Andrew Crowder

View Andrew Crowder's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Short-Term, High-Probability Mean-Reversion Indicator: China, Gold and Oil Have Hit Short-Term Oversold Extreme [View article]
    Thank you for the kind words faz.
    Jan 26 10:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short-Term ETF Extremes Reach Historical Levels, Decline Expected [View article]
    Thanks Cormack. It seems as though they employ their strategies with individual stocks and ETFs without really considering volume - a key ingredient if you are planning on using options. Their are a few other key differences as well, but yes they use a variation of mean-reversion.
    Jan 21 08:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Cormack, as always thanks for the wonderful contribution. I was able to take some profits for the High-Probability, Mean-Reversion strategy today so that made me quite happy. So far the strategy is up 19.4% since it began 75 days ago.

Good luck with all of your trading endeavors!
    Jan 20 04:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tech-Heavy ETF Hits Short-Term Extreme - High Probability of Reverting to Mean? [View article]
    Yes, great catch. Thanks!
    Jan 20 10:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Remember, this is short-term indicator (1-3 days), so a month long rally really has no bearing on the indicator or my strategy. I hope this helps. Kindest.
    Jan 20 10:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short-Term, High-Probability Mean-Reversion Indicator: Overbought Readings Continue to Increase [View article]
    Thanks for the wonderful info! Very informative Cormack. For now I am sticking with what I know - the High-Probability, Mean-Reversion indicator. As always, keeping it simple and so far - profitable.
    Jan 5 05:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Remember, the High-Probability, Mean-Reversion Indicator is a short-term indicator so the 5-day doesn't really come into play. I find that a lot of people make comments about mean-reversion and the indicator without first investigating its true application. Although the sample size is rather small, the performance of the strategy that follows the indicator speaks for itself. You can check it out in my most recent blog post. Kindest. www.crowderoptions.com.../
    Jan 4 08:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short-Term, High-Probability Mean-Reversion Indicator: Materials Sector Moves Further Into Overbought Territory [View article]
    Stocknerd, I appreciate your opinion. However, I would have to disagree with you. I have had several people comment about TA nd my overbought/oversold signals, yet they seem to miss the time frame of which I am speaking. I am speaking about a short-term overbought/oversold state with a 1-3 days time frame. Yes, there are times when the market keeps moving in the direction of the extreme, but these occasions are anomalies. When they do occur, just like all good trading strategies,some sound risk-management techniques should be in place. Again, thank you for your comment.
    Dec 29 02:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short-Term, High-Probability, Mean-Reversion Indicator: USO Trade Monday? [View article]
    Cormack,

I responded to an earlier comment stating the same thing. I should have stated short USO, XLE or DIA. Seeking Alpha has a new system for posting and I guess I am just getting used to it. I am sorry for the confusion. Kindest.
    Dec 25 07:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    peashooter,

You must remember that my indicators are short-term. The High-Probability, Mean-Reversion strategy is based on short-term indicators including the RSI (2) and various other proprietary short-term indicators. Honestly, it truly doesn't matter to me where USO is in April, I only care (if I even take a position in USO) where it stands a few hours or days from now. Kindest.
    Dec 25 07:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Meltdown,

It should have stated short USO, XLE or DIA. Seeking Alpha has a new system for posting and I guess I am just getting used to it. I am sorry for the confusion. Kindest.
    Dec 24 01:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Short-Term, High-Probability Mean-Reversion Indicator: New Extremes to End 2010 [View article]
    Cormack,

It does look like GDX is bouncing off the 50. Unfortunately, the High-Probability, Mean-Reversion Indicator that I use to trade is currently showing a short-term neutral state so I am looking more at USO. I am still thinking of taking a position in the next few minutes, but will most likely wait until Monday. Enjoy the long holiday weekend!
    Dec 23 03:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short-Term, High-Probability Mean-Reversion Indicator: Several ETFs Hit Extreme Readings [View article]
    Remember, this is a short-term indicator (1-3 days). A short and quick decline would push the readings back to neutral.
    Dec 15 01:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for the kind words tashe. I hope you continue to find my information valuable for all of your investment/trading endeavors. Kindest.
    Dec 15 11:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short-Term, High-Probability Mean-Reversion Indicator: GDX Looking Good [View article]
    The market is indeed looking frothy and I believe that we will see an intermediate-term decline in the next few months. Only an opinion of course. Thank goodness the High-Probability, Mean-Reversion strategy doesn't take into all of the craziness and noise that moves the market. It only takes advantage of technical extremes that occasionally enter the market.
    Dec 9 04:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment