Amy Baldwin

View Amy Baldwin's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Dendreon Approaching End Of Road, While Other Immunotherapies Thrive [View article]
    Analysis of DNDN wasn't necessarily the goal. Anyone who follows GALE knows that everytime DNDN falls to a large degree GALE is never far behind. My purpose was to show that there are few to no similarities between the two companies. BTW I did read Brian Nichols' article and it was good, and provided the DNDN analysis that you, or a DNDN investor, may seek. I also read Cohen's remarks, and he makes good points, as an investor in DNDN.
    Aug 1, 2012. 11:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Stem Cells Becoming The Next Bull Market In The Biotech Space? [View article]
    It is a large space, and Sangamo has been a nice performer in 2012, perhaps in a future article?
    Jul 30, 2012. 08:15 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree and as technology improves and more funding becomes available I look for cell therapies to enter most markets in the next 5-10 years. There is a huge demand as the therapies would benefit all who as of now have few choices of treatment
    Jul 30, 2012. 08:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I apologize for the late response. I haven't been available today. This is a mistake on my part, I had thought the studies were active. I apologize, but appreciate you noticing and bringing to my attention the error. It should be corrected in the next 10 minutes. Thanks again.
    Jul 30, 2012. 08:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Momentum Stocks With Pullbacks That Could Be Your Opportunity [View article]
    I guess you are right. Besides DNDN no other group of investors have had to endure as many ups and downs. Good points
    Jul 26, 2012. 02:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    sts66, you are now putting words in my mouth. I have not mentioned profits because the margins are unknown. As for the Citron Report, I only acknowledged that the report is what killed the stock,and might I add the timing of the "report" was quite typical. Same situation for QCOR. Citron is a known short seller and every analyst who has come to the defense of VVUS or QCOR has stated the fact.
    Jul 26, 2012. 02:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    You have every right to be long ARNA and I think you will make a lot of money with ARNA. Just remember, it doesn't have European approval at this time, and as of now, other companies are wishing they were out of Europe, not in Europe. Europe has an unprecidented unemployment rate, therefore consumers may not be able to afford the luxury of a weight loss drug. As a result Europe could be a big miss,, which is a scenario that ARNA investors fail to explore. I am not saying it will happen, but definitely a possibility. Companies in Europe are the ones trading with large loss, ARNA is better off to stay in US until Europe settles down.
    Jul 26, 2012. 11:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree and thank you
    Jul 26, 2012. 11:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I think it's funny that this article was about 5 companies, not one. Shows the level of insanity surrounding VVUS and ARNA, which is why I said "The last thing I want to do is debate which drug is better, lorcaserin or Qnexa, or which has the most upside." Investors are simply too emotional and illogical or unwilling to accept or even acknowledge that its competitor could experience equal or even greater success
    Jul 26, 2012. 11:24 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    An author recently published a very good article on the partnership and breaks down the deal. I suggest you read it here on SA
    Jul 26, 2012. 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Good points. If a company is buying its own shares it's always a good sign. Acthar has potential beyond our current knowledge or expectations. The indications for use are seemingly endless
    Jul 26, 2012. 11:20 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    You are entitled to your opinion. I personally don't know which will perform better. I suspect equal in first year, and then it is anyone's race. However, I prefer IMUC over all others, as far as upside.
    Jul 26, 2012. 11:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I have already addressed this issue. But both stocks are more than worthy of its market cap. Both drugs, combined, could easily create $5 billion in sales. I think one or the other will become REGN within next two years, but which one is anyone's guess
    Jul 26, 2012. 11:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sales growth, shipments, and hiring is explosive. What else matters? It was trading bearish before earnings, there are no problems.It will recover
    Jul 26, 2012. 11:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    My goal was not to analyze all the problems of EITHER drug. ARNA has just as many problems as VVUS, neither are perfect. But no biotechnology stock is perfect heading into a product launch. I only acknowledged facts, I don't want to speculate. If the two drugs create equal revenue, then ARNA only keeps about 35%, versus VVUS keeping 100%. ARNA will have better margins with lower costs, however I already acknowledged this fact
    Jul 26, 2012. 11:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment