Andrew Bowden

View Andrew Bowden's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 3D Printing Is Skyrocketing! [View instapost]
    SSYS $117/share!! Bet you are loving me if you bought when I told you to :)
    Nov 19, 2013. 02:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The World's Most Lucrative Video Game Maker Has No Equal [View article]
    $18 a share right now!
    Jul 29, 2013. 08:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Organovo Seeks To Clean Up Balance Sheet, Execute On Its Model [View article]
    Thank you for the article, very elaborate!
    Dec 30, 2012. 09:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia, An Intelligent Investor's Contrarian Play [View article]
    $3.60 today
    Nov 23, 2012. 04:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's Raining Good News On Nokia [View article]
    Excellent article, thank you :)
    Oct 12, 2012. 11:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The 3-D Printing Revolution Is Underway - 2 Companies With Dominant Market Share, Rapid Growth Potential [View article]
    I would sell 1/3 of your onvo and initiate a long position in SSYS at a solid pullback under $60. DDD is a good buy as well, I haven't done as much research into this company, but it is definitely on my watchlist. I wanted to go long at $23 earlier this year, but lack of funds prevented it. I am waiting for a pullback under $35 to go long.
    Sep 4, 2012. 10:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mortgage REITs: Fashionably Late To The Party [View article]
    Thanks for the informative article. Was long cxs , took profits looking to go long agnc at $31
    Aug 23, 2012. 12:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    thank you, I got in at $35 and $49, took some profits at 73 by selling half. hoping the high p/e gives me a good buying opportunity
    Aug 23, 2012. 11:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Top 5 Insider Buys For The Week Ending August 10 [View article]
    Thanks for the article. Interesting heads up on FB, the fundamentals are so weak I thought we might see them at least trade at 50x earnings. That chart looks ready for a bounce if it stays over $20
    Aug 11, 2012. 02:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The World's Most Lucrative Video Game Maker Is Not Undervalued [View article]
    Nice title
    Your revenue growth model for ATVI is obsurd.. What is your video game sector stock play? They topped estimates and will bring back some users with the new expansion as usual. Margins squash all competition as well a promising dividend with plenty of space to gain. black Ops 2 is supposed to be the most innovative cod yet, and I am positive we see a new all time record. Many also forget how limited ATVI's presence in the mobile market is. They have many untapped revenue streams which they will continue to expand to.
    Aug 11, 2012. 01:50 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia, An Intelligent Investor's Contrarian Play [View article]
    Thanks everyone for the supportive comments, I appreciate it! I am hoping for another drop to $1.60. I'll triple my position this time around, that bounce came quick!

@Mathias - I have the link embedded in one of the paragraphs near the chart.

@Andrew - Microsoft would acquire Nokia before betraying them. Management has a strong interpersonal relationship, they are both highly reputable businesses that will prosper simultaneously on Windows Phone.
    Aug 10, 2012. 05:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Sell This Social Media Stock At Any Price [View article]
    Thank you for the informative article.
    Aug 8, 2012. 08:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Zynga Bulls Need To Look At The Facts [View article]
    @ illuminati ... Activision definitely has a stronger name that must be a joke. Agree with your other points
    Aug 8, 2012. 02:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The World's Most Lucrative Video Game Maker Has No Equal [View article]
    Ok I did misunderstand you on the console transition. If competition is on the decline and Activision weathers the storm the best, this is another reason to own the stock. A company with 0 debt, consistent growth and several different games to choose from is going to go up with time.

While for some people Free-to-play isn't a FAD, for me it was. I tried several f2p MMORPGS the majority out of Asia; which were lackluster. I have also tried many pay to play series like Warhammer, Aion, Star Wars and none of them have managed to retain their user base like World of Warcraft has. Many people go try these f2p games to try and save money, and end up going back to WoW. I didn't mention the declining subscriptions because I believe that is already accounted for in the share price. According to the shareholder q1 conference call, management thinks the decline has bottomed and they started regaining users this year. The Diablo 3 pre-order package should aid this idea. Q2 Earnings are in a couple of days, and we should see evidence of that.
    Jul 30, 2012. 05:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The World's Most Lucrative Video Game Maker Has No Equal [View article]
    @ Bane - Thank you for the critique, although I disagree with you on a variety of your statements. I do agree that they are the best Video Game Publisher!

1.Please source your evidence for on the end of the console industry? The fact that there are still Xbox 360's selling and a 720 in the near future disagrees with you. The console may evolve to more a home entertainment system, but that won't hurt the game industry.

2. I personally like Diablo and the Auction house, maybe you are just bad that's why you don't like the game. No offense, it just seems the kids that can't beat inferno get angry and quit.

3. Battlefield was O.K, not the game-changer EA spoke of. You can look at sales volumes and active users to see the decline since the release. Call of Duty has grown substantially since inception, please link your source for the overall user decline.

4. Free to play games are FAD's. Those games can't afford to evolve and develop more content like Activision does. Even Runescape had to become pay-to-play to support its expansion. Not to mention in World of Warcraft it is now free to play up to level 20.

5. Social gaming is not a meaningful source of revenue for Activision as of yet. Further more, these games (Zynga Words with Friends, etc..) are a whole different game style. They are not stealing gamers from Activision, (except maybe for an hour so I can take my turn in Draw Something against a few friends.)

6. I actually included the potential sale in my draft article, it took a bit to get this published so I may have submitted a different draft on accident. For which I apologize.. Vivendi is also trying to sell another one of their businesses' because they may be strapped for cash. If they were to be acquired by Microsoft then it would be a positive for Activision. I list the reasons above in a comment responding to another seeking alpha user.

@Artful - Thanks, I will look more into (PWRD) Off the top of my head, I like the margins and expected growth rate!
    Jul 30, 2012. 01:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment