Amy Baldwin

View Amy Baldwin's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Galena Biopharma's NeuVax Vaccine: What To Know Before You Invest [View article]
    Robert Schwartz, while you bring up several good discussion topics, nothing in this piece is new. All of this information has been argued and debated over and over and over again. So I am not really sure of the purpose to this article.
    Everyone knows that the phase two trial was to investigate NeuVax’s best use. The company found that using the vaccine on those with lower levels of HER2 was more effective. Anyone who has followed the stock knows the number of differences between the phase two and phase three PRESENT trial. I think one writer put it, “this trial is built around NeuVax’s strengths while the other was not”
    GALE is at the very least worth a small investment, and I think the comments and articles provided by Rich Steffens are much more thorough, thoughtful, and useful to those seeking an unbiased opinion, as he does not currently own shares.
    In regards to you Mr. Schwartz, I am very interested in your motives. I’ve never seen you cover Galena in the past and for a “30 year veteran of the Pharmaceutical Industry” who was most recently in the role of “Executive Director, Strategic Transactions for Bristol-Myers Squibb Company”, why would you even waste your time with such research on a small little company like Galena Biopharma, especially if you are “betting’ against its success? It doesn’t make sense.
    If you really do speak frequently about the dynamics and evolving research and treatment paradigms in oncology then you’d know that in oncology, when treating a disease such as cancer, there are no rules, no consistencies, and that we have not yet found a cure. If you were unbiased and without a position long or “short”, then you’d be much more receptive to the idea of Galena’s strategy in preventing, not treating, breast cancer.
    In my opinion, there were too many inconsistencies in this piece for it to be believable. I’ve already seen several people point out incorrect numbers, data, etc. This leads me to think that this was just some thrown together article with the main objective being to cause the stock to fall lower. Everyone knows that Galena is volatile, and it always humors me how everytime it reaches $2.10 there is a new contributor who rises with the same spin but different words on why GALE will fail.
    Honestly, I would respect you much more if you’d just come out and add a disclosure saying, “I am publishing this article on March 13 because on the 15th my, or my employers, put options expire and I need the stock to be under $2”. Then, I would have a great deal of respect for your work, because at least you’ be honest. As far as I can see, four of your five articles follow the same pattern: Bearish articles the day(s) before you need a stock to drop on volatile stocks GALE, PPHM, NLNK, and also ZIOP on March 14. Come on…. Give me a break!!! The really sad thing is that the stock did fall lower, that means there is no doubt that you’ll be at it again with some other stock in a couple weeks.
    Mar 14 06:19 PM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Other Side Of Galena Biopharma [View article]
    I find it completely unprofessional and reprehensible that Seeking Alpha published this and that PropThink wrote the original article. As a person who has seen the effects of breast cancer first hand, it devestates me to see a company that has gone through all of the FDA and regulatory processes for their product, only to be harmed by a journalist with an obvious agenda. I see absolutely no merit in the articles that have been published and considering that legal action is pending am surprised that this was published today. Shareholders, investors and those suffering from cancer are being negatively affected by an article deemed libel by Galena's legal team.
    Nov 15 11:51 AM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cancer Biotech Oncothyreon Extremely Undervalued [View article]
    I believe you are overstating ONTY's cash position and understating GALE's. There is a major difference, in my opinion, of cash and cash equivalents. ONTY has enough cash for 9 more months based on the filing you referenced in your article. "Oncothyreon estimates that its existing cash, cash equivalents and investments will be sufficient to fund operations for at least the next 12 months." That was dated Nov 7th. GALE on the other hand, has approximately $40 mil in cash after their recent financing. That is significantly higher than the $15 mil you stated in the article.
    Feb 26 11:58 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Beware: Highly Promoted Galena Biopharma Keeps Moving Higher [View article]
    It's sad that this team of people that write misleading statements, has set back Galena 20 steps in the march towards discovering a cure for cancer. 200k women are diagnosed each year with breast cancer, the disease not only affects them, but their families as well. It's devastating to all.
    Financing is a reality associated with most biotech companies. Without the proper funding, progress towards a cure halts. The stock price may lower in the short term after a financing deal, but the long run benefits of taking a viable product to market far outweigh that. Those holding long will be rewarded.
    Mar 23 10:40 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Celebrating Breast Cancer Awareness With A Great Year Of Clinical Breakthroughs [View article]
    I do specialize in statistical analysis, and I have taken ALL statistics into account when forming my opinion regarding GALE. I do not hold the opinions of Adam F higher than any others.

I have looked at both sides and my belief is that bears only want to look at the combined results of the Phase 2 trial (which was one recurrence shy of being statistically significant) and the bulls only focus on the subgroup of patients where results were most impressive for GALE.

Here is my take: If GALE's Phase 3 trial was testing both node-positive and node-negative patients, only one-third were optimally dosed and receiving booster shots, then I would too be negative about Galena's shot in Phase 3.

However, in the Phase 3 trial, all patients will receive boosters and will be optimally dosed, and only node-positive patients will be enrolled. In this patient population, NeuVax decreased recurrence by nearly 80% compared to the control group! This subgroup is what formed the Phase 3 study. Thus, I will be a bull.

With that said, I believe there is a 75% chance that NeuVax will be statistically significant in its Phase 3 trial. A 75% chance more than supports an investment in a $200m company that has a multi-billion dollar product.
    Oct 6 04:54 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Undervalued Immunotherapy Picks [View article]
    What is wrong with the information you cite? I'd love to find more biotechnology companies in late phase development that spend just $6.4 million per year. Most spend $6.4mm per quarter. ONCS will be able to continue operations until data is announced, at that point the company's valuation will be changed
    Apr 16 10:36 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Gold Mine In Biotechnology: The Companies Poised To Benefit [View article]
    I agree that more testing is needed, and you are right, I am not a scientist. I simply look for investments that I believe to be good values. As an investor I am encouraged that NeuVax's Phase 3 trial is almost developed from the strengths of its Phase 2 trial. It's not a guarantee, but still encouraging, especially due to the complexity of cancer.
    Sep 10 09:48 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Stem Cells Becoming The Next Bull Market In The Biotech Space? [View article]
    It is a large space, and Sangamo has been a nice performer in 2012, perhaps in a future article?
    Jul 30 08:15 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Momentum Stocks With Pullbacks That Could Be Your Opportunity [View article]
    I think it's funny that this article was about 5 companies, not one. Shows the level of insanity surrounding VVUS and ARNA, which is why I said "The last thing I want to do is debate which drug is better, lorcaserin or Qnexa, or which has the most upside." Investors are simply too emotional and illogical or unwilling to accept or even acknowledge that its competitor could experience equal or even greater success
    Jul 26 11:24 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Breast Cancer Drugs That Could Boost Your Portfolio [View article]
    Good catch! Thank you and thanks for reading! By the way, I think you mean "misspelled". ;)

I have submitted for my spelling error to be corrected.
    Dec 12 01:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I was about to mention Acadia. He was also bearish of ACAD before data. We all see the end of that story
    Oct 6 04:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Undervalued Immunotherapy Picks [View article]
    You are way wrong. Look through the company's board and scientific team, many of which were at Inovio. At Inovio it looks as though there was a change of opinion regarding development. ONCS went with the electroporation and I feel confident that ONCS will have a product to market long before INO
    Apr 16 10:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Following The Smart Money In The Intellectual Property Battle [View article]
    Because I left out one company that wanted to be included? It's a broad market, you can't get every one!
    Feb 28 03:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Galena Biopharma: Recent Developments Paint A Picture Of The Year Ahead [View article]
    The SPA has to do with trial design and does not affect the stock price. The company currently has $15 million in cash, we don't know the financial terms of the Teva deal, so the company will probably run out of cash in Q2 or Q3 of next year. But it is very possible that the company finds new partners by then to help with costs. The boosters are given throughout the treatment, every six months as a form of maintenance. These boosters were not given in the Phase 2 trial but have benefit to improving the results
    Dec 11 09:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Galena Biopharma: Catalysts Have Led Its Stock Higher [View article]
    A trial is to study a product and identify its best methods of use. Galena seems to have found the answer, and I'm sure those who are yet to recur and have taken NeuVax would agree. There are patients who are relying on this treatment and are counting on it to be successful, some of which can't afford traditional treatment, therefore they enroll in a clinical study. Articles such as yours serve no purpose but to hurt investors and patients, so a few can prosper. Haven't you already accomplished this goal?
    Nov 13 10:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment