Alexander Maxwell

View Alexander Maxwell's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Recent Developments That Might Kill The For-Profit College Industry [View article]
    It will likely go into effect unless the courts intervene before the law can take effect. It is unclear as to how the courts will rule on the issue.
    May 13, 2015. 05:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for the fantastic insight!
    May 12, 2015. 07:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Titan Ahead Of Summer Catalyst [View article]
    I was surprised as well by the concerns surrounding the administration of the device. It seemed like a simple procedure.
    May 8, 2015. 01:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The way that I interpret it is that it could affect non profits with career oriented programs, but that for-profit schools would be the main ones affected because they will have the hardest time meeting the requirements.
    May 8, 2015. 12:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Buy Biodelivery Sciences International Ahead Of Multiple Upcoming Catalysts [View article]
    I did actually buy it at around ten and followed it to near 17 (missed the high point but oh well). I would recommend typically selling before the PDUFA date just to minimize the risk in case of an adverse FDA decision. We should see the share price continue to rise heading into the PDUFA event. Congratulations on your purchase!
    May 8, 2015. 11:04 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • American Eagle Energy - Heading Toward The End Of The Road [View article]
    Thanks for the great dialogue on here so far guys, very interested to see how American Eagle decides to play this situation!
    May 6, 2015. 07:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Eagle Energy - Heading Toward The End Of The Road [View article]
    I actually did not and still do not have a position in American Eagle. I just find it to be a very interesting company that I have followed for a while. I was pulling for American Eagle to do great things after its debt financing. Unfortunately, it seems to have fallen victim to falling oil prices. I am very interested to see how this will play out, obviously I believe that it will end up in bankruptcy court but I hope for the investors and for the employees of American Eagle that they are somehow able to dig themselves out of this hole.
    May 5, 2015. 04:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Charter Communications: What Does The Comcast Deal Falling Through Mean For Brighthouse? [View article]
    Thanks sspayson,
    I plan on revisiting the biotech sector in due time. I just have not been able to write a lot lately, but I should be able to start picking up my writing again. Glad that I was able to help make you some money, best of luck in your future investment opportunities!
    Apr 27, 2015. 05:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2nd Half Of 2014 Biotechnology Catalysts: Part 5 [View article]
    You are right Small Pharma Analyst, I typically expect a similar phenomenon regarding NDA approvals.
    Dec 23, 2014. 10:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AbbVie Competes On Price [View article]
    I think that you had this article published twice, there is this link and then: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Dec 23, 2014. 11:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Vringo Wins In The U.K. [View article]
    They of course have the right to appeal, but as with the US it is not that likely to see a court ruling overturned. The point is that this increases the stakes for ZTE, making them more likely to come to the table.
    Nov 30, 2014. 04:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Vringo Wins In The U.K. [View article]
    Hi vito,
    After a very preliminary reading I would assume that the revenues received as a breach of NDA are not subject to the royalty requirement. Therefore, it is my belief that Vringo would be able to keep all of the proceeds from the NDA breach and not have to share them with Nokia. I am sure, however, that Nokia would probably see the issue differently.
    Nov 30, 2014. 02:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Vringo Wins In The U.K. [View article]
    Thanks for your response. I completely agree with everything that you have mentioned.
    Nov 30, 2014. 08:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Dendreon Bankruptcy [View article]
    Dendreon is being delisted to an over the counter exchange as it has declared bankruptcy. The shares will become less liquid and worth even less (they are likely going to be wiped out during bankruptcy). I hope that this explanation helps.
    Nov 20, 2014. 12:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SA Contributor Community: End Of Summer Update [View article]
    Maybe you should open the business school competition up a little bit. For example have a platform where any business school students from a university can sign up. Otherwise, fantastic job on the initiatives.
    Sep 22, 2014. 02:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment