Alexander J. Poulos

View Alexander J. Poulos' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Illustrating Why Visa Remains One Of My Top 5 Holdings [View article]
    Chuck,

You are very welcome. The European banks have a put provision where they can "put" the V Europe network back to V. Obviously the network is quite valuable and a price will need to be worked out. I suspect a deal will get done, as to when is anyone's guess. 5 year gross revenues is my extrapolating out low double digit growth rate for the next five years. As for the lawsuits, they are real yet a lesser threat than before. V has already settled with the vast majority of retailers and the Feds have already rule don debit charges. What WMT is attempting to do is carve out a better rate for themselves. V is in quite an enviable position, the largest threat to the business is a security breach a fact not lost on management. Thank you for reading and taking the time to comment.
    Apr 10, 2015. 09:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Illustrating Why Visa Remains One Of My Top 5 Holdings [View article]
    Mike,

You will have an opportunity once again as long as your are patient. Thanks as always for reading and commenting.
    Apr 10, 2015. 08:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Illustrating Why Visa Remains One Of My Top 5 Holdings [View article]
    Rich,

Thank you, I very much appreciate it. When I decided to make V my largest holding, I was looking many years down the road. eventually cash will be a thing of the past and all transactions will be done over a payment system. I wanted to own the largest one and concluded V was the way to go. Subsequently, revenue continued to grow at a double digit clip which led to its inclusion in the Dow 30. Hopefully, the market will continue to validate my thesis. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Apr 10, 2015. 08:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Illustrating Why Visa Remains One Of My Top 5 Holdings [View article]
    Brazo,

Sorry, I can't offer individual advice. As for myself, I am a big fan of V. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Apr 10, 2015. 08:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Portfolio Changes For The First Quarter Of 2015 [View article]
    Toronto Gal,

Thank you and welcome. If I had to categorize myself it would be total overall returns. I tend to shoot for 10-15% compounded over a 5 year period. A portion of the gains may come from dividends yet it is not a requirement. If you eliminate non payers you can miss out on some fine companies.
    Apr 10, 2015. 08:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Illustrating Why Visa Remains One Of My Top 5 Holdings [View article]
    infinite,

Forex rates will constitute a bit of a headwind, they do tend to even out over the long term. Revenue and earnings growth should still register double digit rates going forward. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Apr 9, 2015. 09:10 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Illustrating Why Visa Remains One Of My Top 5 Holdings [View article]
    TR,

The ride is far from over. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Apr 9, 2015. 08:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Illustrating Why Visa Remains One Of My Top 5 Holdings [View article]
    bahamas,

Its really interesting to watch V growth over the past few years. V incredibly seems to fly under the radar while other older tech names with shall we say less favorable prospects generate extensive coverage. I continue to simply allow the dividend to reinvest and compound. Thanks as always for reading and taking the time to comment.
    Apr 9, 2015. 08:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Illustrating Why Visa Remains One Of My Top 5 Holdings [View article]
    Djm,

Thank you, the bullish story that is V continues.
    Apr 9, 2015. 07:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Illustrating Why Visa Remains One Of My Top 5 Holdings [View article]
    To all,

Here is a link to the corrected table.

Apr 9, 2015. 06:22 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Illustrating Why Visa Remains One Of My Top 5 Holdings [View article]
    zaphod,

Yikes, SA posted the wrong companies slide. i will email then now to have this corrected.
    Apr 9, 2015. 06:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Biogen A Buy? An Analysis Of Its Growth Drivers And Challenges [View article]
    Doc,

an excellent article as always. BIIB is a bit more speculative here than GILD or AMGN yet a worthwhile gamble in my opinion. A viable treatment for AH is a $10 Billion dollar per year franchise with an aging population tailwind firmly at its back. I am long the shares, it will be interesting to see how the story plays out.
    Apr 9, 2015. 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Revisiting My Decision To Sell Phillip Morris International [View article]
    Joni,

You are very welcome. A bit more patience on my part would have nabbed an entry about 5% lower. I prefer being a tad early then late as the gains made will offset the temporary loss. FAST should do quite well here especially if manufacturing gains traction.
    Apr 6, 2015. 04:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Revisiting My Decision To Sell Phillip Morris International [View article]
    MM,

PM looks much better in the out years when the forex effects are reversed. PM ability to retake share from Mighty is a positive however for the short term its all about forex. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Apr 6, 2015. 04:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment