Andy Batts

View Andy Batts' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Mallinckrodt: Why The Ikaria Acquisition Is Positive For Investors [View article]
    "Can MNK really make the revenue increase faster?" Yes I think so. With MNK's larger hospital presence I don't think it will be a problem. Thank you.
    Mar 9, 2015. 06:28 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Reasons Zillow Is Still Extremely Overpriced [View article]
    "FB another overvalued stock though." What's your definition of the term 'overvalued,' can I humbly ask you? When I wrote the following FB article it was at $21-22 and people were screaming overvalued. Meanwhile, FB quadrupled itself and screamers continued to scream 'overvalued.' Really mysterious, isn't it?

Mar 6, 2015. 12:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Reasons Zillow Is Still Extremely Overpriced [View article]
    Great comment, as I said elsewhere Zillow will be at $221 in one to two years from now (compared to the author's $20-25, with all due respect to him, my projections are ~10x that of the author's). Let's see what happens, but I believe Zillow is another Priceline in the making.
    Mar 6, 2015. 12:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • DexCom: Post Earnings Pullback To Offer Buying Opportunity [View article]
    Yes Cora Schlesinger, I believe mainly profit taking by the short-term players, with no immediate upside catalyst. Thank you.
    Mar 3, 2015. 12:50 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Zillow Finally Acquired Trulia, What's In Store For Shareholders? [View article]
    I'd say shorts beware.
    Feb 26, 2015. 11:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    And what are those key items of interest? Please let readers know. And explain in brief. Thank you.
    Feb 26, 2015. 11:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Please Help Us Pick Outstanding Performance Award Winners For January [View article]
    I nominate the following three articles of myself:

1. When I wrote the article on Harman International, it was trading around $40 and the stock doubled in a year and almost tripled in two years.

2. At the time of publishing the article on DexCom, the stock was trading around $21.75 and subsequently it touched $62.85, almost 200% increase.

3. When I recommended TAL Education, it was trading around $10 and rose to over $37 in the following year.

I believe all the three stocks played out for the reasons mentioned in the articles, which were simple and convincing for the readers.
    Jan 13, 2015. 09:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Osiris' Deal With Stryker Positive For Investors [View article]
    Hi Miha, I believe BIO4 could be close to Grafix in few years, and together with Arthrex Cartiform it could have significant upside. I appreciate your comment. Thanks!
    Jan 5, 2015. 03:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Horsehead Holding Q3 2014 Earnings [View article]
    You're welcome Acme Capital.
    Nov 24, 2014. 03:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Johnson & Johnson Posted Impressive Q3 Earnings - Buy The Stock [View article]
    Pets.com... ha ha ha! :)
    Oct 20, 2014. 01:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Would Rather Own Amazon Than Alibaba [View article]
    Michael Moritz, the chairman of VC firm Sequoia Capital, described the Alibaba IPO as a “major landmark event” that is as significant as the Google IPO, and said Chinese internet companies will create "one global battlefield" with western companies over the next decade. He warned that a lot of US and European companies are still denying the significance of Chinese internet companies, and that the Alibaba IPO will only make more people aware of the booming Chinese tech industry. http://on.wsj.com/YYYoL3
    Sep 19, 2014. 02:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Take Note - Samsung Has Not Gone Away [View article]
    @thenoffya

Brilliant! But I see AAPL @ $110 just after the iPhone 6 release. Read my bearish prediction after the iPhone 5 release by clicking the following link. http://seekingalpha.co...
    This time I'm bullish.
    Sep 4, 2014. 03:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Cepheid Received CE-IVD Mark For Xpert TV Test [View article]
    Dear Glads,

Sorry for the inconvenience. IVD (In Vitro Diagnostics) devices are regulated by EU Directive 98/79/EC of 27, October 1998. Examples of IVD devices include reactors, instruments, or other devices used for examining sample material from the human body, including blood and tissue samples, for the exclusive or primary purpose of providing information to ensure a correct patient diagnosis.

The CE-mark is a requirement for selling medical products and equipment in the EU. Additionally, an increasing number of other markets internationally require CE-marking.

IVD Directive compliance requires that a product is correctly classified. The Directive defines products into List A or List B. DGM is appointed as notified body for IVD devices under the IVD Medical Devices Directive, and can assess and certify quality systems to allow CE marking of products according to the IVD Directive. Hope this helps. Thanks.

Andy
    Sep 4, 2014. 01:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Johnson & Johnson Facing New Lawsuits On Pinnacle Hips [View article]
    Dear DoctoRx, my reasoning is simple. JNJ is a mega-cap stock that hardly offers significant buy-able dips, and I believe that the recent negative news flow is a shorting opportunity for some investors, who are short-term players. A "direction" of a stock price is the resultant force of different forces, so "Why should retail SA investors pick up their cast-off inventory?" seems invalid to me.

"Why this new problem isn't a reason to lighten up on JNJ?" -- Well, in spite of the "huge damages" these are minor problems for a $292 billion company.

Thanks.
    Sep 4, 2014. 01:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Horsehead Raises $50 Million For Potential Acquisitions - Book Partial Profits [View article]
    Hi Burt,

I had a small trading position that I exited on the news.

Thanks.