Alexander J. Poulos

View Alexander J. Poulos' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Illustrating My Fair Value On The Walt Disney Company [View article]
    Chancer,

Take a look at a one year chart of DIS. In the early Oct 2014 time frame, the shares sold off along with the market as a whole. My goal is to watch for an attractive entry point as this will allow for outsized gains. The shares have traded in the $105-$111 range for the past couple of months. Lets see how it plays out.

As for the Lego question, my research doesn't yield any specific comments. The FOX spat over the release of a new Fantastic Four movie this year against DIS wishes is something to watch. Fox owns the movie rights so if we notice, DIS refuses (rightfully so) to promote the popular group. Universal studios owned by CMCSA is another competitive threat that has multiple rides based on Marvel characters. From what I have read CMCSA plans on redoing some. It will be interesting to watch DIS attempt to regain power over the rich IP content that is Marvel. Keep in mind Sony still has the rights for a few more Spider-man movies easily one of Marvel's most popular characters.
    Jun 16, 2015. 02:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Illustrating Why Hershey Remains The Best Value In The Food Processing Space [View article]
    ranman,

You are very welcome.
    Jun 13, 2015. 07:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Citigroup Breaks Out To New Highs [View article]
    Edi,

I can't get excited over BAC. Just when you think they have turned a corner, a new surprise emerges. I prefer C, the story is much cleaner and the value is more compelling. Enjoy the gain on your options.
    Jun 13, 2015. 06:20 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Long Kraft As The Heinz Merger Radically Transforms The Company [View article]
    AS,

The beauty of the deal is not where KRFT is now, it is where it is going. You are stating the shares are overvalued, I am saying they are undervalued. Let's check back in a year and see where the shares stand. I am fairly certain they will be higher than the current quote.

I don't appreciate the personal attack, if you feel I am way out of line post your own article detailing why you believe it is foolish for 3G to undertake this venture. Keep in mind, we have probably one of the best managerial teams around with a fantastic track record versus an unknown character who hides behind an assumed moniker. Make sure you put your name on, it adds to the conviction.
    Jun 13, 2015. 01:06 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dollar General Morphs Into The Next Great Dividend Growth Play [View article]
    Eric,

Thanks for stopping by. The credit profile is adequate and will only come into play when interest rates back up substantially. Until then, having debt on the balance sheet remains prudent. DG is poised to become a DGI dream akin to what TGT did once they began to raise the dividend. I expect double digit hikes for the rest of the decade.
    Jun 12, 2015. 01:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Exiting My Position In General Electric [View article]
    To all,

i am sorry for the tardy posting. The GE position has been replaced with DG as detailed here. http://seekingalpha.co...

My favorite pick for 2016 is KRFT as detailed here. http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jun 12, 2015. 12:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Expanding Further On Gilead Sciences [View article]
    bob,

You are very welcome. The shares have too much momentum here, perhaps after the next earnings report maybe an ample time for call writing. Until then enjoy the ride and the soon to be paid out dividend. I am taking the wife out to dinner to celebrate!!! Go GILD!!!
    Jun 11, 2015. 09:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Citigroup Breaks Out To New Highs [View article]
    getjdb,

The overall portfolio is described in my newsletter. I offer real time updates on all moves made. YTD the portfolio is up 7.40 versus the S&P at 3.08 and Russel at 5.6, since inception (1/2012) the portfolio is up 16.59 vs S&P at 17.06 and Russell at 16.11. A large part of this years out performance is due to the top ten holdings performing better than the overall market. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Jun 10, 2015. 09:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Citigroup Breaks Out To New Highs [View article]
    lajns,

Thank you, C closed at a 52 week high today. Lets see if it can keep the momentum going.
    Jun 10, 2015. 08:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Citigroup Breaks Out To New Highs [View article]
    emerald,

Yes, C has fallen quite hard from the all the bad loans of the later part of the last decade.
    Jun 10, 2015. 06:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Hertz Could Benefit From Raising Prices [View article]
    The move higher begins when we finally get a clean set of financials to analyze. Until then, we remain in limbo.
    Jun 10, 2015. 05:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Citigroup Breaks Out To New Highs [View article]
    mo,

Thank you.
    Jun 10, 2015. 05:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Citigroup Breaks Out To New Highs [View article]
    Apla,

Yes, as long as the economy grows and demand for credit holds up, C has ample room for more growth. The NIM growth is very helpful as well.
    Jun 10, 2015. 05:48 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dollar General Morphs Into The Next Great Dividend Growth Play [View article]
    DG just hit a new high for the year today. Not bad for a boring retail play.
    Jun 10, 2015. 05:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Citigroup Breaks Out To New Highs [View article]
    TG,

Number 6 is recent addition KRFT which I am super bullish on for next year. Feel free to review http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jun 10, 2015. 04:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment