This user currently has no profile.
Amit Kumar started Artham Capital Partners LLC, an independent research firm, in 2009 after working as a time as a buy side analyst at Swiss Re. Prior to the finance industry, he has spent nine years in the technology industry with IBM, TCS, and tech startups. He holds a B. Tech from I.I.T. and an M.B.A. from Columbia Business School. He lives in New Jersey and teaches Finance at NJIT and Rutgers Business School.
- Description: Independent / boutique research firm analyst.
- Interests: Forex, Mutual funds, Options, REITs, Stocks - long, Stocks - short, Tech stocks
Artham Capital Artham provides research to institutional clients primarily through its website on a subscription basis.
Currently, you have no blog details. Click edit to add blog details.
Short stories from the stock market (B&N offering the book at $19.99+free shipping, also available on Amazon and other online book Short selling has been around since the 1600s when exchange-based trading began in Amsterdam; however, books on short selling are few and far between. Short Stories from the Stock Market presents a short selling framework that uncovers common themes behind falling stocks in order to find uncommon short ideas. ...More
Short Stories from the Stock Market uses case studies to illustrate the short selling framework in practice. It draws upon examples from past research by Artham Capital Partners as well as research contributed by Off Wall Street, a short-focused independent research firm, based in Cambridge, MA, with a strong track record that spans two decades. The book illustrates how successful short investment theses are not based on the premise of high valuations, but rather on the problems with a company’s business model and its accounting practices. While buying low and selling high usually works for long ideas, short selling expensive stocks based on high valuation alone usually does not work as well.
Latest Comments more »
- Talks between International... on Sun Micro: Put Spreads to Play Merger Arb?
- IBM lowered its intended ta... on Sun Micro: Put Spreads to Play Merger Arb?
- right. 35c. the spread is a... on Sun Micro: Put Spreads to Play Merger Arb?
- Yes. April puts. Thanks on Sun Micro: Put Spreads to Play Merger Arb?
- Regulators having been boun... on Geithner Regulates: After the Carrot, A Stick f...
Latest comments on Amit's Articles