Andrew Sachais

View Andrew Sachais' Comments BY TICKER:
  • The Summer Crash of 2011, Or the Great Re-Adjustment [View article]
    Good Call haha
    Oct 11 12:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tepid Inflation Weighs On Precious Metals [View article]
    GAE .. it is not a ticker.. it is you
    Jul 18 11:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Weaker China Weighs On Emerging Market Equity [View article]
    Yes, but China and emerging market equities have not outperformed indexes for a number of years. It is not to say other assets haven't benefited from China or from exporting to China, but on an absolute basis China has not only underperformed expectations, but also world equity indexes. On a nominal basis too FXI and ECH have trended sideways since mid-2010.

I know there are many reasons that this is the case, but I am just arguing that declining outlooks and continued cries of a hard landing, regardless of their validity, have weighed on investors and their outlook in Chinese equity.
    Jun 27 01:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Wall Street Breakfast: Must-Know News [View article]
    Market Call:

Apr 5 10:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Global Macro: Jobs And Stimulus In Perspective [View article]
    @TsyFox One should always be wary of the models this is true.

@fishfryer the yield curve is heavily manipulated, but I still see the TLT:SHY chart as a good indicator for equity performance. It correlates well to flattening= pullbacks in risk
    Apr 5 10:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Global Macro: Jobs And Stimulus In Perspective [View article]
    Sorry this was released after 8:30, I tried to get it in fairly early this morning but it made it in by 6. Looks like jobs stood at 88K. I expected 59K based on a fairly simplistic regression model taking into account ADP #'s, Jobless Claims and ISM data.
    Apr 5 08:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Global Macro: Health Care Leads, But That's It [View article]
    Just the price of the equal weight divided by the weighted SPY. As you can see, price levels do hold support resistance and points of breakout are significant
    Apr 3 07:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Global Macro Picture: Certainly Unsure [View article]
    Thanks S C, we really do look to be teetering on an edge right now.
    Nov 12 09:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Global Macro: The Fed Effect [View article]
    Thanks S C. That is what I aim to do. Let me know if there are any aspects of the market that I could analyze. I am always up for suggestions and discussion
    Oct 27 01:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Global Macro: Head And Shoulders Across The Board [View article]
    Fair, but some indicators show a rounding top, so weakness can be seen if you look for it
    Oct 13 01:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Global Macro: Head And Shoulders Across The Board [View article]
    remaining nimble is sound advice, knowing the overall environment is also a must. Assets relative strength and movement to its benchmarks/antagonistic asset class (risk vs. fear trade) is also advice to heed.
    Oct 13 12:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Global Macro: Head And Shoulders Across The Board [View article]
    Correct, I meant to say 20+, but it was fairly late and I was thinking 30. Thanks for the heads up.
    Oct 13 12:20 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Global Macro: Head And Shoulders Across The Board [View article]
    Stating that this is my one year anniversary is fallacious off the bat. I started years before that.The charting done in articles 1 year ago are vastly different than what can be seen in current articles. As an economics man, I would have expected you to be more understanding. The charts I show are not derived from fantasy, they are priced in terms of other assets. It is similar to the concept of the numeraire, prevalent in economics. The charting can be done on various time frames and can certainly be used in the realm of long term portfolio management. I also refute that these techniques work 1/2 the time. Statistical analysis based on correlation coefficient and regression studies show that these indicators have insight into the overall market. Such sweeping claims are not appreciated and seem to be aimed at discrediting myself and my work. Unless you can approach me with an article directly refuting my claims with hard evidence of past failure, please refrain from such sweeping generalizations about my lack of applicability to pure charting and deceit of my devoted readers.
    Oct 13 12:17 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Global Macro: Head And Shoulders Across The Board [View article]
    Your Gambling Instinct probably tells you to bet the house on Niners over Giants this week too. I like the initiative
    Oct 13 11:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Global Macro: Head And Shoulders Across The Board [View article]
    Although it's relative strength, patterns still exist within the price action. Levels of support and resistance are present, so that gives some validity to the claim of patterned behavior. Think price action in particular currency pairs. Euro over Dollar may be developing a different price action than Euro over Pound. It has been back tested, so I feel safe in recommending action based on the patterns.
    Oct 13 09:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment