Andrew Crowder

View Andrew Crowder's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • How Prudent Use Of IWM Can Make 10% Over The Next 43 Days [View article]
    Enough already. You can't lose the entire amount you can only lose the $1.79. It is a credit spread. You get to keep the credit, it is yours regardless. I have a couple of wonderful books I recommend.
    Sep 9 10:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Prudent Use Of IWM Can Make 10% Over The Next 43 Days [View article]
    All I can say is that I think you need to go back to basics and read an Options 101 text because you have no clue how to calculate a return for a credit spread. There is a maintenance requirement that is the difference between the short and long put minus the credit. In this case it was 2 minus the credit brought in.

As for your other comments, I applaud you. However, my feelings regarding your negligence stands. You should not let your arrogance bleed into the others who are trying to learn how to responsibly trade options.
    Sep 9 04:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Prudent Use Of IWM Can Make 10% Over The Next 43 Days [View article]
    I am not sure why I responded to your message in the first place.

But I guess I am dumbfounded by your lack of knowledge after 10 years trading options and the arrogance in which you respond. Your answers sound reasonable, but they are incomplete and unfortunately misleading to neophytes in the options world.

It seems as though you did not bother to read my response at all. I covered most, if not all, of what you mentioned.

I too, have been trading options from over ten years but professionally, with floor trading veterans that have moved to screen-based trading due to the fallout on the floor.

However, I keep a track record. A track record that can be verified. I don't gloat about so-called special algorithms. I keep it simple. Because professionals know that it is not

While, I agree with some of what you state, I still don't think you grasp how options are used and more importantly, how to effectively make money using options over the long-term.

Basic math - I think you should sit down and do the calculations yourself.

I am not here to create tension. Everyone has their own view. However, your obvious arrogance is detrimental to those that are trying to learn responsible options strategies. You might not agree with the strategy and that is perfectly fine. You can use your so-called special algorithms to beat the market, but professional traders, especially options traders keep it simple, very simple.

Good luck in your trading endeavors.
    Sep 9 02:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Options Strategy That Outperforms [View article]
    The links are working for me.
    Jul 22 01:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Options Strategy That Outperforms [View article]
    It is a credit spread, as stated above. I don't think I stated anything different. Sorry if there was any confusion. Here is the link to the trade:www.crowderoptions.com...
    Jul 21 09:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Small Caps Hit Short-Term Overbought Extreme - Potential Trade Ahead [View article]
    TZA is a bearish fund. It is the inverse of IWM.
    Jul 2 12:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Potential Options Trade - Short-Term Extreme [View article]
    Dirty H,

I agree with you wholeheartedly when it comes to the performance on UNG. However, I would have to respectfully disagree with your overbought/oversold comment. In my opinion, as long as the options of an ETF are liquid (tight bid/ask spread) I will trade it. I trade probability of a trade once it hits a short-term extreme I could truly care less about the underlying. I hope this helps. Thanks again for your comment.
    Jun 23 08:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Key ETF Review: Range-Bound Trading Persists [View article]
    Unfortunately, Paypal is the only choice at the moment. I hope this isn't a deterrent.

I use a variety of proprietary indicators plus the RSI to make my decisions.

I wait for an extreme to hit so the risk/reward scenario increases dramatically. Moreover, I use a stop-loss, position-sizing and other risk management techniques to keep losses within reason.
    Jun 18 08:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Key ETF Review: Range-Bound Trading Persists [View article]
    I agree Cormack. Selling a few credit spreads would be nice here. I am looking at a few of the main ETF proxies and should have a trade published in the upcoming Weekly Options Report. However, as for my HPMR strategy, I continue to wait for my indicators to confirm. Still patiently waiting for a high-probability set-up.

visitor.r20.constantco...
    Jun 18 01:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Key ETF Review: Range-Bound Trading Persists [View article]
    Here is the link to subscribe -

www.crowderoptions.com.../

I trade in ETFs and options using ETFs as my underlying.

Do not hesitate to email me with any questions that you might have.
    Jun 18 01:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Options Trade Imminent [View article]
    All should be long. And one was. I placed a trade in QQQ this morning and was able to get out this afternoon for a short-term play. You can see the results on my third-party monitoring site here.

high-probability-etf.c...
    May 25 04:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Options Trade Imminent [View article]
    Disclosure should say long positions.
    May 25 09:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mean-Reversion Indicator: South Korea, India Hit Short-Term Extreme [View article]
    Based purely on liquidity which translates into a good bid/ask spread in the options.
    May 19 08:44 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short-Term, High-Probability Mean-Reversion Indicator: FXI and EPI Very Oversold [View article]
    Never read anything from Larry Connor's. I know he does something similar, but it seems as though he uses RSI (2) exclusively plus he tends to use stocks as well.
    May 6 03:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • High-Probability, Mean-Reversion Strategy - Options Strategy Continues to Succeed [View article]
    Thanks again for the kind words. Would you like to email me some suggestions, thoughts?
    May 6 08:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment