Anchorite

View Anchorite's Comments BY TICKER:

• Further Proof That Sprint Needs Spectrum [View article]
    I am sure all the commentators and the author are very smart but when it comes to spectrum and the future of mobile I will ride with the two smartest guys in the business Masayoshi Son and Marcelo Claure. If you think they haven't figured out how to go forward for the next 5 years you are very naive.
    May 27, 2015. 08:48 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Is History [View article]
    Author, correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Novell had 3.6B in cash and short term investments, was cash flow positive and was buying back stock.
    May 26, 2015. 06:53 PM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SK Hynix Q1 Results Are Ominous For Micron [View article]
    SE good analysis I agree. There is no "there" there at least not yet. Maybe 6 months, maybe longer MU may be attractive. No hurry because not much is going to happen price wise between now and then.
    May 26, 2015. 10:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Faster, Longer, And Still Fatty: McDonald's New Menu [View article]
    Colorado, LOL great article. Please post a picture of your hamburger with bacon. My Pavlovian response is causing drooling.
    May 25, 2015. 06:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: Samsung Is Working On A Tablet With An Atom X5 Processor And 4GB Of RAM [View article]
    Intel sold 46 million mobile processors with contra revenue over 1B in 2014 that's a lot more than $3 unit.
    May 25, 2015. 08:49 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Political Backlash Against Renewable Energy Comes Too Late [View article]
    << If you want to believe oil industry propaganda, go ahead. I'll be glad to take your money.
    No actually I will believe physics you believe whatever you want. Nothing wrong with religion.
    May 23, 2015. 06:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gilead, Merck And Achillion/J&J Square Off In An HCV 'Nuc'lear Showdown [View article]
    Best piece I have ever read on SA bar none.
    Kudos and thanks.
    Anchorite
    May 21, 2015. 06:36 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Micron Becalmed - 'A Painted Ship On A Painted Ocean' [View article]
    Sounds to me like selling Jan 2016 puts for about $2.25 would be a good play here.
    May 15, 2015. 05:37 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This High-Dividend Stock Yields Over 10%, Has 20% Dividend Growth, Will Pay A Special Dividend In 2015 [View article]
    If they distribute special dividend as stock doesn't that dilute book value?
    May 10, 2015. 08:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Awilco Drilling: A Way To Arbitrage 2015 Oil Prices? [View article]
    DT, I agree right on the money.
    Thanks for commenting.
    Anchor
    May 9, 2015. 07:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Updating My Investment Thesis On McDonald's [View article]
    No kidding not literal?
    " 'To set up the duck' is an idiom (not literal);"
    My guess it is about the ducks you see ( or used to see) at fairs and carnivals. You shoot them down then you "set them back up' so they can be shot down again. Or perhaps the hunters idiom, "set the ducks up" so you can shoot the real ducks when they come to looksee at the "set up " ducks. Not a compliment in either case.
    May 9, 2015. 06:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The All-Defensive Team: 20 Safe Dividend Stocks For An Uncertain Market (Part 4) [View article]
    I would say at this point the "All Defensive Team" is cash.
    May 6, 2015. 08:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Awilco Drilling: A Way To Arbitrage 2015 Oil Prices? [View article]
    M I agree top notch. Of course when you own 43% you probably pay very close attention to everything which I like a lot.
    Thanks for commenting,