Alexander Maxwell

View Alexander Maxwell's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 2nd Half Of 2014 Biotechnology Catalysts: Part 5 [View article]
    You are right Small Pharma Analyst, I typically expect a similar phenomenon regarding NDA approvals.
    Dec 23, 2014. 10:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AbbVie Competes On Price [View article]
    I think that you had this article published twice, there is this link and then: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Dec 23, 2014. 11:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Vringo Wins In The U.K. [View article]
    They of course have the right to appeal, but as with the US it is not that likely to see a court ruling overturned. The point is that this increases the stakes for ZTE, making them more likely to come to the table.
    Nov 30, 2014. 04:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Vringo Wins In The U.K. [View article]
    Hi vito,
    After a very preliminary reading I would assume that the revenues received as a breach of NDA are not subject to the royalty requirement. Therefore, it is my belief that Vringo would be able to keep all of the proceeds from the NDA breach and not have to share them with Nokia. I am sure, however, that Nokia would probably see the issue differently.
    Nov 30, 2014. 02:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Vringo Wins In The U.K. [View article]
    Thanks for your response. I completely agree with everything that you have mentioned.
    Nov 30, 2014. 08:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Dendreon Bankruptcy [View article]
    Dendreon is being delisted to an over the counter exchange as it has declared bankruptcy. The shares will become less liquid and worth even less (they are likely going to be wiped out during bankruptcy). I hope that this explanation helps.
    Nov 20, 2014. 12:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SA Contributor Community: End Of Summer Update [View article]
    Maybe you should open the business school competition up a little bit. For example have a platform where any business school students from a university can sign up. Otherwise, fantastic job on the initiatives.
    Sep 22, 2014. 02:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IPO Premium: rEVO Biologics [View article]
    Thanks for the update. As a RTA follower I have always enjoyed your work!
    Sep 17, 2014. 01:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Orexigen: Poised To Grab A Large Part Of The Weight Loss Market [View article]
    The issue with saying that Contrave or Qsymia can be mimicked by existing generics is that no doctor would take the risk. If the doctor prescribes the wrong mix off label for weight loss, there could be lawsuits out the wazoo. Any doctor would take the safer route and just prescribe Qsymia or Contrave. As we have already talked about, one of the components of Contrave triggered the blackbox warning, and if you look the FDA mandated additional studies for all of the approved weight loss supplements. And your 12% weight loss claim for Arena is based on nothing but speculation at this point. It will be interesting to see if they are able to get a combination drug approved. However, the addition of phen should hurt the side-effects profile, so you conveniently overlooked the fact that now Arena will not have a "low side effects profile". Should the combination work, the FDA will have to do an analysis on phen and will probably force the hand of Arena into even more post approval studies. However, it will be interesting to see what happens regarding the combination. In the meantime lets not speculate about 12% weight loss unless you have facts to back it up, and since they have not yet released the results according to your post, there cannot be facts to back up your claim yet.
    Sep 15, 2014. 10:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2nd Half Of 2014 Biotechnology Catalysts - Part 4 [View article]
    Hi sarmcb,
    I am glad that you are finding my articles to be helpful. You can click on my profile at the top of this article. That will take you to my 'profile' screen. You will then see on a bar on the left hand side of the screen, all articles. Click that to see all of the articles that I have written. Also, make sure to follow me to receive updates for when I come out with new articles! For your convenience I have attached parts 3,2 and one at the end of this comment.

Part 3:
    Part 2:
    Part 1:

And then here is the article that I wrote for the first half of 2014
    Sep 13, 2014. 10:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vringo: Next Steps After A Disappointing Decision Versus Google [View article]
    If I recall correctly someone in Vringo's upper level management came from Nokia.
    Sep 12, 2014. 05:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I don't think that you adequately characterized how much this trial is going to cost. While it is a cash burn. The cardiovascular studies asked for are just like the other approved drugs on the market. Don't forget that upon FDA approval Orexigen gets a milestone payment, and will also be splitting the costs of the studies with Takeda. Under the agreement Orexigen pays the first 60 million and then splits with Takeda. Regarding the suicidal thoughts, it is just a component of Orexigen's drug. All anti-depressants carry this risk, I do not believe that it will meaningfully change a doctors weighting calculus regarding which drug to prescribe. While the label does have negatives none of it was unexpected for investors.
    Sep 12, 2014. 02:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Willy, thanks for the comment. I don't think it is a big deal, while this might sound bad let me explain. The FDA mentioned it in the label, and this is just because Buprion. I don't believe that doctors will be too concerned, as the event is rather low and I believe that the cardiovascular risks of the other two drugs will outweigh in the mind of doctors. Especially given the controlled substance designation of both of the other drugs.
    Sep 12, 2014. 01:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    It was not eloquently worded but I was referring to delaying the time until Vringo must appeal to the Supreme Court.
    Sep 5, 2014. 06:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    If you are looking for a list of IP companies, also look at $WILN, $WDDD, and $VHC. Just helping add to your list.
    Sep 5, 2014. 09:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment