Alphabetsy

View Alphabetsy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Las Vegas Sands: Attractive Again On Recent Dip [View article]
    Bret
    I must agree fundamentally for the long term, though, I hold no position at this time.

It appears to me, that technically, we are in a short term transition.
    We'll very soon see if the direction will turn upward or continue the current bias.

I very much appreciate your views and review of this stock.

Thanks!
    Apr 17 08:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I'm A BlackBerry Buyer On Monday, No Questions Asked [View article]
    @QTRaven Well Done.

Can this downward push be sustained?
    Look at ADX, RSI, STOCH -down trend is abating with price approaching lower limit of Starc- and BBand. Look at the volume that was required to hold it back on Friday. Assess the pre-market rise in volume and price and the volume required to reverse it. Can this continue? Look at last 5 X 1 min of trade -price is well above regression line and with a volume that is many times the 50 bar average.

You 're on target here. Near term target is $ 11.20 and long term well north of $ 15. Let's thank the bears for this opportunity! Long $BBRY.
    Mar 30 09:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wal-Mart Stores In India: What Investors Should Know [View article]
    Thank you for providing this well written overview of current retailing and distribution in India.

I have now a better appreciation of the challenges that exist not just for $WMT but also for other retailers, consumers and government.
    Mar 23 09:29 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Caution Or Optimism? Rite Aid At 7-Year High [View article]
    You present many valid points with useable techniques.
    I very much appreciate it !
    Mar 16 12:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Caution Or Optimism? Rite Aid At 7-Year High [View article]
    Always a pleasure to read your insights.

To provide clarity to you point (re: “Not that $GS is always right” ), what is worth noting on April 14/2013 their target was $ 2.60 with a neutral rating which I understand they had changed from $ 1.75 nine days prior. (http://bit.ly/1hjQiPQ)

Sadly, as you state, many have been negative on $RAD.
    As you know this has not been my position.

It is encouraging to see that there is some acknowledgement of $RAD's worth, here. We have risen considerably in the past year, however. A pause is plausible to me.

With regard to your view on technical indicators I choose to use any tool that helps my ability to perceive. To use your analogy of reflections: when driving forward I still prefer my rear and side view mirrors as well as glancing back to determine my position relative to others on the road. This is especially so if I need to change lanes. I know I have some blind spots.

I know this is much debated and is just my view.

Thank you for the comment.
    Mar 14 04:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Caution Or Optimism? Rite Aid At 7-Year High [View article]
    While I do see your point wrt the apparent consolidation in the past few weeks, you may wish
    to review the following:

1) On Feb. 3/14 $RAD closed at $5.33 and hit a high of $ 6.87
    on Feb. 21/14 -hard for us to view this ~ 29% rise as consolidation.

2) In the past 2 months only 7 days were above 50 days average volume (two of these were yesterday and today after the announcement by $GS)

3) Yesterday's $ GS statement evoked a volume that, although high, was not even close to the ytd highest nor close to the highest in Feb. volume - something we should have expected in view of such a high profile announcement.

4) Using near term data your price is well above both +starc band & upper BB. (I'm not sure of your target wrt time frame).

As such I do not believe the current volume can continue to support the recent ~29 % growth rate nor the resistance target that you suggest for the near term.

Thanks for the comment.
    Mar 13 11:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Caution Or Optimism? Rite Aid At 7-Year High [View article]
    As stated in the article it appears to me we are approaching a top
    in the near term. Although, not discussed in detail, I do see some volatility.
    I am not clear on your question about cost averaging with regards to options.

Thank you for your comment.
    Mar 13 09:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Morguard Corp: A Diverse High Quality Real Estate Portfolio That Sells At A 50% Discount [View article]
    A well written article.
    Thanks for sharing your perspective.
    Mar 13 08:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • WhatsApp Vs. BBM Security? Let Google Decide [View article]
    Interesting approach.
    Thanx
    Feb 27 09:06 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bloomberg: BlackBerry to get major boost from Ford [View news story]
    @allstar0088

Absolutely, and -
    Let's not forget the Canadian ones !
    Feb 23 01:01 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry +8.4% AH following Facebook/WhatsApp deal [View news story]
    @David653

Can you please explain your point vis a vis $FB ensuring their market (especially with BBM directly challenging a portion of $FB).
    Feb 20 07:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Set To Plummet [View article]
    @ A11 Extremely valid point!

The most critical part - 21% MUST BUY. = High Demand

Not hard to understand - Pushing it down in articles and comments to buy it for less , or maybe free!
    So many spins - Time to get over it - High Demand is real

$ BBRY momentum is UP UP UP UP UP
    Jan 15 09:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: The Long-Term Picture [View article]
    @congo~

Your strategy (long calls) has merit
    since patient is STABLE - to use your analogy !
    Patient must be about to thrive or why would you chance it at all?

Best Wishes on this!
    Jan 10 08:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: The Long-Term Picture [View article]
    The so remote Palm analogy again -really?
    What a stretch !

Why not use the Sybase analogy which share the same CEO?
    Blackberry is here to stay.

$ 23 Resistance $BBRY !
    Jan 10 07:08 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Achilles' Heel Of Apple Is Its Recalcitrant High-Margin Policy [View article]
    Well written analysis & must concur with most.

It is NOT easy however, for me to dismiss your analogy of the "ghost" ship in "the ghost of its legendary founder " nor the inference to the wrong color for $BBRY. Not that complacency is positive. It is not.
    The Steadfastness of purpose vs "obstinacy" must be differentiated. The innovations brought forth, emanated from their firmness and perseverance when they had anticipated needs.

It is their "SPIRIT" that still lives on. Hopefully, it thrives in their "progeny" bringing more innovations vs complacency.
    They have truly changed the world.

Failure for us to acknowledge these facts may not be a wise investment strategy and may result in missed opportunities as you have noted.

Thank you for your hard work. I very much enjoyed your writing.

Jan 9 08:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment