rtuck,

You are very welcome.
    May 14, 2015. 09:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dollar General Morphs Into The Next Great Dividend Growth Play [View article]
    Keith,

The trick in retail is to invest in the next category killer concept. Watch the dollar store space, they can price their products on par with WMT while providing smaller more convenient locations. The dividend and aggressive share repurchase plan is managements signal that they expect the shares to outperform here. I actually had DG last year in the mid 50's yet sold due to the fear of a bidding war erupting in FDO. See http://seekingalpha.co...

You are correct, I figured we would get a pullback yet non ever materialized. Enjoy the research, DG is a really neat company.
    May 14, 2015. 09:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences Is Poised To Break Out [View article]
    Doc,

Thanks for pointing out the announcement of the advance straight into phase 3 trials. I found this note from Michael Yee discussing the potential for this molecule. http://bit.ly/1FlqweA

GILD market cap should not be viewed as an impediment for future growth. There are quite a few companies with larger current market caps that simply do not have the earnings or revenue growth of GILD.
    May 13, 2015. 08:06 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences Is Poised To Break Out [View article]
    raising,

No I would not. Bernie Sanders has limited influence, he is just grandstanding to generate publicity for his campaign to become the Democrats candidate for President.
    May 13, 2015. 07:46 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences Is Poised To Break Out [View article]
    jstartt,

Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed the article. I view Simtuzumab as the real game changer. A cure for HBV would be quite welcomed yet it would put GILD in the (a wonderful quandary to have) same predicament it is now. The market just can't accurately gauge the true revenue potential of the HCV franchise. A treatment for NAH would be quite easy to model which would generate a much higher multiple for GILD. Lets keep or fingers crossed, GILD is a great company to watch.
    May 13, 2015. 07:08 PM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences Is Poised To Break Out [View article]
    jsn,

Lets see in July when the funds report holdings if GILD shows up as a holding in the more conservative funds.
    May 13, 2015. 06:48 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences Is Poised To Break Out [View article]
    Kyle,

I am seeing the same type of pattern. I actually believe we are poised for an upside breakout here. Hopefully, the market will validate our opinion. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    May 13, 2015. 06:45 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences Is Poised To Break Out [View article]
    Jbois,

We will get some interim data on NASH this year. The ASCO conference should be interesting. Any promise shown in oncology can give the shares a lift.
    May 13, 2015. 06:44 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences Is Poised To Break Out [View article]
    ca,

share repurchases will offset some of the option overhand along with reducing a bit of the share count. GILD needs continued success of the HCV franchise coupled with a new revenue source towards the end of the decade to offset the decline in HCV revenue. If they are successful in this endeavor, GILD becomes the most valuable company in the healthcare industry.
    May 13, 2015. 06:43 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences Is Poised To Break Out [View article]
    Sam's,

I fully agree.
    May 13, 2015. 06:41 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead Sciences Is Poised To Break Out [View article]
    Juan,

Management indicated a preliminary reading this year however the trials aren't slatted for completion until late 2016. I would surmise NASH is a 2017 event. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    May 13, 2015. 06:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Updating My Bullish Thesis In Cognizant [View article]
    Keith,

Ah DIS, the one that got away. I hesitated to purchase DIS in 2012 when theme park attendance was down. I reckoned it would stay subdued and decided to purchase something else. Then DIS comes out and buys Marvel, a great move, a reason to acquire right then and there. But no, I will wait for a pullback which simply never materialize. Can't win them all, the lesson learned is when you have a well entrenched entity that makes stellar acquisition jump on and enjoy the ride.
    May 13, 2015. 05:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sinclair Broadcast Group: Prodigious Cash Flow Augurs Well For Additional Upside [View article]
    Speetzman,

The FCF yield is simply stunning, an awesome starting point for analysis. I am not considered by the debt load as the interest rate on the debt is sub 5% making it quite attractive. The management team has replaced higher coupon debt with lower interest debt over the past year, a move that will continue.

The cord cutting phenomena is real yet in my opinion will hurt the weaker content companies that require large bundled packages to generate their fees. For example, VIA.B (recently disposed off) generates roughly 40 cents per viewer for MTV, a channel with declining viewership. I can easily see where the channel will be excluded from a bunch of packages whereas the Food network won't. The traditional companies (ABC, NBS, CBS etc) have moved with OTT service for $6 a month in an attempt to stem the tide. The broadcasters will get a cut from the subscription revenue.

I am keenly interested in the upcoming spectrum auction. I suspect the FCC estimates will be proven to be quite low. At some point, I would not be surprised at all if the broadcasters liquidate some of their stations at a hefty premium. In essence when you have a business generating double digit free cash flow gains, how are you going to entice them to sell out? You will need to offer a nice premium.

The company has a dual share structure with the B shares held by insiders. There are 25 million B shares worth ten votes each. The A shares are less than 75 million and declining. The share repurchases almost exclusively repurchase the A shares. The dividend rate is certainly acceptable, I figure at minimum we should see a nice bump in revenues once the presidential election season begins in earnest. I would be interested in your father-n-laws take as a person in the industry. Thanks, Alex.
    May 13, 2015. 04:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment