Andreas Spiro

View Andreas Spiro's Comments BY TICKER:
  • After Bristol Myers' Bydureon Success, The Next Step Is Sustained Release Insulin [View article]
    See the cash and financings section. I believe another 10M financing was just made in addition though I'm not entirely certain. Judging by their staff and its experience as mentioned in the article, I'm willing to take a stake in the company.
    Apr 3 07:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A New Trial Combining Fabrus And Senseco Technologies May Be Close At Hand [View article]
    Slimmy -

Senesco will be the surviving entity of the merger according to the 8K. The stock will now carry the value of both companies but traded under the Senesco corporate shell.
    Feb 18 02:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Approaches To Retinitis Pigmentosa [View article]
    Zen -

If you look at some of my previous articles, I am not a big fan of government funding and don't see it as a good sign except in rare cases. I am also human and can't possibly include every relevant detail, sometimes I miss something. That's what the comments are for, so thank you for informing us. All articles are biased to some degree. I try to minimize it where I can. There is no such thing as complete objectivity.

Andreas
    Jan 3 03:31 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Apoptosis Succeed Where Other Cancer Treatments Haven't? Three Companies Trying [View article]
    I wish you a full recovery and years of health and happiness. Thank you for sharing.

Andreas
    Dec 12 03:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An In-Depth Look At 3 Companies Fighting GBM Brain Cancer [View article]
    Tuppy, your numbers for standard of care are inaccurate.
    Dec 12 03:48 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • An In-Depth Look At 3 Companies Fighting GBM Brain Cancer [View article]
    Very interesting. Thanks for the info.
    Dec 12 03:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An In-Depth Look At 3 Companies Fighting GBM Brain Cancer [View article]
    P Man -

Thanks for the info. Many times there are discrepancies between what the company claims and what the regulatory filings claim on clinicaltrials.gov regarding timelines. I usually go with the filings, though it's hard to know what to pick. I should have included both.
    Dec 12 03:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Fed Walks Into Two Sports Bars: Buffalo Wild Wings And Hooters Redux [View article]
    Bridge Bum -

When the government starts forcing banks to make loans, they'll make loans to insolvent borrowers, just like they did in the lead up to the 08 crash. The Fed cannot sell its bonds. That is impossible. It absolutely will not happen. If it does the price of bonds will fall through the floor and we will truly be at a bond Armageddon. The banks will not buy them anyway unless they are forced to, which could happen. But then the price of a bond will collapse again. There is no alternative, interest rates are about to skyrocket.
    Oct 9 11:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    That's one of the reasons why Chanticleer acquired American Roadside Burgers. To not miss out on the women demographic.
    Oct 9 11:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking For The Next Buffalo Wild Wings? Try Hooters [View article]
    You're welcome nbsharma. I appreciate your feedback and am glad you enjoyed it.
    Jul 3 03:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Looking For The Next Buffalo Wild Wings? Try Hooters [View article]
    Tim -

I'm not sure why the links didn't go directly to the income statement. Click on the links on the percentage figures in the article, scroll down a bit and click on the respective income statement links. Then divide restaurant sales by total operating expenses for each company.
    Jul 3 03:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • With A New Institutional Investor On Board, Northwest Biotherapeutics Breaks The Curse [View article]
    hautefear and trouble -

I could have gratuitously included many other companies and tickers in order to attract attention. If you read the article, you'll see my point is not to stick in a bunch of companies to get hits. Rather, to calm nerves in an ongoing fight between two specific companies and get them to focus on the real problem which is the FDA. The fight is relevant to the point. Other companies are not.

And I agree, good news for one is not damaging to the other. In fact, I believe it helps both. It's just that NWBO is further down the pipeline at the present time.
    May 2 04:16 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Atossa Genetics: My Top Biotech Idea For 2013 [View article]
    Plusses to ATOS are that medical testing devices have a much shorter and less expensive regulatory phase. It's just starting out and hasn't accumulated the huge deficits that other start up biotechs incur over the clinical trial period.

The minuses are that the price action looks suspicious. This article is published and 4 days later we're at 12, then the parabola quickly breaks. It could be he shorts when he sees a parabola forming and then tells his followers to sell so he profits on his own short.

Not accusing, just saying it's possible.
    Apr 7 07:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Cyprus Could Cause Hyperinflation, And How Agriculture Can Save You [View article]
    buddhaboy -

The dollar will go up in the short term against the euro during a euro crisis up and until the Fed bails out the FDIC. At that point the dollar will fall. Aside from that, the dollar will still go down against gold and silver even while going up against the Euro. All currencies are on an incline down against metals in general. The hard currency you are asking about will be gold and silver. That's why countries are stocking up now. When hyperinflation ensues, those with the gold will be the ones with the power. If global trade grinds to a halt, it will be a lot worse than hyperinflation. It will lead to mass starvation for any country that is a net food importer.
    Mar 20 02:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Cancer Treatments On The Way Up [View article]
    You're welcome Charlie. Cancer research is certainly exciting, which is why I write about it. I wish you continued health.

Andreas