Andy Batts

View Andy Batts' Comments BY TICKER:
  • M&A Daily: Wisdom From Gus Levy To Linda Evangelista [View article]
    I'm (actually was) a huge fan of Linda Evangelista! Even today I couldn't forget watching her on George Michael's Freedom! '90 on MTV. Have a look when stocks are falling: http://tinyurl.com/97p...
    Aug 31, 2015. 02:34 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • M&A Daily: Wisdom From Gus Levy To Linda Evangelista [View article]
    Finally wisdom from Linda Evangelista!!! This is a bear market indeed although not official yet! :)
    Aug 31, 2015. 02:07 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Outlook - More Of The Same? [View article]
    We've not bottomed out yet according to my latest findings. Actually we're likely to top out today on the short covering rally and would start sliding again.
    Aug 31, 2015. 11:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bears Are Confident U.S. Equities Will Now Downtrend -- But Are They Hogs Waiting To Get Slaughtered? [View article]
    I'm a bear right now and confident that S&P 500 is heading towards 1800 in September. When I'm a bear I tend to defy logic, and my fellow bears do the same. This is a massive bear market in the making.

"If China is reason to bid up hard asset plays, great. Otherwise, though, does the dragon really matter? And do emerging markets really matter all that much?" Your answer is here: http://tinyurl.com/p2w...
    Aug 31, 2015. 11:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Shorting Volatility Now May Be A Very Favorable Trade [View article]
    @djgabel: "Another volatility "analyst" that has no fundamental understanding of the products he is talking about." Absolutely right. Only s/he who doesn't understand trend can write such bogus stuff. VIX will spike again toward 50-60. Don't forget China is not Lehman, but a much bigger issue.
    Aug 31, 2015. 10:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Premarket Biotech Digest: Pump And Dumps, MannKind DTC Campaign, Opdivo ODD [View article]
    "If MNKD shares stay at the current levels and sales do pick up then it will be a great buying opportunity, in my opinion."

Stocks are dropping like rocks and you're talking about buying opportunities? Come back to stock market again in 2017.
    Aug 31, 2015. 10:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Is SA accepting news items from contributors and publishing the same for other sectors as well, such as tech or utilities? Is this a change in stance since stocks are falling and analyses are out of favor?
    Aug 31, 2015. 10:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Stocks: Perspectives On The Selloff [View article]
    DOW was almost there (just 100 points away) and certainly bottomed out. Closed 500 points above day's low after falling almost 1100 points at the opening.
    Aug 24, 2015. 04:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stocks: Perspectives On The Selloff [View article]
    Excellent analysis. But your view, "I believe stocks are likely to retest these lows," I humbly disagree. Anyways, thanks for your great analysis. DOW, NASDAQ and S&P 500 are on the verge of breaking into positive territory, as I predicted.
    Aug 24, 2015. 12:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stocks: Perspectives On The Selloff [View article]
    DOW bottomed out at 15,370.33 and approaching 16,000. Strong probability it will finish the day in green. Earlier I predicted many such bottoms on Seeking Alpha, for example:

In 2012 I predicted that Gold will take long-term support near $1200, which is holding even today after more than three years, click here: http://bit.ly/1V4mewp

Using my same statistical model I'm predicting that DOW will scale new highs going ahead. Happy investing!
    Aug 24, 2015. 10:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Outlook - More Of The Same? [View article]
    Aug 24, 2015. 09:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Market Outlook - More Of The Same? [View article]
    DOW will bottom out today after touching 16,000 or so. Earlier I predicted many such bottoms on Seeking Alpha, for example:

Using my same statistical model I'm predicting that DOW will bottom out today for 2015 and scale new highs going ahead.
    Aug 24, 2015. 08:11 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will China Bring Down Global Markets? [View article]
    Don't worry. China, in spite of the near-term issues and challenges, will continue to drive global growth due to its sheer size. However, your concerns are everybody's concerns, and for the smart investor it's time to load up good quality stocks. Stocks, oil and euro will start roaring again once the first rate hike by the Fed is done. Until then, it's time to buy. I believe the second half of the bull market will be more violent with maximum participation.
    Aug 18, 2015. 02:58 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mallinckrodt: Why The Ikaria Acquisition Is Positive For Investors [View article]
    "Can MNK really make the revenue increase faster?" Yes I think so. With MNK's larger hospital presence I don't think it will be a problem. Thank you.
    Mar 9, 2015. 06:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Reasons Zillow Is Still Extremely Overpriced [View article]
    "FB another overvalued stock though." What's your definition of the term 'overvalued,' can I humbly ask you? When I wrote the following FB article it was at $21-22 and people were screaming overvalued. Meanwhile, FB quadrupled itself and screamers continued to scream 'overvalued.' Really mysterious, isn't it?

Mar 6, 2015. 12:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment