Alexander J. Poulos

View Alexander J. Poulos' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Updating My Investment Thesis On McDonald's [View article]
    Hawk,

I am amazed how every time the share price approaches $100 a wave of selling descended on the shares.
    May 8, 2015. 04:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Updating My Investment Thesis On McDonald's [View article]
    kennedygrad,

You hit the crux of the dilemma for MCD. How do you regain your past glory with the millennial sect who have an overabundance of choices. I do not believe MCD is done, just growth challenged. Watch the millennial sect as they are the largest consumers of fast food.
    May 8, 2015. 04:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Updating My Investment Thesis On McDonald's [View article]
    rich,

Perhaps it was his attempt to create some excitement. The moves announced where rather mundane and could have been unveiled during the CC.
    May 7, 2015. 03:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Updating My Investment Thesis On McDonald's [View article]
    afer,

I suspect the CYR platform will be their attempt to do just that. The bad news is the initiative is two years away from a complete rollout.
    May 7, 2015. 03:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Updating My Investment Thesis On McDonald's [View article]
    mark,

In my case yes, however it is on the short list of candidates to dispose off to raise funds. I am off the opinion we will see turbulence in the late August early Oct time frame. I am looking to raise cash in advance to take advantage of bargains as they materialize.
    May 7, 2015. 02:37 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Updating My Investment Thesis On McDonald's [View article]
    happo,

An interesting parallel with INTC. Both needed to dismiss the CEO and replaced them with an internal candidate. INTC has come roaring back to life last year and has faltered here a bit. I was hoping to see MCD get a similar boost once they dispatched the CEO, however the rally was short lived. The buyback will definitely help pit a floor under the share price, the question becomes can we break $100?
    May 7, 2015. 02:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Updating My Investment Thesis On McDonald's [View article]
    Rich,

The announcement was a bit of a disappointment. There is no quick fix here.
    May 7, 2015. 02:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Updating My Investment Thesis On McDonald's [View article]
    FA,

They are attempting to revamp the menu however these initiatives take time. An example is the antibiotic free chicken, it takes time for the supply chain to gear up an accommodate the request.
    May 7, 2015. 02:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Updating My Investment Thesis On McDonald's [View article]
    irvlcramer,

The share price holding up is more than likely due to MCD place in the Dow and the generous dividend. The company needs to stem the decline in sales before we can see a meaningful jump in the share price. The whole restaurant sector caught fire yet MCD has lagged. I was hoping to see more of a jump in price due to the announcement of a new CEO, ye the enthusiasm seems to have worn off. Watch the $100 level,as it has acted a s stiff resistance over the past three years.
    May 7, 2015. 02:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Blood In The Water - Time To Buy BP Prudhoe Bay Royalty Trust [View article]
    Seattle,

I did make some money on the trade yet not as much if I would have held the position. I was spooked by Rex Tillerson's comments concerning oil may stay lower a lot longer than most expect.

I dumped XOM as well and switched into SBGI as detailed here. http://seekingalpha.co...

Best of luck to all!
    May 6, 2015. 11:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Illustrating Why Hershey Remains The Best Value In The Food Processing Space [View article]
    djm,

I have written about CL roughly six months ago, which can bee seen here http://seekingalpha.co....

Earning season pullbacks are a great time to catch a bargain such as HSY. I am still waiting for a good opportunity to deploy the funds from my recent GE sales. I am certain an opportunity will present itself. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    May 3, 2015. 10:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Updating My Price Target On Gilead Sciences [View article]
    Noemi,

All three you have mentioned are quite expensive at the present time. Of the three, CELG is the most appealing however it remains pricey.
    May 1, 2015. 10:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Updating My Price Target On Gilead Sciences [View article]
    Timmies,

You are very welcome.
    May 1, 2015. 10:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Updating My Price Target On Gilead Sciences [View article]
    Vince,

a $94 price target is simply ridiculous. It is almost as bad as Credit Suisse $125 call on IBM. They will eventually be forced to re-rate the shares higher. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    May 1, 2015. 06:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment