Andrew Smith

View Andrew Smith's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Magnum Hunter Resources: Vulnerable In The Face Of Lower Oil Prices [View article]
    Oil may flounder but Goldman is certainly no authority on the subject. The same analyst who wrote the recent forecast you reference had a note in January 2014 that said oil would be $150 by 2015.

Another thing to consider as oil price relates to MHR is that MHR has already lost half of its market capitalization in the last 5 months while WTI slid from $100-$105 to $80-$85. It is hard for me to believe that $75-$80 WTI is not already priced into this name. As a result, the risk/reward spectrum may weigh in favor of buying MHR right now. Short interest has spiked to 22%. Even a modest recovery in WTI will produce a handsome profit for MHR buyers when the shorters get squeezed.

Thank you for the article.
    Oct 31 03:26 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Shipping Container Dividends: Textainer Group Holdings Vs. TAL International Group [View article]
    Excellent article and analysis.
    Dec 4 02:51 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update On Magnum Hunter Resources [View article]
    Mike,

You have always been the house expert on MHR and I always look forward to your updates and insight. Thanks again,

Andrew
    Nov 13 05:59 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Open Letter To Gary Evans, CEO Of Magnum Hunter Resources [View article]
    David,

As a MHR shareholder, I concur with your remarks in their entirety.

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Nov 12 04:18 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Still Room To Run For Magnum Hunter [View article]
    Mike,

You are the MHR expert on SeekingAlpha and your thoughts on the stock are always appreciated.

Andrew
    Oct 1 10:23 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Other Lennar: Lennar B Offers 10X The Voting Rights At 25% Off [View article]
    Excellent article. I look forward to future ones.
    Sep 26 06:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Undervalued Stock The Week: Textainer Group Holdings [View article]
    Thanks for the article. Enjoyed your work.
    Aug 7 04:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Nymox The Next Unknown Biotech Turned High Flyer? [View article]
    Thanks for your comments. This stock is certainly very risky and some of the issues you raise are somewhat valid and have kept the market valuation of the company rather low considering the sales potential of NX-1207. I personally judge the risk/reward equation as favorable but I understand the other point of view. Thanks again.
    Jul 18 12:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Nymox The Next Unknown Biotech Turned High Flyer? [View article]
    SunsetKid,

You make an excellent point and I concur regarding the risk, which is why I pointed out his share ownership in the article. He is also the President, CEO, and Chairman. Thanks for your input.
    Jul 17 10:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Nymox The Next Unknown Biotech Turned High Flyer? [View article]
    I think the drug could potentially be a blockbuster and considering NYMX's size and the effort and expense to scale a sales operation, I believe a takeover is highly likely if the drug is approved. As far as the 25% runup yesterday and today, I haven't been able to pinpoint a cause. The shares are thinly traded so, as you know, there is a lot of volatility. Today's trading (90,000 shares volume) has already exceeded twice the average volume over the last 10 days (39k). I'm as interested as you to find out what the reason is. Thank you for comments.
    Jul 16 11:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Nymox The Next Unknown Biotech Turned High Flyer? [View article]
    Dr Whynot, I agree that man of the alternative medications and especially surgery are not satisfactory for patients. Hopefully NX-1207 is the panacea it appears to be.
    Jul 16 11:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Nymox The Next Unknown Biotech Turned High Flyer? [View article]
    Thanks for the comment Grandpa Bob and best of luck with your condition.
    Jul 16 11:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Nymox The Next Unknown Biotech Turned High Flyer? [View article]
    Deep.Blue, Thank you for the comment. I noted the Phase II for prostate cancer in the article ("Nymox's NX-1207 was designed specifically to treat the symptoms of BPH (although it is currently also in a Phase II trial for the treatment of prostate cancer)"), but I didn't provide any detail about that trial. You raise an excellent point, which is the potential upside from NX-1207's application to prostate cancer.
    Jul 15 06:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Textainer: Buy For 5% Yield As Well As Attractive Valuation And Growth [View article]
    Thanks. Yes, I've been reinvesting TGH dividends for years and it does create quite the snowball.
    Jul 9 03:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you for your comment and reading the article. As I said above, I agree that debt should be watched but I'm not terribly concerned presently. As far as yesterday I'm not sure why the stock displayed such weakness. TAL and CAP (publicly traded competitors) were also fairly week. They may have all been weak due to poor data from China.
    Jul 9 02:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment