View as an RSS Feed
Can Twitter And Chicago Bridge & Iron Tell Us Anything About The Mood Of The Market?
- On July 15, 2014 Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen stated that equity valuations of social media and biotechnology firms appeared to be "stretched".
- In the last week CBI (a blue chip industrial), and TWTR (a social media company), announced second quarter financial results which soundly beat analysts expectations.
- The reaction of Wall Street to CBI's and TWTR's second quarter earnings shows how value investors and momentum investors differ on their current view of the market.
Weak First Quarter Sales Have Made The Buckle A Buy
- BKE's May 2014 sales numbers showed a continuing trend of flat growth.
- BKE's strong fundamentals with zero long term debt can withstand several years of flat or even negative growth, and still pay a sizable dividend.
- Long term value investors should consider BKE as a good dividend play.
Great Plains Energy Looks Expensive At Its Current Price
- Great Plains Energy is a solid public utility that has consistent top line and bottom line growth.
- A recent run-up of Great Plains Energy's share price has caused it to be selling at a substantial premium.
- Great Plains Energy's dividend is substantially below its historical average dividend yield.
Westar Energy: A Solid Company With A Generous Dividend - Selling At A Discount
- Westar recently announced its 2013 full year financial statements.
- Westar beat analysts estimates for growth in 2013, continued its steady performance, and raised its dividend.
- Using earning and dividend discount models, I calculate that WR is selling at an 11% to 16% discount to its intrinsic value.
- Westar's EPA issues should be coming to a close in the near future, and it may be entering a sweet spot with lower capital expenses and higher revenues.
The Buckle Continues Its Pattern Of Flat Growth
- BKE recently released its February 2014 net sales numbers.
- BKE's February sales numbers showed a continuing pattern of negative comparable store net sales, and minimum net sales growth.
- BKE is known for its strong balance sheet and generous special dividends. A continuing pattern of flat or negative growth in earnings will substantially effect its special dividends.
- Sirona Should Start Paying Dividends
- The Market Liked The Buckle's January Sales Numbers
- Decoupling Of Oil Companies And Oil Prices Redux
- The Buckle: Now Is A Good Time To Buy This High Dividend Stock
- Slow Growth Continues For The Buckle
- Has Berkshire Hathaway Repeated Its ConocoPhillips Fiasco?
- How Safe Are Westar's Dividends
- Surprises At ICU Medical
- The Buckle's Shareholders Should Not Expect A Christmas Bonus This Year
- The Decoupling Of Oil Companies With Oil Prices
- Is It Time To Buy Westar Energy?
- The Buckle's Growth Looks Anemic
- Take Profits In Automatic Data Processing
- Baxter International Could Pay A Big Premium For ICU Medical