Alpha Prophets

• Has The Economy Bottomed? Private Equity Should Lead The Way [View article]
    Nailed this one. The ratio of Private Equity vs the S&P 500 (the first chart in the article) bottomed the very day this article was published. American Capital doubled over the following 12 months and Blackrock is up from $170 on the day this article was published to $351 at today's close.

A win indeed.

Follow the charts.... not the hype.
    Jun 25, 2015. 07:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Bubble May Be Over [View article]
    Did you notice that by late-September 2011 gold had fallen to the low 1500s? Just as my article had suggested would happen. I believe I wrote this article within 2 days of the high. I'm going to jot this one down as a win.

Me = 1
    Gold Bugs = 0
    Jun 25, 2015. 07:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Bubble May Be Over [View article]
    I believe I was correct. I hope all of the haters that left comments when this article was originally posted didn't lose too much money on the way down.

Follow the charts.... not the hype.
    Jun 25, 2015. 06:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Continues Downtrend For Now [View article]
    Looks like those that disagreed with my analysis didn't fare too well over the last few years. Follow the charts.... not the hype.
    Jun 25, 2015. 02:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An End To Our Relationship With Yahoo, A New Era For Equity Research [View article]
    Great call by the team at Seeking Alpha. As life has now allowed me the time to focus sharing my company's analysis in a narrative fashion, I am VERY MUCH looking forward to speeding up my contributions to the SA community in the coming weeks. The research and the discussions that come along with each published article here on Seeking Alpha are truly unrivaled by any other location on the web. Since first becoming a paid contributor in 2011 this community has blossomed beyond belief. I'm very excited to get back into the fold. Watch for my first new contribution to be out by the end of the weekend.

Sorry for getting off track a bit. But again, I applaud SA for this major business move and I believe it will make us a stronger and much more advanced investment community moving forward.
    Aug 2, 2014. 01:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CAPE, Earnings Volatility And Stock Returns: 1871-2019 [View article]
    Great article. I'll have to dig into it more before I can comment further.
    May 7, 2014. 04:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sorry, Doomers, The Stock Market Isn't Divorced From Reality [View article]
    I agree. Also, another leading contributor to bringing profit margins back in line with historical norms will be a better labor market. As firms once again begin to hire in anticipation of future growth they will immediately experience higher operating expenses. If those hired are trained and perform as expected, generating more revenues, margins will rise again in the future. This whole time profits can continue to rise.

I tend to lean your way on a number of your comments. The misunderstanding of Bernanke's QE and its true effects is reaching epidemic proportions.
    May 2, 2013. 03:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sorry, Doomers, The Stock Market Isn't Divorced From Reality [View article]
    Velocity has actually been falling through the floor for nearly a decade as the nation's money supply continues to concentrate itself in the hands of the top 1%.

But I do agree, the market does not measure or care about social justice. However, at some point, if incomes continue to stagnate, the middle class cannot support more debt based consumption and corporate earnings fall as a result. The market will likely anticipate this before it shows up in the data and will decline to bring P/Es back to reality.
    May 2, 2013. 02:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sorry, Doomers, The Stock Market Isn't Divorced From Reality [View article]
    Correct.
    May 2, 2013. 02:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has The Economy Bottomed? Private Equity Should Lead The Way [View article]
    I believe once the recovery reaches a sustainable point private equity will lead. Until banks are healthy enough to be able to provide substantial credit to PE firms and other companies the recovery will not have sufficient legs to continue unabated.
    Dec 31, 2011. 09:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Continues Downtrend For Now [View article]
    Yes, I agree with you. My article was not for the "long-term" but simply for the intermediate term. I do believe the banking cartels rule the world. Not disputing that. I do believe however that gold will fall in the short-term and rally over the long-term based on the dollar rallying short-term and then continuing its long-term downtrend due to more money creation (ie. debt enslavement). At that point I believe gold will return to its longer term uptrend.
    Dec 20, 2011. 04:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Continues Downtrend For Now [View article]
    Great comment. You express exactly my concern. The big question is not "if" it is "when"? $GLD $SLV
    Dec 20, 2011. 02:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Continues Downtrend For Now [View article]
    Harsh. The article was absolutely free of my personal biases. I didn't know there was a law in the comments section forbidding me from expressing my opinion. Seriously though, I only give advice in my articles by what I see on the chart. Not by what my heart and mind want to happen. Trust me on this. As a CFA Candidate I have to adhere to this principle. I think gold will fall to around $1,000 as the Euro plunges sending the dollar up and, in turn, sending the dollar price of gold down. Once the dollar rally is over I believe gold will continue its bull run as the US faces its debt crisis head on. Sorry for providing you with my analysis.
    Dec 20, 2011. 01:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Continues Downtrend For Now [View article]
    I do not hold any positions in gold at the moment. Just an opinion on the yellow metal. I hope it falls through the floor though. $5,000 dollar gold would likely mean that my country is falling apart. Not exactly good for my kids future. Everyone should hope for lower gold prices.
    Dec 20, 2011. 01:03 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Continues Downtrend For Now [View article]
    Yeah I definitely agree with you there. I'm a fairly large contrarian and am not short $GLD as of now. I played it to the downside shortly after posting my article on gold back in August, however as of now I would be looking for long opportunities before short ones. I generally would like to see a trend change back to the upside before buying in again though.

I am concerned about the legitimacy of $GLD the ETF though. Have you heard many of the rumors about it decoupling from the price physical gold in a extreme crisis (when it actually matters)? I'm not sure how serious these accusations are, but it's something to think about when choosing a vehicle for precious metals exposure.
    Dec 20, 2011. 12:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment