Alexander Maxwell

View Alexander Maxwell's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 2014 Biotechnology Catalysts [View article]
    I am highlighting it for informational purposes. This article is supposed to be a summary of upcoming binary events. Through this article investors gain a first glance at companies that could be affected and helps to serve as the basis for further research. My purpose of this article was not to say that I hold each of these companies because frankly I don't buy all of these companies. Also, it is nothing against EXAS, I just as a policy try to stay away from FDA panels as I believe that they are too risky. I think that in the case of EXAS it will be fine, but I have been wrong on FDA panels before.
    Feb 12 08:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2014 Biotechnology Catalysts [View article]
    Sorry I mistyped. Of course it is a medical device. However, I still believe that people should not be buying ahead of the FDA panel. Next time how about making a logical argument instead of saying that I have no idea because I mistyped? That does not dispute my conclusion in any meaningful way, nor does it dispute my reasoning to get to that conclusion. Good luck on the panel but I will not be buying...
    Feb 11 01:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2014 Biotechnology Catalysts [View article]
    A seller. In general I do not want to hold companies heading into FDA panels. While I believe that the panel should give the green light for the drug, recent FDA panels have been all over the place and have been quite hectic. In my opinion the possible downside of holding going into the panel decision very much outweigh any possible upside.
    Feb 10 10:19 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IntelGenx Technologies: A Small Cap Company With The Potential For Significant Gains [View article]
    I am glad that you could also get your views published!
    Feb 2 11:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Contributors For New York Television Appearances [View instapost]
    Have we thought of going I don't want to call it creating our own channel but allowing for our contributors to post videos arguing the different sides of stocks? Wouldn't that drive traffic to the site.
    Jan 31 04:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LPath Inc. A Small Biotechnology Company With Big Potential [View article]
    It was a FDA hold in the trial for iSONEP. This hold was caused by supplier problems and had nothing to do with the drug or with side effects. These issues were resolved but it did push back the development timeline.
    Jan 11 05:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2014 Biotechnology Catalysts [View article]
    I agree with a lot of your assessment, it will be interesting to see what the FDA does end up doing with Mannkind on April 15th. I wish you luck on your MNKD investment (I have unfortunately gotten burned by MNKD before so I am not sure that I will get involved in this go around).
    Jan 9 11:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2014 Biotechnology Catalysts [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. I am seriously considering writing the article and will probably start a rough draft in a few days once I get settled in at school for the next semester.
    Jan 9 11:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2014 Biotechnology Catalysts [View article]
    Just a general comment, I am thinking about writing an article focusing on upcoming clinical trial results as potential trading catalysts. Do readers feel as though an article like that would be helpful?
    Jan 9 09:42 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2014 Biotechnology Catalysts [View article]
    Thanks Neilneuwirth, I have actually never heard of Tonix so I will be sure to look into the company.
    Jan 9 09:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2014 Biotechnology Catalysts [View article]
    Putnam Kling, thanks for the comment. It is very interesting that you mention partnership as a catalyst. I completely agree that it is a catalyst but personally I do not see it happening before April 15th. Do you think that it is going to happen before?
    Jan 9 09:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2014 Biotechnology Catalysts [View article]
    I was going to add them in, but frankly stopped before. I will update with another article later on. I do like Durta therapeutics though.
    Jan 9 09:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2014 Biotechnology Catalysts [View article]
    Very good question, if I had to take a shot in the dark 70-80% I expect approval this time. I think that Mannkind has all of the studies and safety data I can't imagine what else the FDA could want...
    Jan 9 09:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Savient Pharmaceuticals: Is Anything Left? [View article]
    Speculative, interesting idea. I am not sure though it would have to be a company with an existing gout pipeline and I am not sure that any company really believes that SVNT proved that there is a market for Krystexxa.
    Oct 16 08:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wi-Lan: A Patent Play With Asymmetrical Upside? [View article]
    I believe that over the long term, a buyback would be more beneficial to the shareholders. In the short term, however, I believe that a dividend would help to prop up the stock price more. I am excited about the potential at Wi-Lan.
    Sep 30 09:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment