Andrew Crowder

View Andrew Crowder's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Short-Term, High-Probability Mean Reversion Indicator: Back in a Short-Term Neutral State [View article]
    Those who teach should not be paid? So, professors or any trying to teach or assist others should do it for free and those who wish to learn are as you say "befuddled" or "timid". I can understand your concerns about advisors who claim unrealistic returns, but I am offering a strategy, just like all of the other successful strategies out there that offer people an alternative way to diversify their portfolios. Again, everyone has their own style. To generalize every investor/advisor/teacher as a group trying to take advantage of each is a little over the top. I think you sound a bit angry. I wish you good luck with your trading and like you, your activities hardly interfere with my trading efforts and proven track record. Kindest.
    Nov 19 02:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I actually use variety of indicators to make up my High-Probability, Mean-Reversion Indicator and then combine it with Wilder's RSI (2). Ancient, that is debatable. You can call it what you wish, but given that its use beats the market on an annual basis, I will continue to keep things as simple as possible. As a trader for over 10 years I have learned that the more simple the indicator the better. Furthermore, I have learned to trade High-Probability set-ups which means that I am not exposed to the market on a daily basis while I am waiting for a trigger to occur. Again, you can call it what you wish, but I would challenge you to outperform the performance from myself and others such as Vaughn Okumura who use High-Probability set-ups exclusively. Just curious, why criticize those who are trying to teach and help others learn how to trade effectively. Everyone has their own style. Yes, I could trade diagonal LEAP spreads or Iron Condors or another variation and I have. But again, over the years I have found that this is my bread and butter strategy and one that has given me the most success. Best of all, it is the most simple of all the strategies.
    Nov 19 09:31 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short-Term, High-Probability Mean Reversion Indicator: High Probability of a Short-Term Bounce [View article]
    TZA which is the Small Cap Bear 3x ETF was currently overbought. For the bearish ETF to be overbought it means that the small cap sector that makes up the ETF must have sold hard for several days. Typically, when a short-term overbought reading occurs a short-term sell-off occurs which is exactly what has occurred. I hope this helps and please do not hesitate to email me at my website or here for any further questions. Kindest.
    Nov 18 11:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short-Term, High-Probability Mean Reversion Indicator: Energy Very Overbought [View article]
    Wow, Champ. You should probably do your research before you make such harsh allegations. The hard-working editors at Seeking Alpha try to get articles published as soon as possible, but if you went to my blog you would see that I posted this article the night before. For those of you who read my blog on a daily basis, I hope all of you have been able to take advantage of the short-term extremes that have been published this week. I hope that I can continue to bring all of you a resource that is part of your daily trading plan.

www.crowderoptions.com.../

Sorry, champ. Good try.
    Nov 12 11:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Short-Term, High-Probability Mean Reversion Indicator. Energy Very Overbought [View article]
    Some people do believe that all gaps eventually close. I do believe they do when it comes to the major market indices.

As for FAS or FAZ, both are currently in a short-term neutral position so they are not currently on my radar.

JSE17 - Thank you so much for the kind words. Everyone seems find my indicators very useful and so far the response has been overwhelming.

AS for GDX, Tuesday's decline moved the Gold Miners back into a neutral state. However, the initial move higher on Tuesday pushed the ETF into a short-term "very overbought" state as the RSI (2) had moved well above 98, so it would have been an opportune time to fade for a short-term move to the downside.

Anyway, thanks again and keep the comments and questions coming.
    Nov 11 12:37 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Short-Term, High-Probability Mean Reversion Indicator: SMH, QQQQ, and QLD Reach Extreme State [View article]
    I just trade what I see in the numbers I post. I can't rely on noise to make trades. It is a pure guessing game and I like to have Mr. Probability on my side when I make any trade. Please do not hesitate to email me or post here with any further questions. Kindest.
    Oct 29 01:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It is all about probabilities with any trading system. I am not the biggest fan of technical analysis for intermediate to long-term trades, but I think it is far superior over the short-term. Buy an sell can be appropriate in diversifying a portfolio. However, I look at strategies, much like stocks, diversification is key. I like to use various strategies in my portfolio and the high-probability, mean-reversion is my favorite and most successful over the long-term. Furthermore, it is very simple and easy to integrate into any portfolio. I hope this helps to clarify a few things. Kindest.
    Oct 29 01:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short-Term, High-Probability Mean Reversion Indicator [View article]
    Aw,

Thanks for the support. Come over and visit my blog if you get a chance. Comments and trading ideas a re more than welcome there. I hope more profits will come your way soon. Kindest.
    Oct 27 11:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short-Term, High-Probability Mean Reversion Indicator [View article]
    Seth,

Great question. I do trade myself. I trade for clients as well. I love to trade options and I thought this would be the best way to help others as options are a wonderful device to use in any portfolio. The possibilities are endless. I hope this helps. Kindest.
    Oct 22 12:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Movements Before and After Fed Meetings [View instapost]
    I am with you Phil. Add the close of the 5/13 gap today and the S&P and www.crowderoptions.com.../
    Sep 21 02:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment