Alexander J. Poulos

View Alexander J. Poulos' Comments BY TICKER:
  • An Update On General Electric [View article]
    Felix,

If the risk reward is favorable, why not.
    Jul 9, 2015. 09:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Update On General Electric [View article]
    doc47,

You maybe correct. I am watching the vents unfold for GE. A tradeable opportunity may arise once again. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Jul 9, 2015. 09:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Long Kraft As The Heinz Merger Radically Transforms The Company [View article]
    To all,

I reinvested the dividend in KHC at 73 and 73.11 respectively. I hold shares in two separate accounts and KHC is now my 6th largest holding. Let's see how the story unfolds.
    Jul 7, 2015. 11:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I just got off the phone with my broker (Schwab). My account does reflect the merger with the new shares, however the cash received will not be reinvested. I will need to complete the transaction myself.
    Jul 7, 2015. 08:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Mike,

I have a feeling the amount will be reinvested tomorrow. The reason behind this is the money wasn't sent out until today and most brokers will reinvest at the open the next day. I will update the post tomorrow to reflect my experience.
    Jul 6, 2015. 05:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Sold Out Of Exxon Mobil [View article]
    Perhaps, Rex knows a bit about the future path of crude oil. XOM carves out a new low over the past few trading sessions as crude continues to sink.

WTI crude oil settled at a three-month low $52.53/bbl, -7.7%, on a confluence of worries about the Greece debt drama, China’s stock markets and a new flood of Iranian oil; Brent crude fell to $56.50, -6.3%, to snap its 100-day MA. WTI has dropped 10% over three straight sessions and Brent more than 7% lower in two consecutive days, breaking out of the narrow trading band of the past three months and risking a deeper slide ahead.The energy sector (XLE -1.3%) is easily the worst performing equity group today: CLR -7.4%, NOG -7.8%, OAS -8.5%, DNR -6.7%, WLL -6%.Oil supermajors also are sharply lower: XOM -1%, COP -2.8%, CVX -1.1%, BP -3.3%, TOT -3%.
    Jul 6, 2015. 05:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    billinsd,

The new dividend is 55 cents per share for shareholders on record as of July 22. The dividend will be paid on July 31st. As for the special dividend, it should be paid upon the closing of the deal which is July 2nd. My brokerage house has not updated my account to reflect the payment nor the new shares yet. I suspect the update will post tomorrow. Using KHC closing price (the new entities symbol) of $73 and adding the dividend of $16.50 nets you a price of $89.50. The shares continue to perform well since I highlighted them a month ago.
    Jul 6, 2015. 04:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Updating My Bullish Thesis On Deere [View article]
    Lets see if the rally continues.

Signs are pointing to a sustained crop price rally, Deutsche Bank analysts say as they maintain their Buy rating and $106 price target on Deere (DE -0.8%).Recent crop price momentum is not only a positive for equipment sales, but should also be sustainable, the analysts say, as more wet weather suggests downside risk to yields and supplies of the 2015-16 crop and could help sustain price momentum.Given DE's high correlation to corn prices, strong cost management during the downturn and strong capital return program, Deutsche Bank expects the stock to outperform throughout the growing season.
    Jul 6, 2015. 02:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    poortorich,

I agree with your thesis. I believe KRFT will not only grow, it should outpace the industries return over the course of the rest of the decade. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Jul 6, 2015. 08:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Replacing Colgate-Palmolive With Comcast. [View article]
    muscle,

Agreed, CMCSA is still attractively priced at a new all-time high.
    Jul 2, 2015. 06:56 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Replacing Colgate-Palmolive With Comcast. [View article]
    horowitz,

Thank you, I am impressed with the collection of assets and the future growth potential. V is a top five holding as well, I remain very bullish on them for the long run.
    Jul 2, 2015. 06:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Replacing Colgate-Palmolive With Comcast. [View article]
    rich,

I prefer the food space with KRFT and HSY in the consumer staples sector. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Jul 2, 2015. 06:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Replacing Colgate-Palmolive With Comcast. [View article]
    BuyandHold,

I appreciate the comment. I view CMCSA as the superior choice going forward. Thanks as always for reading and commenting.
    Jul 2, 2015. 03:52 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Replacing Colgate-Palmolive With Comcast. [View article]
    poortorich,

The best part about CMCSA is how the grew even during the recessionary period of 2008-2009. CMCSA is truly hated, yet offers a wider moat than DIS. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Jul 2, 2015. 02:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Sell Colgate-Palmolive [View article]
    Part two can be seen here http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jul 2, 2015. 01:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment