Alexander J. Poulos

View Alexander J. Poulos' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Time To Ride The Rails With Union Pacific [View article]
    Timmies,

You are very welcome, thanks as always for reading and commenting.
    Apr 11, 2015. 07:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    somedata,

Actually, I would like to thank Sen Waxman for causing a panic in the shares of GILD which allowed me to enter in at $73. I have enjoyed the ride.
    Apr 10, 2015. 09:49 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Even,

Very well aid.
    Apr 10, 2015. 09:48 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Cora,

GILD will now enter the same league as the stable, slower growth pharma companies such as PFE, and LLY. Many purchase shares in these companies for the dividend and would welcome a faster growing company. Fund managers look at categories and need to put money to work in certain buckets. For those with a mandate to own dividend paying firms, GILD is off the list. Once the dividend commences, funds will be diverted into GILD especially for those looking for high growth health care plays. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Apr 10, 2015. 09:47 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    zaphod,

Bingo and physicians know this, its the payers who are trying to make the extra pill burden a trivial matter. Its not.
    Apr 10, 2015. 09:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    user,

Thanks for sharing.
    Apr 10, 2015. 09:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Vince,

I suspect your comment about managements reluctance to raise guidance may be proven correct. As DTM eloquently stated below, GILD MO remains to under promise and over deliver, an increase in revenue guidance would help boost the shares. If I had to bet, I would say after the second quarter earnings read would be the opportune time for management to raise the revenue guidance. Keep in mind, keeping the share price in a tight range works in management's advantage as the share repurchase activity will accumulate additional shares. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Apr 10, 2015. 09:40 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Gold,

Your comment is an excellent primer on what I would term "managing your position". Very well done sir. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Apr 10, 2015. 09:34 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Apres,

GILD over the past six months has been a premium sellers best friend. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Apr 10, 2015. 09:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    vandy,

I prefer to sell put spreads on days when the shares are down heavy such as the early Christmas gift we received from ESRX last December. This way you receive the credit up front while not missing out of the shares happen to take off. Your maximum loss is predefined as well which helps me sleep well at night. Thanks again for reading and commenting.
    Apr 10, 2015. 09:30 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    rich,

Actually I have used the tight range to sell some calls and generate some option premium. I recently closed the May 90/85 put spread at a very handsome profit. GILD can stay in this tight range for the rest of the year and I would continue to smile. And just think starting in May we will collect a dividend to boot. Thanks as always for reading and commenting.
    Apr 10, 2015. 09:28 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Dothemath,

I am interested on management expectations concerning foreign RX's for the HCV franchise. Europe and Japan offer additional lucrative markets outside the US although the US is the largest prize of all. Thanks again for reading and commenting.
    Apr 10, 2015. 09:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Doc,

The retaking of the 50 day is indeed positive. I strongly suspect the next move up comes from new clinical products. Look at the move we recently discussed concerning BIIB. The stock took off on the premise of a viable Alzheimers med in a few years! Any movement concerning NASH or HBV would certainly help push the shares higher. Thanks again for the BIIB article and for taking the time to read and comment.
    Apr 10, 2015. 09:22 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Alessandro,

The market is quite large it just how many will be treated this year versus next year. As for GILD the next leg up comes from a breakthrough in the labs. Until the frustration continues. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Apr 10, 2015. 09:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Illustrating Why Visa Remains One Of My Top 5 Holdings [View article]
    rosenose,

I would be leery of SBUX at current levels, the restaurant companies outside of MCD are very expensive now. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Apr 10, 2015. 09:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment