Andreas Hopf

View Andreas Hopf's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why Nokia Is Fairly Valued [View article]
    What? Nokia sold the Lumina range to Mircosoft? I did not know!
    Apr 18 02:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Reasons Arcam AB Remains A Strong Buy [View article]
    Mind you, Materialise NV is a top service bureau, not a software company. Autodesk, Dassault, PTC are 3D modeling software businesses, for example.
    Apr 18 02:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Advanced Micro Devices beats by $0.02, beats on revenue [View news story]
    Rory Read and Devinder Kumar were drawling so soothingly confident that I fell asleep during the call, no screeching Stacy Rasgon throwing sonic frags into my dreams of endless ARM server farms, receding all the way to the horizon's curvature. Must be a good sign.
    Apr 17 07:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Advanced Micro Devices beats by $0.02, beats on revenue [View news story]
    If we in Europe are allowed to enjoy the upside when trading commences on Tuesday 08:00, I will indeed get out. This is clearly not a stock to hold longer term.
    Apr 17 06:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Advanced Micro Devices beats by $0.02, beats on revenue [View news story]
    I have been fooled three times so far. Earnings releases on NASDAQ, after we in Europe can't trade, on a Friday or the day before a holiday. With AMD, I can only remain skeptical, because of the more-than-thou market movements we have seen over the last 12 months.
    Apr 17 05:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Advanced Micro Devices beats by $0.02, beats on revenue [View news story]
    Algorithms at work, oddball after hours up and down spikes, no? I have seen it three times now: stock goes up, smaller players and retailers lured in, and on Tuesday, after Easter - the big sell-off, as usual. Too bad I can't sell now with a few hundred BK cheeseburgers for profit. Aftermarket trading already closed in Europe and on Tuesday, it will be too late.
    Apr 17 05:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Reasons Arcam AB Remains A Strong Buy [View article]
    SLM has, in my view, a somewhat peculiar company history. SLM also sells other common rapid prototyping solutions, which are actually in higher demand, such as vacuum casting (benefit compared to 3DP: one can use the exact plastics formulations as used in mass production, not limited to the extremely narrow and underperforming selection of 3DP plastics).

I have mixed feelings about service bureaux and smaller regional players filing for an IPO since Voxeljet AG set the precedent. On the one hand, smaller players need cash to expand, on the other hand, they could be tempted to use the buzz surrounding anything even remotely related to additive fabrication to IPO. I will not buy SLM shares; but I would seriously consider buying Materialise NV's shares, should they IPO, because this is one of the best service bureaux you can find world wide, also offering the very many post-fabrication services needed in terms of surface finishing, electroplating, painting, etc.
    Apr 17 05:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Printing Debunked, Part 2: Industries [View article]
    Not so. Price-wise, it has been quite accessible for schools and fab-labs for since the last 5-7 years. Now, with a new market entrant from China nearly every month, the prices will come down for many types of machines. Which will predominantly affect 3D Systems and Stratasys.

From Gartner: "In 2014, sales are expected to grow to 72,000 units." - and that is from all vendors, globally, combined.

There are already hundreds of used 3D printers, some of them very recent models, for sale on Ebay and Craigslist in the U.S. alone - I wonder why that is...
    Apr 17 04:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Printing Debunked, Part 2: Industries [View article]
    I would not call it advice. The purpose of contrarian writing and contrarian reading is simply having a whetstone to sharpen one's very own investment thesis and to prevent oneself from accepting what the barrage of attention seeking popular media insinuates. That's all there is to it.
    Apr 17 04:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Reasons Arcam AB Remains A Strong Buy [View article]
    I was not wise at all. I just thought: no investor has ever died of profit taking. That's all.

But, yes, I would also like to see them going it alone, without being sucked into a big muddle of an organisation. I have my thoughts on why EOS and others never wanted to IPO.
    Apr 17 03:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Printing Debunked, Part 2: Industries [View article]
    I've said it before: I think DDD is a buy for its eventual break-up or take-over value. Once all the superfluous acquisitions, the CEO and CFO are trimmed off, the fat, so to speak, we're left with a digestible fillet.
    Apr 17 03:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Printing Debunked, Part 2: Industries [View article]

He's clearly a hamburger, not a knäckebröd.
    Apr 17 03:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Nokia Is Fairly Valued [View article]
    Get what?
    Apr 17 03:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Nokia Is Fairly Valued [View article]
    Media don't say. For them, it's "Nokia = electrocution". Not that it matters anyway. It's just the idiocy of all that attention-seeking media spin these days. No investigative journalism, only 140 character messages. What does not fit into a tweet these days has not happened, so it seems.
    Apr 17 03:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3D Systems: More Downside Ahead? [View article]
    Well, the SPLS five, three and one year chart points downwards. But SPLS is up 1% today! Maybe they began a clandestine dollar 3D printing operation?
    Apr 17 03:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment