Amy Baldwin

View Amy Baldwin's Comments BY TICKER:
  • The Battle Against Alzheimer's: Can An Investment In The Industry Prove Lucrative? [View article]
    Thank you for noticing. I have submitted correction.
    Dec 19, 2013. 04:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Breast Cancer Drugs That Could Boost Your Portfolio [View article]
    Good catch! Thank you and thanks for reading! By the way, I think you mean "misspelled". ;)

I have submitted for my spelling error to be corrected.
    Dec 12, 2013. 01:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Celebrating Breast Cancer Awareness With A Great Year Of Clinical Breakthroughs [View article]
    I am not too familiar with IMGN. Therefore I apologize
    Oct 6, 2013. 04:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I was about to mention Acadia. He was also bearish of ACAD before data. We all see the end of that story
    Oct 6, 2013. 04:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I do specialize in statistical analysis, and I have taken ALL statistics into account when forming my opinion regarding GALE. I do not hold the opinions of Adam F higher than any others.

I have looked at both sides and my belief is that bears only want to look at the combined results of the Phase 2 trial (which was one recurrence shy of being statistically significant) and the bulls only focus on the subgroup of patients where results were most impressive for GALE.

Here is my take: If GALE's Phase 3 trial was testing both node-positive and node-negative patients, only one-third were optimally dosed and receiving booster shots, then I would too be negative about Galena's shot in Phase 3.

However, in the Phase 3 trial, all patients will receive boosters and will be optimally dosed, and only node-positive patients will be enrolled. In this patient population, NeuVax decreased recurrence by nearly 80% compared to the control group! This subgroup is what formed the Phase 3 study. Thus, I will be a bull.

With that said, I believe there is a 75% chance that NeuVax will be statistically significant in its Phase 3 trial. A 75% chance more than supports an investment in a $200m company that has a multi-billion dollar product.
    Oct 6, 2013. 04:54 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Biotechs Aim To Capitalize On The Treatment Of Melanoma [View article]
    If you look at data, then OncoSec would fall in the category of high probability.

There is no treatment for MCC. It is an orphan indication. If ImmunoPulse has good data in treating this disease, Wall Street will take notice.

I place a lot more value in ONCS versus the biotech IPOs of 2013. Most haven't even tested their products on humans.
    Aug 15, 2013. 09:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Biotechs Aim To Capitalize On The Treatment Of Melanoma [View article]
    You are correct. This fact alone warrants a larger market cap. I think investors know the upside and value lies in immunopulse
    Aug 15, 2013. 09:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Biotechs Aim To Capitalize On The Treatment Of Melanoma [View article]
    I think the $25 million market cap limits nearly all risk. What's the downside? The data is very good
    Aug 15, 2013. 09:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Undervalued Immunotherapy Picks [View article]
    IMUC is under new leadership, therefore it's a new vision. Singh used a third party manufacturing facility, and after assessing the upside and downside I think the new CEO will also determine it is best to manufacture with PCT
    Apr 16, 2013. 10:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Undervalued Immunotherapy Picks [View article]
    What is wrong with the information you cite? I'd love to find more biotechnology companies in late phase development that spend just $6.4 million per year. Most spend $6.4mm per quarter. ONCS will be able to continue operations until data is announced, at that point the company's valuation will be changed
    Apr 16, 2013. 10:36 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Undervalued Immunotherapy Picks [View article]
    You are way wrong. Look through the company's board and scientific team, many of which were at Inovio. At Inovio it looks as though there was a change of opinion regarding development. ONCS went with the electroporation and I feel confident that ONCS will have a product to market long before INO
    Apr 16, 2013. 10:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Look At One Of The Fastest Growing Industries In The Market And How To Benefit [View article]
    Thank you for your comment Alvin. I agree that the prospect of a centralized data base would make a lot of sense. It would be nice to have the ability to share your entire medical history--excluding anything that you choose to opt out-- just by swiping a medical "key card" or simply have the history associated with your name/SSN. This would be convenient and would eliminate having to guess the last time you were immunized for MMR. Going back to the issue at hand, as you say, the data base info could be limited to opiates/ Schedule II drugs, to address any privacy concerns. This is something the government needs to act on...PRONTO!
    Apr 9, 2013. 03:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Galena Biopharma's NeuVax Vaccine: What To Know Before You Invest [View article]
    Robert Schwartz, while you bring up several good discussion topics, nothing in this piece is new. All of this information has been argued and debated over and over and over again. So I am not really sure of the purpose to this article.
    Everyone knows that the phase two trial was to investigate NeuVax’s best use. The company found that using the vaccine on those with lower levels of HER2 was more effective. Anyone who has followed the stock knows the number of differences between the phase two and phase three PRESENT trial. I think one writer put it, “this trial is built around NeuVax’s strengths while the other was not”
    GALE is at the very least worth a small investment, and I think the comments and articles provided by Rich Steffens are much more thorough, thoughtful, and useful to those seeking an unbiased opinion, as he does not currently own shares.
    In regards to you Mr. Schwartz, I am very interested in your motives. I’ve never seen you cover Galena in the past and for a “30 year veteran of the Pharmaceutical Industry” who was most recently in the role of “Executive Director, Strategic Transactions for Bristol-Myers Squibb Company”, why would you even waste your time with such research on a small little company like Galena Biopharma, especially if you are “betting’ against its success? It doesn’t make sense.
    If you really do speak frequently about the dynamics and evolving research and treatment paradigms in oncology then you’d know that in oncology, when treating a disease such as cancer, there are no rules, no consistencies, and that we have not yet found a cure. If you were unbiased and without a position long or “short”, then you’d be much more receptive to the idea of Galena’s strategy in preventing, not treating, breast cancer.
    In my opinion, there were too many inconsistencies in this piece for it to be believable. I’ve already seen several people point out incorrect numbers, data, etc. This leads me to think that this was just some thrown together article with the main objective being to cause the stock to fall lower. Everyone knows that Galena is volatile, and it always humors me how everytime it reaches $2.10 there is a new contributor who rises with the same spin but different words on why GALE will fail.
    Honestly, I would respect you much more if you’d just come out and add a disclosure saying, “I am publishing this article on March 13 because on the 15th my, or my employers, put options expire and I need the stock to be under $2”. Then, I would have a great deal of respect for your work, because at least you’ be honest. As far as I can see, four of your five articles follow the same pattern: Bearish articles the day(s) before you need a stock to drop on volatile stocks GALE, PPHM, NLNK, and also ZIOP on March 14. Come on…. Give me a break!!! The really sad thing is that the stock did fall lower, that means there is no doubt that you’ll be at it again with some other stock in a couple weeks.
    Mar 14, 2013. 06:19 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Following The Smart Money In The Intellectual Property Battle [View article]
    I have tried to avoid predictions with VRNG. We know it will receive a set royalty and payment for infringements but we don't what will happen in future suits. It's really hard to tell right now. I think its upside is great but it could change month-to-month
    Feb 28, 2013. 03:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Following The Smart Money In The Intellectual Property Battle [View article]
    Because I left out one company that wanted to be included? It's a broad market, you can't get every one!
    Feb 28, 2013. 03:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment