Alphabetsy

View Alphabetsy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Yahoo: An Easy Way To Profit From Alibaba [View article]
    Bret- Well done.
    Sep 21 03:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rite Aid And Wendy's Are Facing A Similar Situation [View article]
    Thank for your article and perspective.

While the two have seen similar price action there a so many differences that we should not overlook. Many come to mind. Below is one example that hopefully will help show the complexity of this.

The majority of $RAD sales are driven by Rx sales/services and are paid by third parties (insurance/govt). Not only does $RAD not control the menu, (prescribers write Rx -menu) they compete with payers such as $CVS and others for the same revenue stream. Further, the payers often decide whether or not they will pay for any menu item via controlled formularies. One may wish to compare this to $WEN.

One may wish also to look at distribution and breadth of competition.

I can't help but agree that in any service business, service must be viewed as its core.
    Aug 1 10:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Competition In Pharmacy Sector Fails To Dampen CVS's Spirit [View article]
    Your points are well taken in this well written summary.

The $CVS profit model, as you outline, should over time offset
    many of the competitive pressures and tobacco elimination losses
    that may ensue.
    Jun 26 09:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Data Mining Rite Aid's 10K For Clues On Future Performance [View article]
    @ beaters and Alan;

Good article and comment.

I think we should also keep in mind when using LIFO/FIFO not just inflation but also the current impact of generics. They are acquired at much lower costs can substantially effect inventory value. Also note switching brands has some indirect effect on inventory value (not related to LIFO and FIFO) that is more difficult to quantify.

As you have noted this effect on inventory valuation definitely has an effect on COGS and thus earnings.
    May 13 07:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Las Vegas Sands: Attractive Again On Recent Dip [View article]
    Bret
    I must agree fundamentally for the long term, though, I hold no position at this time.

It appears to me, that technically, we are in a short term transition.
    We'll very soon see if the direction will turn upward or continue the current bias.

I very much appreciate your views and review of this stock.

Thanks!
    Apr 17 08:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I'm A BlackBerry Buyer On Monday, No Questions Asked [View article]
    @QTRaven Well Done.

Can this downward push be sustained?
    Look at ADX, RSI, STOCH -down trend is abating with price approaching lower limit of Starc- and BBand. Look at the volume that was required to hold it back on Friday. Assess the pre-market rise in volume and price and the volume required to reverse it. Can this continue? Look at last 5 X 1 min of trade -price is well above regression line and with a volume that is many times the 50 bar average.

You 're on target here. Near term target is $ 11.20 and long term well north of $ 15. Let's thank the bears for this opportunity! Long $BBRY.
    Mar 30 09:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wal-Mart Stores In India: What Investors Should Know [View article]
    Thank you for providing this well written overview of current retailing and distribution in India.

I have now a better appreciation of the challenges that exist not just for $WMT but also for other retailers, consumers and government.
    Mar 23 09:29 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Caution Or Optimism? Rite Aid At 7-Year High [View article]
    You present many valid points with useable techniques.
    I very much appreciate it !
    Mar 16 12:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Caution Or Optimism? Rite Aid At 7-Year High [View article]
    Always a pleasure to read your insights.

To provide clarity to you point (re: “Not that $GS is always right” ), what is worth noting on April 14/2013 their target was $ 2.60 with a neutral rating which I understand they had changed from $ 1.75 nine days prior. (http://bit.ly/1hjQiPQ)

Sadly, as you state, many have been negative on $RAD.
    As you know this has not been my position.

It is encouraging to see that there is some acknowledgement of $RAD's worth, here. We have risen considerably in the past year, however. A pause is plausible to me.

With regard to your view on technical indicators I choose to use any tool that helps my ability to perceive. To use your analogy of reflections: when driving forward I still prefer my rear and side view mirrors as well as glancing back to determine my position relative to others on the road. This is especially so if I need to change lanes. I know I have some blind spots.

I know this is much debated and is just my view.

Thank you for the comment.
    Mar 14 04:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Caution Or Optimism? Rite Aid At 7-Year High [View article]
    While I do see your point wrt the apparent consolidation in the past few weeks, you may wish
    to review the following:

1) On Feb. 3/14 $RAD closed at $5.33 and hit a high of $ 6.87
    on Feb. 21/14 -hard for us to view this ~ 29% rise as consolidation.

2) In the past 2 months only 7 days were above 50 days average volume (two of these were yesterday and today after the announcement by $GS)

3) Yesterday's $ GS statement evoked a volume that, although high, was not even close to the ytd highest nor close to the highest in Feb. volume - something we should have expected in view of such a high profile announcement.

4) Using near term data your price is well above both +starc band & upper BB. (I'm not sure of your target wrt time frame).

As such I do not believe the current volume can continue to support the recent ~29 % growth rate nor the resistance target that you suggest for the near term.

Thanks for the comment.
    Mar 13 11:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Caution Or Optimism? Rite Aid At 7-Year High [View article]
    As stated in the article it appears to me we are approaching a top
    in the near term. Although, not discussed in detail, I do see some volatility.
    I am not clear on your question about cost averaging with regards to options.

Thank you for your comment.
    Mar 13 09:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Morguard Corp: A Diverse High Quality Real Estate Portfolio That Sells At A 50% Discount [View article]
    A well written article.
    Thanks for sharing your perspective.
    Mar 13 08:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • WhatsApp Vs. BBM Security? Let Google Decide [View article]
    Interesting approach.
    Thanx
    Feb 27 09:06 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bloomberg: BlackBerry to get major boost from Ford [View news story]
    @allstar0088

Absolutely, and -
    Let's not forget the Canadian ones !
    Feb 23 01:01 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry +8.4% AH following Facebook/WhatsApp deal [View news story]
    @David653

Can you please explain your point vis a vis $FB ensuring their market (especially with BBM directly challenging a portion of $FB).
    Feb 20 07:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment