Alpha Gen Capital

View Alpha Gen Capital's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Insulet: On A Sugar High With Downside Of 30% Or More [View article]
    Afrezza will likely get approved but it may be on a longer timeline.

Short selling is inherently more risky than going long so risk tolerance differs greatly by trader.

Thanks for reading.
    Apr 1 12:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Contango Oil: Crimson Adds Significant Value With Upside Of One-Third [View article]
    Its on my list of things to do but i have a few new original long ideas that I'd like to get to first.

Thanks.
    Mar 15 01:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Castlight Health IPO May Be Goldman's Latest Mispricing This Friday [View article]
    Agreed. And they should give special thanks to CNBC for helping pump the stock. I read this S-1 and would have been hesitant to invest above $9 per share. At $41, the valuation makes Twitter look cheap.

And the biotech/healthtech bubble keeps inflating....
    Mar 14 03:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Priced at $36-$37. Outrageous.
    Mar 14 10:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    $2B in valuation based on $13m in revenues. Next....
    Mar 13 06:59 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ambac Financial: Several Potential Drivers For Large Gains [View article]
    Can you point me to where you got your information? According to AMBAC, the revenue bonds are senior lien positions and are required to have segregation of collected funds. But I do note that they state: "The Commonwealth may be able to claw-back from its instrumentalities revenues that are considered to be Commonwealth resources, to the extent all other available resources of the Commonwealth are insufficient for paying principal and interest on Commonwealth public debt" Still, we don't know which are considered to be "Commonwealth resources" and which aren't. Thanks for your reply.
    Feb 26 12:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Pzena: Valuation Is Still Compelling With Upside Catalysts On The Horizon [View article]
    Definitely a leveraged bet on the market. But if he outperforms on the downside, he, and PZN owners presumably, won't see the leverage effect on the downside.
    Feb 22 10:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Not Adding To The PIMCO Dynamic Income Fund [View article]
    I agree the low hanging fruit has been picked on this one. PCI, now that its run by Ivacsyn probably represents a more compelling value. They do have different sector and FI allocation breakdowns but I'm sure overlap will increase as Dan puts his own flare onto PCI.

I wrote my first SA article on PDI.

Feb 13 12:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Earn Big Annualized Returns With PDI Between Now And Year's End [View article]
    Yeah, no reason to sell. It looks like we're going to do the same thing this year too!
    Feb 7 08:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Viad: A 7.2% Yielding, Catalyst-Heavy Company With 30%+ Upside [View article]
    End of biz 7.
    Feb 6 05:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Viad: A 7.2% Yielding, Catalyst-Heavy Company With 30%+ Upside [View article]
    True... I should have touched on that more. I do think we'll see a jump in the shares as people recognize the shareholder value and opportunity as the $1.50 bleeds off. Thanks for commenting. Even outside of the specials, this stock is amazingly cheap and headed for the mid-thirties in my opinion.
    Feb 6 10:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • TTM Technologies: Oversold And Underappreciated New Business Model Point To Large Upside [View article]
    Yes, but the point of the analysis is their shift in PCB towards higher-end boards which will change the profile of the company from the one you describe above- heavily commoditized, fragmented market, low returns on capital to a higher valued enterprise with decent returns on capital. Remember, this company does not need to move the need much in terms of operating margins to make a massive difference in its returns on capital and intrinsic value.

Thank you though for the comment.
    Jan 23 02:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • HickoryTech: Buy It Before Someone Else Does, 60% Upside [View article]
    As I noted above, I think they focus on penetration while debt slowly subsides. Dividend is in no danger of being cut given debt maturities and cash cushion.
    Jan 15 09:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seacor Holdings: Undervalued With Under-Appreciated Assets [View article]
    Yes, I wish I had found and written this a few months ago when the shares were trading in the low 80's. I still think this has some room to run given the energy boom in the Gulf and in Brazil. Its not a low risk play given the valuation but one should definitely keep it on their radar if it falls back. Still, I think there are significant tailwinds that should allow Fabrikant to grow book value at above average levels simply as a reversion to the mean given the ramp up in operations in the Gulf following the Horizon Macondo disaster.

Thanks for reading.
    Nov 26 10:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Och-Ziff: Underappreciated Catalysts May Reward Shareholders [View article]
    They are required to, like MLPs, to pay out 90% of all income to shareholders (technically partners).
    Nov 21 01:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment