Amy Baldwin

View Amy Baldwin's Comments BY TICKER:
  • NeoStem to Create Value with Billion Dollar Potential [View article]
    Thanks Michael, I agree with you. I don't know how admitting my wrongs could be considered "pumping" a stock
    Nov 12, 2012. 03:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • NeoStem to Create Value with Billion Dollar Potential [View article]
    Yeah it's possible, but not at any point in the immediate future. The company is well positioned following its recent developments
    Nov 9, 2012. 10:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NeoStem to Create Value with Billion Dollar Potential [View article]
    In the last six months the stock is higher by 65%, compared to a flat market. So the stock is growing. A pullback is part of any trend, but since it has pulled back, I think it could trade higher any day. There is big upside in this stock and it's presenting a great entry point.
    Nov 9, 2012. 10:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NeoStem to Create Value with Billion Dollar Potential [View article]
    The company has made a considerable effort to strengthen its balance sheet and improve its cash position. The company's costs are not as significant as they were back when it had the generic pharmacy. The company will receive cash from the sale that they can use, they are also freeing up debt that could be used, and have redeemed payments in equity (therefore it could pay in equity in the future). I think the company has a lot of options, which is good.

Also, you must consider that NBS has several late-stage companies in its services segment (manufacturing). The company's sales will rise from advanced trials. I don't foresee financing anytime soon, but the company has many options.
    Nov 9, 2012. 10:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NeoStem to Create Value with Billion Dollar Potential [View article]
    What do you mean by "pumped"? That's insane!!! Take a look at any cell therapy company: STEM, CUR, OSIR, PSTI, etc. All of them get a lot of coverage because it's a controversial space, yet promising. There are a lot of opinions, and there are new developments on a daily basis. NeoStem, in particular, has announced more major developments in the last two months than in the previous two yearsm so of course it's going to earn a lot of coverage/opinions.
    Nov 7, 2012. 05:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • NeoStem to Create Value with Billion Dollar Potential [View article]
    Nov 7, 2012. 12:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NeoStem to Create Value with Billion Dollar Potential [View article]
    At first, I thought the company would reverse the stock. To me, it doesn't matter either way because it does not affect the valuation of the company. But once I learned that the authorization was part of the company's business meeting, but that it does not plan to execute, there is no reason to believe they will reverse the stock.

I agree with you about NBS having a fantastic product. The stock will ultimately take care of itself which is another reason that I doubt the company reverses the stock.
    Nov 7, 2012. 11:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NeoStem to Create Value with Billion Dollar Potential [View article]
    A pump article? No, not a pump article! I wrote an article saying that the company would reverse the stock, but after it causing commotion, listening to readers, and reading the interview with Robin, I believe it is unlikely.

Why wouldn't you trust Robin? What has she done? All she has done in 2012 is strengthen the company's balance sheet and its cash position while growing the manufacturing business.
    Nov 7, 2012. 11:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Neostem's Balancing Act A Boon For Shareholders [View article]
    A few weeks ago I wrote about the possibility of a reverse split being a possibility. After reading Dr Smith's recent interview, it is apparent, that it is not happening. The recent developments and announcements on AMR-001, VSEL technology advancements, the retirement of the preferred stock, and the revenue growth of PCT should really be the focus of those investing in NBS, not a reverse split that will not happen.

I will be writing another article on this, since it seems to have stirred up some rumors among investors.
    Nov 6, 2012. 03:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Possible Reverse Split Should Be The Catalyst Needed To Take NeoStem Shares Higher [View article]
    Hows it a short-term negative? NBS used money in escrow. They were paying investors in equity and have now redeemed the shares. There is no selling pressure. It creates support because there will not be selling pressure on a monthly basis due to the payment of stock
    Oct 30, 2012. 11:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The market's trading lower over the last month. I think NBS price action is a result of the market.
    Oct 30, 2012. 11:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Neostem is not on a downward trend. A higher stock price will draw more eyes to the stock. With its recent announcements the company should be clear over $1.00, at a higher price I think it would have seen more movement
    Oct 24, 2012. 11:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I doubt that it was due to anything else. I gave several examples. I also think it depends on the size of a company. If a company does a reverse split and has a market cap of just $50 million then I don't think it matters. But in the case of Neostem, it is already valued at more than $100 million, and is priced cheap compared to biotechnology stocks with similar valuations.

Some investors will not look at a company priced below $1.00, regardless of size or potential, nor will institutional investors. Therefore, it is a perception changer. Your argument is correct, the price of a stock doesn't matter, it's the market capitalization, but because of its psychological impact I do believe it is a catalyst.
    Oct 24, 2012. 11:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I think that it is fairly valued for the completion of an animal study. I think the company has promise and if it can prove that its cells work in a larger human study then it could become one of the best returns over the next five years.
    Oct 23, 2012. 12:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    brewbob, nice comment with SRPT, there are several great examples. I think a reverse-split will benefit everyone
    Oct 23, 2012. 09:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment