Amod Saul

View Amod Saul's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Eli Lilly: 2014 Predictions [View article]
    @radcon111 , good point, might be prophetic too:

wouldn't even attempt to short the stock though, they have a large war chest for buying back own shares, probably north of $5 bil.
    Jan 23 09:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Price Of Gold In 2014 [View article]
    @6151621 excellent point. I thought so too but I am not familiar with how Gold ETFs function. Planning to learn. Thanks a bundle for making the point. Cheers - - -,
    Jan 23 10:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Price Of Gold In 2014 [View article]
    @coindog , excellent point.

One simple answer could be related to the fact that gold strategists embarked on an initiative to issue a digital currency backed by gold. They stored the gold in vaults in Dubai and Switzerland and issued a "PayPal" form of P2P currency. That increased demand on physical gold which was taken out of circulation and depositied in vaults. Only its derivative, the currency, was traded. e-gold.com was the largest of the herd.

Then the "PayPal" mafia lobbyed to weed out competitors and they won and the department of Justice closed their operations:

I believe Douglas Jackson, the original e-gold.com founder, is planning to launches a new gold ecurrency:

If the initiative is successful, then you can expect gold to rise again.

Just to give you a little perspective on scale: In 2013 PayPal processed over US$150 billion in digital currency transactions.

I believe Icahn is going after them:

If I wasn't a satisfied user myself, I would have said that the government should also go after them for anti-trust. They played hardball with all their early competitors. Same as Microsoft.

Stay safe
    Jan 22 08:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Time For A Pairs Trade: Long LinkedIn, Short Twitter [View article]
    Thank you ValueinvestorEU. That was educational - - -,
    Jan 22 07:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time For A Pairs Trade: Long LinkedIn, Short Twitter [View article]
    Sammy, interesting take, thank you for sharing.

Would the reverse also work?

I mean, LNKD is a glorified C.V. farm but TWTR - - -, it's a PlatForm!

Jan 22 05:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead: The Rising Tide Is Coming [View article]
    Perfect Timing, thank you Paul - - -,
    Jan 22 05:27 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Price Of Gold In 2014 [View article]
    It is not the size of the dog in the fight 6151621, it is the size of the fight in the dog :).

This short and clear article has set the price for gold in 2014. It will also serve as my springboard to launch a series of articles targeted at gold strategists.

For a more in depth analysis, I recommend taking a look at this one:

The 30's was a flight to the safety of fundumentals after the financial crash. We expect the same will happen when the current shaky financial system crashs. The thing is, no one has the foresight to time it.

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.
    Jan 21 05:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Medtronic's CoreValve Ready For Takeoff [View article]
    Good point Herman. It is rather a complicated issue.

Already Medtronic has paid what the Jury ordered. However, CoreValve is based on a different self-expanding technology which is different than the balloon expandable Sapien. So there is some room for maneuver.

Guess will be some anti-trust issues with an acquisition. Medtronic would end up with 96% of the market.

Thanks
    Jan 21 10:04 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Medtronic's CoreValve Ready For Takeoff [View article]
    Thank you for the positive feedback wetendal, very much appreciated :)
    Jan 21 09:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Fresh Look At The U.S. Medical Marijuana Market [View article]
    Good thinking!

Why not play the house. A small U.S. public company can be set up for a song and there is plenty of venture capital money in A'Dam.
    Jan 20 09:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • General Electric And The Internet Of Things [View article]
    LOL :)
    Jan 2 09:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Endologix: Is Covidien Itching To Buy? [View article]
    Endologix Receives IDE Approval from FDA for Nellix:

Dec 25 01:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Demand Media: Down But Not Out [View article]
    Sahib, I totaly see what you are saying and I do agree with your broad stroke analysis.

If I follow your cue and try to peer 10 years into the future, I can see two scenarios:

1. A winner takes all and further consolidation of "Media" power into the hands of the few.

2. Re-tribalization of the web.

I do see the strong currents driving the 1st, however, the idealist in me hopes for the second.

DMD with its young experts and young artists communities is pushing towards the second future:

And they are already acheiving a comfortable 33% of EBITDA doing it.

Let us not forget that both you and I are currently discussing DMD future on a similar "tribal" media property.

Would I buy shares in SA if it goes public?

I would certainly well !
    Dec 10 10:34 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Demand Media: Down But Not Out [View article]
    Interesting take calikym and even more reasons for a bullish sentiment.

Many people did not know about the "Domain Services" arm of Demand Media, which is now "Rightside", because "eNom" is white lable serving mainly B2B domain resellers rather than end users.

Thank you for the insight.
    Dec 8 10:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Demand Media: Down But Not Out [View article]
    Yep, I hear you. I think separating the lower margin, but solid rock stable, domain services business from the volatile, but higher margin, ecommerce and media business would offer investors two unique investment propsotions. Besides, they did not really fit together anyway.

Thank you ciolan for your insightful comment and warmest wishes for plentifull returns on your long term DMD investment - - -,
    Dec 8 08:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment