Alexander J. Poulos

View Alexander J. Poulos' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Re-Examining My Bullish Thesis On Hershey [View article]
    Kathy,

Thanks for the link and the kind words. A price in the 85-90 range would be an excellent entry in my opinion.
    Jun 29, 2015. 08:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Profit From The Biotech Craze: Long Gilead Sciences And Short Taro [View article]
    Simon,

Be careful with the Greece prediction, there is a TON of showmanship going on here. I suspect a last minute "stay of execution" will be granted, as Syriza has threatened a national referendum. The last thing the EU wants is a failed state within its borders. My outside the box bet is the market will actually rally sharply in July, before a swoon in the August-October time frame. We should know more on Tuesday, thank you again for reading and commenting.
    Jun 28, 2015. 07:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Re-Examining My Bullish Thesis On Hershey [View article]
    Qniform,

HSY is an easy 10%+ compounded over the course of the rest of the decade with dividends invested. Very simple and predictable business model where the company grows its revenue at a mid single digit clip. The top in the shares was over $111 hit in January. I suspect the management team will fix the issues in China that weighed heavily on earnings. I would not be at all surprised if we surpass $111 by the end of next year. There is not a lot of risk here for some significant upside.

As for the multiple, HSY always trades at an above market multiple due to the predictive nature of the business. The premium has shrunk significantly here, making it in my view attractive. As always, thanks for reading and commenting.
    Jun 26, 2015. 09:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Re-Examining My Bullish Thesis On Hershey [View article]
    Steve,

Keep up the good work!! An excellent way to fatten the bottom line. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Jun 26, 2015. 08:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    209773671.

The two largest holdings are APPL and V.
    Jun 25, 2015. 09:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Alpha and Ian,

The generic industry currently is consolidating which has allowed the various players to hand down price hikes. Lets look at Actavis (ACT) one of the best in the industry. The bulk of their growth is coming from branded pharmaceutical products as they look to de-emphasize the generic end. Watch this management team, they are quite savvy. I was visited today incidentally, by the Mylan rep pushing Epipen their branded epinepherine injection. MYL reaps huge margins from this product hence their willingness to hire reps to push it.
    Jun 25, 2015. 09:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Illustrating My Fair Value On The Walt Disney Company [View article]
    tercero,

You are a value investor in disguise! I missed my opportunity to snag DIS in 2010 when the theme park business was in the doldrums. You can't win them all. I continue to monitor them for an attractive entry point. Thank you for reading and contributing to the forum.
    Jun 25, 2015. 09:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    SRB,

The comment concerning MRK revolves around the uncertainty into the timing of their arrival into the market. To further complicate matters, we are not sure of their pricing strategy. I remain bullish on the shares of GILD while continuing to monitor the situation closely.
    Jun 24, 2015. 10:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    bj,

As long as rates stay low the money will continue to flow into the biotech space.
    Jun 24, 2015. 09:42 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Timmies,

GILD moat is the patent they hold in the HCV and HIV space coupled with the stellar management team. There is additional risk involved with the next wave of innovation as opposed to say Visa. The GILD position needs constant monitoring, although the cash flow is quite compelling. As always thanks for reading and commenting.
    Jun 24, 2015. 09:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Richard,

Thank you, I appreciate it.
    Jun 24, 2015. 07:56 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    catbird,

Very well said, I agree. Thanks for reading and adding to the conversation.
    Jun 24, 2015. 07:56 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    UI,

I addressed your points in a broader sense. In the dermo field, my company uses Teva and Fougera almost exclusively due to more favorable contract pricing. Different companies will use certain generic houses depending in the terms provided from their wholesalers. Let me be clear, there is no barrier to entry here. Feel free to confirm my comments by asking various practitioners in the field. I am confident they will echo my thesis. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Jun 24, 2015. 07:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    WSD,

I am actually a pharmacist although mobile rave DJ in Miami sounds more interesting. Thanks for the laugh.
    Jun 24, 2015. 07:37 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    somedata,

I sure would like to see it.
    Jun 24, 2015. 07:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment