Always Bullish

View Always Bullish's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Buy Growth At A Fair Price With Aegion [View article]
    Thanks for the comment, I appreciate it. In 2013, 38.4% of revenues came from international operations. This was down from 42.1% the year prior.
    Mar 12 09:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2014 March Madness Trading Contest [View instapost]
    Long KKD
    Mar 4 07:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Growth At A Fair Price With Aegion [View article]
    I think management will continue to add to their company, although it might not be as aggressively as they have in the past. Aegion aims to acquire businesses that are aligned with their value proposition and benefit the company. As long as management sees companies like this and the balance sheet remains healthy, Aegion should experience a combination of both organic and external growth. It might not be as intense as it's been in the recent past, but i think the company will continue to grow at a reasonable rate through organic growth supplemented by acquisitions.
    Feb 12 11:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Growth At A Fair Price With Aegion [View article]
    No, we do not.
    Feb 8 01:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Growth At A Fair Price With Aegion [View article]
    Thanks for the comment, gibbsou. It's hard to pick specific growth rates for a project based business, especially when they are heavily involved in acquisition activity. Over the course of the next few years, I think we will see anywhere between 11-13% growth rates, annualized, if Aegion is able to execute well. It really depends on how they manage their acquisitions as well as if they make changes to project discipline. The fact of the matter is that it could vary by a significant amount year to year, as it has historically.
    Feb 5 03:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cognex: A Great Company With A Hefty Price [View article]
    Currently, a portion of their automation market is guiding robots to put parts in the right places and at the right times. If the need for ID/vision became a bigger part of robotics, they could probably work it in quite easily as they already have the technology. Thanks for the comment!
    Dec 16 09:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Faces The Ever-Present 'Then What' Problem [View article]
    A "then what" problem is a good issue to have. Only true innovators encounter it, as a result of high expectations (which Apple has traditionally met). It might hurt a bit in the short term, but Apple won't be down for long.
    Dec 12 10:59 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • OmniVision Technologies Has A Bright Future [View article]
    Of course, it's not encouraging for a company to have those kinds of struggles. But it's been identified, and as I mentioned in the article, management is working on addressing it. The company will slowly rebuild margins overtime. They have already started to slightly improve.

As for today's guidance, it was certainly a little disappointing. I'm not even close to giving up on OVTI, though. All companies have bad quarters, and the good ones are able to get through them. For the reasons addressed in the article, I think OVTI will be able to push these problems aside within the next few years. The stock has been getting beat up in the short term, but I still have a long term horizon. And the long term prospects haven't changed, so I would basically just consider today's drop a buying opportunity.
    Dec 3 08:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Another Problem With The Bears' Logic [View article]
    I'm sorry, but I honestly don't know where you are getting these ideas from. I don't care about bearish sentiment. I just said that it exists. I suppose I am confused on why you're confused. This is not a technical analysis or psychological article. It addresses the company's growth opportunities. Respectfully, I don't see what you are trying to point out. I don't know what else to suggest for you other than to read the article again or try to reword your concerns.
    Nov 14 09:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Another Problem With The Bears' Logic [View article]
    Many people have posted comments addressing Apple's difficulties in the smartphone market. I've got a few things to say about that:

1. The iPhone revolutionized phones. There's really no arguing that it brought the smartphone industry to prominence.

2. Individual opinions on how "good" or "bad" a cell phone is are irrelevant. I know people that still prefer flip phones.

3. Complaints about iOS7, how smoothly the phone runs, etc. are also somewhat irrelevant. With a new version of the operating system, not everyone is likely to be happy. There are two reasons for this. One is that humans tend to dislike change. Another is that maybe there are a few errors (I can't name any off the top of my head, and I have an iPhone). Apple will address these over time, as any good company would.

4. The fact that Samsung has taken a significant lead in the worldwide smartphone market is a legitimate issue that needs to be addressed by the company. But Apple, having such a strong culture of innovation and expertise, has the power to change this. Their smartphone market share has been all over the place in recent years, as has the share of other companies. There are no indications that Samsung has an invincible hold on their share. They may fall out of their leading spot as quickly as they gained it. In the meantime, Apple is still having decent success with its iPhones and MacBooks. A few anticipated products also may provide support for the company. Apple may be down, but they are most certainly not out.
    Nov 14 03:59 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Another Problem With The Bears' Logic [View article]
    You are right that there is not a single, specific group that controls the company's stock price. This is stating the obvious. But if there was no bearish sentiment, then the bulls wouldn't have anything to fear. If there were no identifiable problems with a stock, I don't see why that stock wouldn't just keep heading up. In the short term, prices are determined by what people think about a stock. They are determined by bid and ask. If everyone thought Apple was a $600 stock, that's where it would be trading. But instead, the line between the bears and the bulls lays at the current price of about $528.

Your second concern seems to be something about a trivial error in wording. Yes, I like the way that you worded it even more than my choice of words. But my words also weren't "People are bearish because they think the public is going to become bearish because..." as you seemed to have read them as, for some strange reason.

It seems you've gone out of your way to find irrelevant errors in my article. One of your complaints is concerning the concept of how the stock market works. The other is about my writing skills. The article's main idea stands strong.
    Nov 14 03:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cirrus Logic: Asymmetric Risk And Reward Make This Stock A Buy [View article]
    Thanks for the comment, wbricky.

I completely agree. Maybe a 2% or so drop could have been realistic (yet still unjustified) from the downgrade and revenue guidance. But the double digit percentage drop provides a clear buying opportunity.
    Oct 31 07:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cirrus Logic: Asymmetric Risk And Reward Make This Stock A Buy [View article]
    Same thing that I said to undertaker2k13 applies here:

"They beat on every measure and are down 12% the next day. Exactly. To an experienced investor, this is a bargain; not something to run away from. The only reason why the price dropped was because Barclays downgraded and revenue guidance for the next quarter showed a bit less in terms of growth than what people wanted. Both events were very insignificant in the course of things, yet they still led to a 12% discount."
    Oct 30 04:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cirrus Logic: Asymmetric Risk And Reward Make This Stock A Buy [View article]
    Oct 30 04:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Triumph Group: High Growth Is On Sale [View article]
    Thanks for the comment, WBos!
    Overall, it's definitely disappointing to see increased costs (and thus decreased profits) in one of their programs. But this industry is typically one of high costs that could be hitting from any area, such as the move from the Jefferson Street facility, or from this program. But this quote from the CEO is reassuring: "As we move forward, we are confident that we will be able to return the 747-8 program to our expected level of execution and profitability and we remain confident that our business model will provide for sustainable long-term growth for Triumph Group as a whole." Thinking long term is the key here. This disappointment doesn't make Triumph a bad business, it just creates an obstacle to climb.
    Oct 26 01:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment