Andre Zannoni

View Andre Zannoni's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Gogo: Excellent Entry Point For Long-Term Opportunistic Investors [View article]
    They get a 20% revenue share.
    May 13, 2014. 03:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gogo: Expect The Unexpected [View article]
    That is a good question. I like VSAT as well. Definitely moving forward we will start to see more competition in this industry. What I like about GOGO is that the company has been pioneering this business and has been working on securing different contracts with a range of airlines, and we will see them trying to capture the international market aggressively. As I said many times, this is a long term investment and I think that in the long run they will do well. As you said, let's see what's plays out.
    Dec 10, 2013. 11:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gogo: Expect The Unexpected [View article]
    Totally agree. I would go crazy with no internet either. Especially on long flights.
    Nov 14, 2013. 05:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    TimeOnTarget Thank you!
    I was lucky to find out about the company when it hit 10 bucks. Definitely being a winner for me so far. However it is a long term play, not short term even if it might see a pull back sometimes.
    Nov 13, 2013. 06:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gogo: Expect The Unexpected [View article]
    dpjacob, during Q2 earnigs call the CEO pointed out how precious GOGO's platform is to advertisers. People are going to be "stuck" at their seats so advertisers can target those people and certain specific segments as well. I am sure they have contract and will get revenue from advertising.
    Nov 13, 2013. 03:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gogo: Expect The Unexpected [View article]
    Douglas I found more data: revenue share with airlines is 20% of all connectivity revenue, which GOGO report on a quarterly basis.
    Nov 1, 2013. 05:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gogo: Expect The Unexpected [View article]
    As you pointed out the technology makes a huge difference. I like ENT and if they keep doing things right, I can see them becoming a major player in the in-flight wireless industry.
    Thanks for sharing the article.

ENT Stock price has been pretty much flat for the past year and half. Do you have in mind a target price for the company?
    Oct 31, 2013. 06:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gogo: Expect The Unexpected [View article]
    HI kevclem, thank you. I wish I could find more data on how much profits do arilines make from GOGO's partnership. Will keep researching.
    Oct 31, 2013. 04:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gogo: Expect The Unexpected [View article]
    Yes the valuation for ENT is more atttractive and the future looks good for them.
    Will try to work on GOGO valuation and see if I come up with something that makes sense.
    Oct 30, 2013. 05:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gogo: Expect The Unexpected [View article]
    kmTroy, thank for pointing that out.
    ENT is a good company and seems that they actually provide a largest content selection. ENT is actually another company that I like, in fact they are expected to be profitable next year, and on their balance sheet they have $8 million in debt compared to $245 million of GOGO.

The challenge that I had is to find a valuation for the company. As you said it will take a while for the company to show positive EBTIDA. My thoughts are that IPO are often mispriced and when GOGO dipped below $10, it seemed like a good entry point given the growth strategy of the company.

The company is constantly trying to improve their technolgy and by 2014 they should roll out with GOGO GTO or Gogo Ground to Orbit wich will increase the speed of wireless in flight from 10Mbps to 60Mbps. As long as they keep improving I am sure they will kep up with technology changes.
    Oct 28, 2013. 06:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gogo: Expect The Unexpected [View article]
    EconomicJustice, thanks for your comment. That is a good question.
    As industry pioneer GOGO is definitely well positioned at the moment. They have been constantly trying to upgrade and innovate their service to better increase the quality and the market share and therefore become very experienced in the in-flight wireless segment. I guess that a bigger company could duplicate the business but GOGO has been very proactive in securing contract with major airlines. I think their competitive advantage is in their technology and experience. If we look at threats, GOOGLE loon project would actually be the one that could created some competition to GOGO leading business by offering lower prices. As said in a previous comment, i definitely don't exclude the possibility for major communication companies to fight for GOGO acquisition's in the future. Time will tell.

For the international expansion, GOGO has secured satellite agreements in place with SES specifically to cover over the Atlantic Ocean and Europe. Also an agreement with Intelsat for coverage over northern Pacific oceans, South America, Asia, Africa and Australia. Having secured this contract for Ku-band satellites, they are now able to work towards international expansion and they are already working with Japan air and Air France.
    I like their aggressive growth strategy to completely dominate the in-flight wireless business.
    Oct 28, 2013. 03:42 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hi atombob,
    thanks for pointing that out. Ripplewood Holdings and Thorne Oakleigh have financed Aircell (GOGO before rebranding) of about 600 million therefore they have been invested for quite a while. Having a high concentrated ownership hasn't seemed to be bad for the company so far. The fact that they own a big chuck would suggest to me that they would try do keep doing the best they can to return value to shareholders. Aside from the major holders, the board of directors seems wells diversified and brings to the table experienced CEO's and executives from airlines and communication business.
    Oct 28, 2013. 03:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gogo: Expect The Unexpected [View article]
    Xyq11, thanks for your thoughts.
    Absolutely, that is a very possible option for big players. If they keep growing and profiting from this specific market, they will definitely attract some attention. Their aggressive expansion strategy could be very well targeting a buy-out for the future. Now the big question is, how much GOGO is or can be worth. I am working on a fair price target scenario.
    Oct 26, 2013. 05:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gogo: Expect The Unexpected [View article]
    Douglas, thanks for your comment. The pricing is not too bad and it goes by time and not minutes. It is $14 per session (24 hours), which means you would benefit more if you are stuck on a 10 hours flight or if you have multiple flights the same day. The other option is $49.95 monthly with unlimited access, so if you travel a lot that makes more sense.
    Totally agree with high cost phones, way too expensive, so that is where GOGO could make a difference, briging the possibility to stay connected in-flight to more people.

For the survey I dint find a data that would specify that people considered cost. It purely showed how much people value in-flight wireless, so i am not sure if they makes they comments based on free wi-fi or at a cost. However there is a lot of demand for it and by creating a stream of revenue it could be a win-win situation for everyone.

The revenue cut from airlines is a very good question. I ve been trying to find a percentage or a number associate to those contracts but wasn't able to. I will definitely keep looking into it and hopefully find some data. GOGO is definitely making it appealing to arlines for creating new stream of revenue by offering this service. Better fliying experience, more loyalty.
    Will keep you posted.
    Oct 26, 2013. 04:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Gogo: Expect The Unexpected [View article]
    David, thanks for your comment. Yes, in Q2 they finally show that they can make money. With all the contracts they secured since then, (Virgin air, All State, ext...) and the aggressive developemnt that they are trying to make, I think Q3 will be very interesting and we can see where they are heading. I was lucky enought to find out about this company at $9.70 per share but the future could be very bright.
    Oct 25, 2013. 03:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment