Anastasios Dimopoulos

View Anastasios Dimopoulos' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Alpha Bank: Arbitrage Trade Between The ADR And The Ordinary Shares [View article]
    What disappointment are you talking about? I was short at an average price of about $0.52 and covered at $0.175. Judging by your two comments on this article it seems like you are an armchair philosopher.
    Aug 8, 2013. 05:50 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Books re-open July 22.

Jul 17, 2013. 09:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    The books will re-open probably by mid-July. If there still is any premium it will collapse because the depositary will buy common stock and create new ADRs.
    Jun 25, 2013. 07:51 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    The books will probably re-open by mid July and if there is any premium then, it will collapse. The premium is so large right now that I think the risk/reward of a potential buyin is acceptable.
    Jun 18, 2013. 03:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Revolution Lighting Technologies: Priced To Perfection Based On Fully Diluted Market Capitalization [View article]
    Not either. RVLT is so overpriced that I didn't do any peer analysis.
    May 2, 2013. 05:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I haven't looked at it.
    May 2, 2013. 03:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Invest In Caesars Entertainment And Its New Growth Partner Venture [View article]
    Chris,

"This new joint venture could greatly take away the debt problems that Caesars has."

Can you please share your calculations that support your statement above?
    Apr 24, 2013. 09:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Do you know what a buy-in is?
    Apr 11, 2013. 06:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Just for the record. If I still had a position I would have closed it today near my average cost, not because the value of the company changed but because I don't argue with the market. I don't have a position because it was bought-in at a minor profit a few days after this article.

If there are shares available to borrow I may short it again if it breaks out to new highs.
    Apr 10, 2013. 06:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • National Bank Of Greece: Asymmetric Risk/Reward Short Trade Before Recapitalization [View article]
    In some of my other comments above I have stated my view that Greek banks will need more capital in the future. They may hide this fact for quite a long time again through liquidity injections but I don't invest based on perception.
    Apr 9, 2013. 07:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    MIdpoint of €0.22 and €0.49 almost reached today at the Athens Stock Exchange. NBG is trading limit down at €0.364.
    Apr 8, 2013. 03:47 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    There may be growth but you are paying dearly for it years in advance at current prices.
    Apr 2, 2013. 11:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You are right that this statement may be an exaggeration. I just wanted to make clear that the stock price has already discounted years of very positive future operating performance.
    Mar 31, 2013. 08:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    If the past is not indicative of the future then I don't understand why you write about Robert Lapenta's past successes.
    Mar 31, 2013. 08:07 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The bank is going to do a general meeting soon and announce the terms of the recapitalization. The new share price issuance will be most probably under €0.50 since the 50 SMA is €0.98 currently. Soon the stock will be below the highest target which is €0.49 and some short covering would be prudent. It makes no difference to me if the bank shows profits. I don't buy banks. I am moving on to other opportunities.
    Mar 30, 2013. 08:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment