Anchorite

View Anchorite's Comments BY TICKER:

• Why Intel Could Really Sell 30 Million Smartphone Processors [View article]
    Puhleez, spare me,
    "Krzanich has the charm to win the support of the leaders of the world's biggest phone vendors. "
    To think for one nanosecond that Asian phone manufacturers would be unduly influenced by BK is borderline silly. They want low cost and Intel wants high-margin those are not compatible win-win goals.
    May 3, 2015. 08:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This High-Dividend Stock Yields 8%, Has 30%-Plus Cash Flow Growth And Goes Ex-Dividend This Week [View article]
    If it goes ex-dividend this week doesn't that mean two dividends before Aug 22?
    May 3, 2015. 06:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IBM: Sometimes Flat Is Good - 9 Positive Points From Q1 Conference Call [View article]
    3wall, agreed not ongoing but a significant boost to 2015-2016 business.
    Thanks for commenting,
    Anchor
    Apr 27, 2015. 06:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Conference Call: Much Ado About Nothing [View article]
    mapz, I agree certainly about Intel management.
    Thanks for commenting,
    Anchor
    Apr 27, 2015. 06:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Woes For Intel: Chip, Chip, Chipping Away At Chipzilla [View article]
    Bill you are right, from Micron's Kevin Kilbuck node is unknown but greater than 20nm:
    We aren’t revealing the dimensions of the cell at this point, but I can tell you it will be larger than 20nm.
    Apr 25, 2015. 08:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Woes For Intel: Chip, Chip, Chipping Away At Chipzilla [View article]
    rsa, IM got it thanks.
    Apr 25, 2015. 07:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron, Intel, Microsoft And The Coming PC Refresh [View article]
    Tree , 70+ is where it all comes back to you - the dust I mean other stuff not so much.
    Apr 25, 2015. 07:16 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron, Intel, Microsoft And The Coming PC Refresh [View article]
    RSA, I hate to be a skunk at the Intel picnic (I Know, too late) but let’s look at what management says as opposed to what SA Contributors say.
    Stacy Smith Intel CFO on April 14, 2015.
    “Turning to the full year 2015. We expect revenue to be approximately flat to 2014, down from the prior guidance mid-single-digit percentage growth. We’re now projecting a mid-single-digit decline in the overall PC market.”
    Doesn’t sound like SkyLake or W10 will have much effect on PC sales this year.
    As for NAND keep in mind what Micron’s CEO Mark Durcan said on April 1:
    “3D will be a meaningful percentage of our trade NAND supply in calendar 2016 and will represent a majority of our bits during 2017.”
    Call me cynical but my guess is most of the “meaningful” will be in the 2nd half of 2016 and the majority of the “majority” will be in the 2nd half of 2017 so more than 2 years away.
    No I am not biased against Intel:
    “As I have said repeatedly in my previous articles critical of Intel I think they are a great company with huge potential. “
    So the refresh might be coming but probably not this year.
    For LEAP investors I would wait for 2018 LEAPS to be available.
    And by the way SanDisk has a 2TB SSD drive using 2d planar.
    Thanks, Anchor
    Apr 25, 2015. 07:12 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    vandooman, I agree but I am only looking out to 2017 so I think it can grow fast enough to make a difference in the stock price between now and then.
    Thanks for commenting,
    Anchor
    Apr 25, 2015. 03:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Woes For Intel: Chip, Chip, Chipping Away At Chipzilla [View article]
    Bill, sorry but I am unable to de-acronym IM? 384Gb means Samsung but the 20nm connection I have missed. Sorry I am late to reply no comments showed up on my authors list for this article.
    Thanks,
    Anchor
    Apr 24, 2015. 07:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    3wall,
    a. IBM treads water on the adjusted top line
    That's a lot better than down which is my point.

b. The mainframe numbers should be viewed within the context of replacing what is already installed.
    Of course most sales are replacement what matters is the add on services that will boost sales going forward.

c. The strategic imperatives are not measured like any other vendor and inflated by tagging some of the hardware sales
    If cloud is up 70%, or 35% or whatever I don't care whats included it means it is growing rapidly that is the point. Now if you are claiming for ex. that last years cloud did not include hardware and this year's does that is a different issue but I don't think that's what you are saying.
    Thanks for commenting,
    Anchor
    Apr 24, 2015. 07:03 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Jeff, thanks.
    Anchor
    Apr 24, 2015. 03:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Cap, good point that makes sense.
    Thanks for commenting,
    Anchor
    Apr 24, 2015. 03:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Conference Call: Much Ado About Nothing [View article]
    rsa, no Intel bias I have repeatedly said they are a great company. My problem is with the management I find them less than forthright. Call me cynical but if they could of shipped the first week of the quarter they would somehow have moved it to the last week of March then they could have said "We started shipping last quarter".
    Thanks for commenting,
    Anchor
    Apr 22, 2015. 05:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Conference Call: Much Ado About Nothing [View article]
    Cinci, you are absolutely correct SA transcript was wrong paragraph has been removed, my fault.
    Thanks for commenting,