Amy Baldwin

View Amy Baldwin's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 5 Big Time Biotech Movers On Wednesday [View article]
    Based on the fact that I said "10% rally" should indicate that the article was written before its end of the day push. I am not trying to determine whether or not the stock is undervalued or the level of overall upside in shares of ITMN. Perhaps Wednesday was the start of a turnaround, and it will trade higher throughout the remainder of this year, I don't know. I simply mentioned that this is a stock that has traded in a steep downtrend for all of the last year, which is true. The stock briefly traded higher earlier this month following the news of the Canadian approval, which is true. My point was that because of its long-term trend that investors should be careful and understand that it's possible that ITMN was bouncing from the bottom with heavy volume (which did occur) but that it could continue its trend. Obviously the end of day rally, or push with higher volume, is a positive sign for ITMN,, but this had not occurred at the time that I wrote this piece. This is a very volatile stock, but because of its yearly loss it makes sense that rallies would be excessive, and investors should be careful. Hopefully, it reverses from this point and continues to trade higher. But this is a stock with a recent history of decent pops, ever-so-often, only to sell-off. Until a more significant uptrend is realized I would watch it closely. Like I said, hopefully this is the reverse and shareholders of ITMN will finally be rewarded.
    Oct 18 09:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Close Look At Home Depot: Cautiously Optimistic Outlook [View article]
    I can also tell a difference in the traffic at local HD stores. It seems that traffic has increased for the last year, but revenue remains near break even. I am curious to see when the company can grow its top line, because I don't think it could squeeze much higher margins.
    Oct 2 06:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Promising, Cheap, And Growing Cell Therapy Arena Continues To Outperform The Market [View article]
    I agree, not all will succeed.
    Oct 1 02:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree
    Oct 1 02:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Close Look At Home Depot: Cautiously Optimistic Outlook [View article]
    My reason for thinking it's a buy is because of the housing market. I think it could benefit HD
    Oct 1 02:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    NBS could very well triple or more. The company has a more diversified approach than any other company in the industry
    Sep 25 09:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The next Apple would be big shoes to follow. I believe it is a massive market and that we will see many approvals over the next five years. I also anticipate large pharma scooping in to buy cell therapy companies once approvals occur
    Sep 25 09:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Gold Mine In Biotechnology: The Companies Poised To Benefit [View article]
    There are many great opportunities in the space
    Sep 12 11:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Gold Mine In Biotechnology: The Companies Poised To Benefit [View article]
    It has only tested 16 patients. I think more is still needed, but if the larger trial is anywhere near as effective then I think we will see special attention from the FDA
    Sep 10 09:49 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Gold Mine In Biotechnology: The Companies Poised To Benefit [View article]
    I agree that more testing is needed, and you are right, I am not a scientist. I simply look for investments that I believe to be good values. As an investor I am encouraged that NeuVax's Phase 3 trial is almost developed from the strengths of its Phase 2 trial. It's not a guarantee, but still encouraging, especially due to the complexity of cancer.
    Sep 10 09:48 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Gold Mine In Biotechnology: The Companies Poised To Benefit [View article]
    As you know the biotechnology space is very large and just about any company can make its product sound promising. I have never looked into GNBT and judging by its performance alone it does appear as though it has failed to satisfy shareholders. I would however be interested in looking into the company, but at this point I have never studied it nor could I give a fair assessment.
    Sep 4 04:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dendreon Approaching End Of Road, While Other Immunotherapies Thrive [View article]
    Cheap and value are completely different. If a company is constantly losing money, and has shown no signs of profitability, then I am not certain that you can make a case that it is worth any amount of money, much less an investment. It would be different if there was a clear path to profitability, but with JNJ and MDVN creeping in the shadows it's impossible to know what the future holds.
    Aug 1 11:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Piem, your suggestions seem reasonable.
    Aug 1 11:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Over the last two years DNDN has made several efforts to improve its margins, and finally we saw progress during this recent quarter. But there is no way to know whether or not closing the facility will result in profitability, reduced COGS, or if it will benefit the company in any way. At this point it is speculation, but judging by the stock price, I'd say most aren't too confident, as much of its reaction was due to its restructuring and a lack of faith among shareholders
    Aug 1 11:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    DNDN needs somewhere between $450 and $500 million in sales to reach profitability. The COGS are too high, and are a crucial part of the due diligence that any biotech investor should perform before investing in a stock
    Aug 1 11:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment