Anastasios Dimopoulos

View Anastasios Dimopoulos' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Invest In Caesars Entertainment And Its New Growth Partner Venture [View article]
    Chris,

"This new joint venture could greatly take away the debt problems that Caesars has."

Can you please share your calculations that support your statement above?
    Apr 24 09:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Revolution Lighting Technologies: Priced To Perfection Based On Fully Diluted Market Capitalization [View article]
    Do you know what a buy-in is?
    Apr 11 06:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Just for the record. If I still had a position I would have closed it today near my average cost, not because the value of the company changed but because I don't argue with the market. I don't have a position because it was bought-in at a minor profit a few days after this article.

If there are shares available to borrow I may short it again if it breaks out to new highs.
    Apr 10 06:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • National Bank Of Greece: Asymmetric Risk/Reward Short Trade Before Recapitalization [View article]
    In some of my other comments above I have stated my view that Greek banks will need more capital in the future. They may hide this fact for quite a long time again through liquidity injections but I don't invest based on perception.
    Apr 9 07:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    MIdpoint of €0.22 and €0.49 almost reached today at the Athens Stock Exchange. NBG is trading limit down at €0.364.
    Apr 8 03:47 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    There may be growth but you are paying dearly for it years in advance at current prices.
    Apr 2 11:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You are right that this statement may be an exaggeration. I just wanted to make clear that the stock price has already discounted years of very positive future operating performance.
    Mar 31 08:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    If the past is not indicative of the future then I don't understand why you write about Robert Lapenta's past successes.
    Mar 31 08:07 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The bank is going to do a general meeting soon and announce the terms of the recapitalization. The new share price issuance will be most probably under €0.50 since the 50 SMA is €0.98 currently. Soon the stock will be below the highest target which is €0.49 and some short covering would be prudent. It makes no difference to me if the bank shows profits. I don't buy banks. I am moving on to other opportunities.
    Mar 30 08:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    The article was based on information that was right at the time but as I mention in the comments the recap terms were changed. You can read a new article describing the new terms:

NBG has no value. It will do more capital raises in the future as losses from the loan portfolio are realized. I think it will drift lower for some years.
    Jan 11 04:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CombiMatrix Skyrockets After Important Medical Publication [View article]
    Seems more like a pump and dump play to me.

A 5% holder sold everything

Over 2M potential new shares with a cost of about $2

Dec 11 01:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Virtual Piggy: Overpriced And Ready For A Significant Drop [View instapost]
    New shares were issued at $0.70

Dec 4 12:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The recapitalization terms are more favorable than they should be without this meaning that whoever participates is going to make money. I believe that there will a lot more losses to be recognized for years to come. If as you say you don't understand what happened just stay away from it. It's a certain way to not lose money.
    Nov 15 05:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    They haven't sold their Turkish subsidiary. I didn't mention the facts you write about because they are irrelevant to the article's quantitative approach. The problems in Greece overshadow any benefits from abroad and this is obvious from the financial statements.
    Nov 15 05:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Correction

The lesser of:

a. 50% discount of the 50 DMA

b. The closing price preceding the announcement of the capital increase.
    Nov 14 11:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment