Alexander Maxwell

View Alexander Maxwell's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Vringo: Next Steps After A Disappointing Decision Versus Google [View article]
    Thanks for the link, very interesting.
    Aug 21 01:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Dendreon: Is The End Near? [View article]
    Enersavr, you echo my sentiments on the company. There is underlying value in Provenge, but not given the current state of Dendreon.
    Aug 20 01:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the very good overview of what occurred during trial. I hope that we can get an en banc hearing because of Chen's dissent.
    Aug 19 10:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    fiscalSaint, I think that it depends a lot on who the judges are. It seems in this case that the judges did not have an intricate knowledge of patent law or they seem to be activists trying to redo the system. Either one is not preferable. You could be right as well though.
    Aug 18 02:18 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2nd Half Of 2014 Biotechnology Catalysts - Part 4 [View article]
    Really appreciate your feedback on the blog. I am not familiar with fdatracker.com but I will check it out. I intend to focus on biotech but if you take a look at my SA profile, you will notice that I also write on other sectors as well. Thanks for the input!
    Aug 18 02:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2nd Half Of 2014 Biotechnology Catalysts - Part 4 [View article]
    I believe that I already included OREX in a previous article, which is why I didn't include it again. I am a big fan of OREX. I feel as though it could be the best weight loss solution of the three. If you are curious as to an analysis between the three different weight loss drugs, please check out my blog: http://bit.ly/1BtCHkU

I compared the drugs, and will be curious about your thoughts and also on how to optimize the blog. It desperately needs some work on the backend.
    Aug 18 10:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Cliff-Fiscal, thanks for the article. Very interesting, I guess that will allow for treble damages for willful infringement.
    Aug 18 09:26 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2nd Half Of 2014 Biotechnology Catalysts - Part 4 [View article]
    Also Small Pharma Analyst, thanks for the very well written article on PTCT! I will definitely have to check the stock out.
    Aug 17 10:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2nd Half Of 2014 Biotechnology Catalysts - Part 4 [View article]
    Small Pharma Analyst, thanks for the comment. I understand the trepidation and last time I was not sure if we would see a runup, however, we saw one. It would seem as though the pattern will continue but only time will tell. I hope that PSDV is finally successful in obtaining FDA approval, but as the article says I do not have a position either way.
    Aug 17 09:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Tekmira Clinical Hold Lifted [View article]
    Which options do you particularly like? I was looking at the March 2015 20s, but am not sure that I like them at the current price.
    Aug 17 09:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree Patent Plays, well said and thanks for commenting. I found the majority opinion to be very concerning to say the least!
    Aug 17 02:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Tekmira Clinical Hold Lifted [View article]
    Well said. I agree with you that the longterm potential appears to be bright. Ebola is not going to be the company's only drug, and as I detailed in my previous article the future at TKMR is bright given the company's diverse pipeline.
    Aug 17 01:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for the questions, and they are all great questions. I do believe that they have enough cash to pursue future litigation. Remember that Vringo also has litigation in Europe versus ZTE that looks very promising, along with various other lawsuits filed in the US. I would say that if the en banc doesn't work investor focus will shift towards ZTE. The next big catalyst for ZTE would be a settlement, or a potential trial. It is also possible that VRNG will initiate litigation with the patents acquired as part of the Microsoft settlement. They could be a takeover candidate. However, at this price it would have to be a high offer for shareholders to consider this deal as I believe at these prices the ZTE litigation alone makes the company substantially undervalued.
    Aug 17 12:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    But why would Google want to? It appears unlikely that Vringo will get an en banc hearing and if they do, Vringo still might not win. The problem is that Vringo has already settled with Microsoft (presumably that is who Google would use the patents against), so there is no incentive for Google to buy the patents in question.
    Aug 17 11:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    A little but the decision was intended as nonprecidental, so I am not sure about the applicability of the decision to other cases. Still Vringo does have a long shot left in getting an en banc hearing.
    Aug 17 11:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment