Alexander J. Poulos

View Alexander J. Poulos' Comments BY TICKER:
    ol blue eyes,

We haven't hit that point yet as we can see from the goals set by management. Just to segue slightly look at net adds by T in the recent quarter. The mobile telephony market is certainly saturated, yet they are still able to grow net new additions. I suspect it will be quite a ways in the future before we get to no net new customers.
    May 20 10:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Ol Blue Eyes,

Fair enough point. I term it a "speculation" for the reasons described to Wall Street Playbooks. That being said, it is a solid business that should appreciate in the coming years. Thanks for reading and adding to the conversation.
    May 20 10:37 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Stop The Madness And Just Buy It [View article]
    Stephan,

A very well written article. Thank you for the link, I actually hope I am proven "wrong" and your price target comes in this year instead. I can certainly live with "mistakes" such as these.
    May 20 08:22 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    To the audience,

Would SIRI be better off doing a reverse split, which would raise the stock price above speculative area. Would say a 5:1 reverse which would bring the shares above $15 reduce some of the overhand involved in owning the shares?
    May 20 07:16 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    upset the setup,

While I agree that SIRI is worth at least $4 right now, it just proves the market is anything but efficient. You will get these price anomalies (ie gifts) on great companies for various minor reasons. GILD recent sell-off to $65 and quick snap back above $82 is a great example of this. I look to take advantage of these "gifts", hopefully SIRI proves to be just that. An early Christmas present from Mr. Market. Take a look at the timing on this one, http://seekingalpha.co... it was almost exactly spot on. Thanks again for reading and commenting.
    May 20 07:14 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    sirifair6,

Well said. My attraction to SIRI was further peaked after seeing the share price drop significantly below the proposed offer from LMCA. With the company announcing their intent on repurchasing a large amount of shares and for the stock to trade down is a true gift. This is similar to Warren Buffet's hope of what would transpire with IBM when he initiated his original position. Mr Buffet mentioned he hoped the shares would languish for a significant period of time to allow the share repurchase to significantly reduce the share count. I decided to take advantage of the opportunity with a buy in price of roughly $3.23. Lets see where the shares are in 12 months time.
    May 19 10:52 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    shine7on,

Any acquisition would have to be approved by LMCA as they control over 50% of SIRI shares. I don't see LMCA allowing an acquisition to go through this year. Instead, I suspect they will allow SIRI to use their internally generated cash flow to further reduce the float which will raise LMCA controlling stake even higher. They could theoretically take the company private in this manner by using SIRI cash flow to buy out the minority shareholders such as myself. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    May 19 10:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Stephen,

If done properly, the DTV share reduction/share price appreciation model is very applicable to SIRI. The value will be generated over time, not in 6 months. Thanks for adding a well thought out comment to the conversation. You get author's pick.
    May 19 07:47 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    sirifair6,

I would like to add to your comment from a slightly different perspective. Irrespective of what type of product it is, you will never get to a 100% adoption rate. SIRI guidance calls for 1.25 million additional subscribers in 2014 which seems like a reasonable goal. As long as the subscriber growth continues on an upward trajectory and the excess cash reduces the shares outstanding the shares will surely follow. Lets hope the ride up is smooth and uneventful.
    May 19 07:04 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Pek,

I believe your bullishness is warranted. Lets hope the shares respond sooner rather than later. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    May 19 06:35 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    longslim,

The value in SIRI will revolve around how they spend the cash they generate. If they aggressively reduce their float, the share price will be forced to move higher as revenue and profitability continue to trend higher. It will be interesting to see the story play out. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    May 19 06:34 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    headybaldguy,

Thank you, I try to be as factual and precise as possible. I use multiple sources for relevant material, which tend to cut down on factual errors. Lets hope my bullish stance is warranted.
    May 19 06:32 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    WSP,

Thanks again.
    May 19 05:38 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    yomono,

Thank you.
    May 19 05:20 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    WSP,

I provided a link to the details of the proposed deal. You are correct, thanks for pointing this out. Gross margin figure was taken from a Reuters report issued on the company. Feel free to review it, Reuters tends to be quite data rich in their reports.

My term speculation comes from the fact that SIRI is beginning to exhibit the signs of what I look for in a company as described in the first paragraph. I term it a speculation due to the lack of an established track record. I suspect they will use their future cash flow to aggressively repurchase shares in a similar manner to what DTV has done. Hope this clears up the confusion and I would like to thank you for taking the time out to read and comment on my article.
    May 19 05:19 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment