Andrew Crowder

View Andrew Crowder's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Short-Term, High-Probability Mean Reversion Indicator: Performance Speaks for Itself [View article]
    There actually is a independent scorekeeper named collective2.com. You can access the link on my site or directly from their site. Hope this helps. Remember, encourage, not discourage.
    Mar 13, 2011. 08:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short-Term High-Probability, Mean Reversion Indicator: Oil and Gold Hit Overbought Extremes [View article]
    Thank you so much for the kind words. The response has been overwhelming. I am just glad that some of you are able to use my indicators/thoughts for your trading endeavors. Kindest.
    Feb 23, 2011. 09:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ETF Trading Strategy: Patience Pays [View article]
    Hmm, I will have to check the feedburner status. I have never had a problem before. By the way, thanks for the kind words.
    Feb 3, 2011. 01:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • USO Trade Success, Strategy Up 22.5% [View article]
    Allen,

I am glad I could be of help. Congratulations on the trade. Keep an eye on the close of the 1/3 gap. The high the day before was $54.62. Kindest.
    Jan 28, 2011. 08:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • USO Trade Success, Strategy Up 22.5% [View article]
    I am as well, at least until another short-term extreme is signaled. Kindest.
    Jan 28, 2011. 07:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • USO Trade Success, Strategy Up 22.5% [View article]
    Yes, for a nice profit. You can see the trades for the High-Probability, Mean-Reversion strategy here: high-probability-etf.c...

I hope this helps. Do not hesitate to email me if you have any additional questions.

Kindest.
    Jan 28, 2011. 06:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short-Term, High-Probability Mean-Reversion Indicator: China, Gold and Oil Have Hit Short-Term Oversold Extreme [View article]
    Thank you for the kind words faz.
    Jan 26, 2011. 10:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short-Term ETF Extremes Reach Historical Levels, Decline Expected [View article]
    Thanks Cormack. It seems as though they employ their strategies with individual stocks and ETFs without really considering volume - a key ingredient if you are planning on using options. Their are a few other key differences as well, but yes they use a variation of mean-reversion.
    Jan 21, 2011. 08:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Cormack, as always thanks for the wonderful contribution. I was able to take some profits for the High-Probability, Mean-Reversion strategy today so that made me quite happy. So far the strategy is up 19.4% since it began 75 days ago.

Good luck with all of your trading endeavors!
    Jan 20, 2011. 04:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tech-Heavy ETF Hits Short-Term Extreme - High Probability of Reverting to Mean? [View article]
    Yes, great catch. Thanks!
    Jan 20, 2011. 10:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Remember, this is short-term indicator (1-3 days), so a month long rally really has no bearing on the indicator or my strategy. I hope this helps. Kindest.
    Jan 20, 2011. 10:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short-Term, High-Probability Mean-Reversion Indicator: Overbought Readings Continue to Increase [View article]
    Thanks for the wonderful info! Very informative Cormack. For now I am sticking with what I know - the High-Probability, Mean-Reversion indicator. As always, keeping it simple and so far - profitable.
    Jan 5, 2011. 05:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Remember, the High-Probability, Mean-Reversion Indicator is a short-term indicator so the 5-day doesn't really come into play. I find that a lot of people make comments about mean-reversion and the indicator without first investigating its true application. Although the sample size is rather small, the performance of the strategy that follows the indicator speaks for itself. You can check it out in my most recent blog post. Kindest. www.crowderoptions.com.../
    Jan 4, 2011. 08:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short-Term, High-Probability Mean-Reversion Indicator: Materials Sector Moves Further Into Overbought Territory [View article]
    Stocknerd, I appreciate your opinion. However, I would have to disagree with you. I have had several people comment about TA nd my overbought/oversold signals, yet they seem to miss the time frame of which I am speaking. I am speaking about a short-term overbought/oversold state with a 1-3 days time frame. Yes, there are times when the market keeps moving in the direction of the extreme, but these occasions are anomalies. When they do occur, just like all good trading strategies,some sound risk-management techniques should be in place. Again, thank you for your comment.
    Dec 29, 2010. 02:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short-Term, High-Probability, Mean-Reversion Indicator: USO Trade Monday? [View article]
    Cormack,

I responded to an earlier comment stating the same thing. I should have stated short USO, XLE or DIA. Seeking Alpha has a new system for posting and I guess I am just getting used to it. I am sorry for the confusion. Kindest.
    Dec 25, 2010. 07:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment