Alexander J. Poulos

View Alexander J. Poulos' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Dispelling Some Of The Myths Surrounding Gilead Sciences [View article]
    rogro77,

Since you believe I am a "pumper" give the audience the courtesy of dispelling my thesis above. Use facts to prove your case, the floor is now yours.
    Nov 18, 2014. 09:14 AM | 17 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • McDonald's: Business Model, Valuation And Minimum Wage Legislation [View article]
    Tom,

An absolutely ridiculous comment. There is nothing wrong with earning some money while being a student. Furthermore the job skills learned, some examples include following a schedule, having to deal with a boss, being punctual, not getting your way aren't skills that are taught in school. I greatly respect your work, yet the last comment makes me shake my head.
    Feb 26, 2014. 08:11 PM | 17 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BP's Mega-Billions In Oil Spill Payouts And Accounting Charges Are Back On [View article]
    I hope BP does appeal to the Supreme Court and I for one would welcome their decision. If the Supreme Court feels it is necessary for the company to pay fictitious claims then the whole legal system needs to be scrapped. I suspect they won't, however I will be anxiously awaiting a decision.
    Mar 4, 2014. 07:38 AM | 14 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Commentary On Gilead Sciences' Recent Plunge [View article]
    Indydoc1,

An excellent observation concerning ABBV. I analyzed ABBV shares a few months back and came away unimpressed. They are facing a biosimilar assault from AMGN on Humira their number one selling compound. They desperately need the Hep C franchise to fill the void yet with today's move this will not happen. They have an inferior product that they had to aggressively discount to gain share. just wait until we get real world clinical failures to boot. Today should have been their shinning moment on the sun instead they were down, quite telling. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Dec 22, 2014. 06:10 PM | 13 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Commentary On Gilead Sciences' Recent Plunge [View article]
    Doc,

I felt the need to rapidly address today's events as it reeks of capitulation. Notice how the rest of biotech sold off aggressively as well today in sympathy with GILD. I suspect ABBV decisions to aggressively discount Viekira pack will make them the pariah of the industry. As always, thanks for reading and commenting.
    Dec 22, 2014. 06:38 PM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Commentary On Gilead Sciences' Recent Plunge [View article]
    Dwight,

A firmly agree. If you objectively look through ESI bluster, the article clearly states they will cover the med for those with fibriotic disease and those with type 2. The med is not excluded from the formulary, its just not ESI preferred product because they didn't get a big enough kickback.

Here is the logic I am using, lets say someone has been diagnosed with this disease. The person will naturally say to his doc, give me the best treatment you have" not give me an inferior treatment that saves my insurance carrier a bundle of money. Those who are afflicted if they are vocal enough will cause ESI to buckle and cover Sovaldi. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Dec 22, 2014. 06:04 PM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Most Deceptive And Dangerous Financial Headline I Have Ever Seen [View article]
    I also have to thank James for all his dire articles. I have been aggressively purchasing since August and have done well because of it.

I don't believe that James is a perma bear just very early. The issues that he points out are very real and dire. I believe that they will be resolved but will require pain. The rally that we are in is just a temporary liquidity induced rally that will run out of steam once the stimulus runs out.

I figure sometime in Late April early May will be when suddenly bad news from Europe or China begins to be taken more seriously by market players. For now enjoy the ride.
    Apr 2, 2012. 10:07 AM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Verizon Currently On The Clearance Rack, Time To Buy [View article]
    Neurology,

I sold T in the summer to add CTSH at what wound up to be a very attractive price. T in my view is second best with a caveat. They have the better credit rating due to the enormous debt VZ took on to acquire VZ wireless stake they didn't own. If both of the companies decide to slow capex a bit and earmark the shares for other purposes the shares could really take off. In VZ case it should be debt reduction and in T case a share reduction plan.

The final selling point here is VZ has a slightly better network and reputation. The FIOS division is top notch and should continue to grow over the next few years. Income is not a factor for me so I choose VZ however if income is tantamount then the better choice would be T. Hope the explanation helps and as always thanks for reading and commenting.
    Dec 23, 2014. 07:28 PM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Commentary On Gilead Sciences' Recent Plunge [View article]
    bgg,

My other biotech holdings got hit as well today, I suspect it was an excuse to take profits. The end of the year tends to get exaggerated moves in either direction, I suspect the move down today in GILD was very overdone. GILD traded over 70 million shares today it's highest volume move of the year. If you look at a one year chart, major volume moves have marked a tradeable bottom in the shares. It will be interesting to see how the shares react tomorrow. If I wanted to add exposure I would buy here and put the shares away. If the company new compounds perform as I expect, the potential to enter in at a couple of dollars less will seem trivial. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Dec 22, 2014. 05:48 PM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Much Does Coca-Cola's Compensation Dilute Shareholders? [View article]
    Tim,

I for one, welcome the challenge to management. The shares have failed to keep pace with the S&P 500 over the past couple of years and now managemnt wants further rewards for a job well done. The following line from your article sums it up best "Either way, it works out to a compensation package of $2.9 million per employee receiving the stock grants (of course, the shares don't have an even distribution).

So the employee's will be getting roughly $3 million for underperforming. I would have far less of a problem with this if the companies growth rate was closer to 10% with a clear answer to the challenges that they face in the North American market. I will continue to moniter the situation and may decide to depart. Thanks for the article.
    Mar 25, 2014. 02:04 PM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Updating My Price Target On Gilead Sciences [View article]
    0xfc,

Just be careful here, as bullish as I am on GILD it is seldom wise to be all in on any one particular company. With the above disclaimer in mind, the next couple of quarters should prove to be quite interesting. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Oct 13, 2014. 10:50 AM | 10 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Commentary On Gilead Sciences' Recent Plunge [View article]
    Check,

Elaborate on your comment that GILD management team has been out maneuvered.
    Dec 22, 2014. 06:07 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T CEO Telegraphs The Bottom In The Shares [View article]
    Just Ducky,

Wow, that would be a bargain indeed. The yield would be 6.5% at that rate. I doubt we will see it however if it does get there I will double my holding. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Mar 12, 2014. 02:18 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Commentary On Gilead Sciences' Recent Plunge [View article]
    Nate,

I prefer option number 3 as a very vocal patient populace can force change. Get a couple of congressmen involved and ESRX will be forced to cover. They will cover the med currently sort of a stealth mode if you read between the lines a bit. I suspect the clinical rx sales will bear this fact over the next few weeks. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Dec 22, 2014. 07:29 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What I Am Doing With My AT&T/DirecTV Shares [View article]
    peapaw,

The DTV purchase will enhance future dividend payouts, which speaks very well of T view of their dividend. I believe it is safe to say, T holds the dividend as sacred and will continue to take any steps necessary to protect and grow the payout. This policy makes T, a suitable bond substitute which is the reason why I hold it in my portfolio. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    May 27, 2014. 09:04 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment