Andy Batts

View Andy Batts' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Intel Vs. ARM: Who Will Win The Mobile Game? [View article]
    "As for me, my short position (@$44.26) is doing very well indeed. Not planning to cover until the teens which my not so secret formula (S&P average PE for tech stocks) says it should be at."

Dear Eassa,

How r ur shorts doing @ $53? Any comments about ur teens?

Happy trading (sorry, investing).

-- Andy
    Dec 19, 2013. 02:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NII Holdings: Risky But Trading In A Deep Value Zone [View article]
    "Can we see a repeat?" I hope so... let's hope for the best (and prepare for the worst too). I am a believer of "Project Accelerate."
    Dec 15, 2013. 01:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • NII Holdings: Risky But Trading In A Deep Value Zone [View article]
    The word "sell" is actually a verb, but "sell" can also be a noun, "a hard sell" and many other expressions in the worlds of law and marketing.
    Dec 12, 2013. 03:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Harman International: An Alpha-Rich Company That's Significantly Undervalued [View article]
    Hi New Low Observer,

Thank you for your comment.

Andy
    Dec 10, 2013. 09:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Osiris Focuses On Biosurgery After Selling Prochymal, Stock Attractively Valued [View article]
    Look at OSIR's historical (ttm) multiples. In the last one year OSIR traded between 15x and 45x. The average is 30x, which I believe is also possible, given its compelling fundamentals. How do you arrive at 5x? OSIR will never fall below 20x.

The PS curve is showing a bullish trend since mid-2012. That's why I said that the street believes that OSIR should be valued in light of the opportunities that lie ahead of it.
    Dec 3, 2013. 11:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The sell-off is news based. I had no plans to buy the stock but at $15 it's really mouth watering valuation. I've bought heavily today.
    Dec 3, 2013. 02:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You're right. OSIR is a high beta stock with huge volatility. The recent top was a result of fierce short covering. That's why the stock didn't stay at the top for long. I used "upside left" for this reason. I believe the next up move will be sustainable. Thanks for your comment.
    Dec 3, 2013. 12:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cynosure: The Stock Is Cheap, The Story Is Compelling [View article]
    You're welcome Scate1960.
    Nov 29, 2013. 11:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cynosure: The Stock Is Cheap, The Story Is Compelling [View article]
    Yes, you're right. The uptrend is likely to continue.
    Nov 29, 2013. 04:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Syneron: Undervalued In A High Growth Industry [View article]
    I don't think ELOS would be an acquisition target. However, it could acquire SLTM or ZLTQ or something like that. Israel-based, no problem.... most of its operations are US-based.
    Nov 29, 2013. 04:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Syneron: Undervalued In A High Growth Industry [View article]
    Yes Mike I know and I believe they are more mature now. This time the market condition is different too, right?

Wrong Market + Right Combination = 0
    Right Market + Wrong Combination = 0
    Right Market + Right Combination = 1

0<=Probability<=1

Thanks for your comment!
    Nov 29, 2013. 04:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Align Technology: Buy This Orthodontics Pioneer In The Corrective Phase [View article]
    Hi Alive9Well, you're welcome. I appreciate your comment.
    Nov 21, 2013. 03:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GW Pharma: Capitalizing On Cannabis Science [View article]
    Excellent idea! Thanks.
    Nov 11, 2013. 02:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Abiomed: An Excellent Opportunity For Growth Seeking Investors [View article]
    You're welcome. Your comment is much appreciated. Thank you.
    Nov 11, 2013. 02:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Booming Vacation Ownership Industry To Lift Marriott Vacations Significantly [View article]
    Hi,

Thanks for your comment. Is VAC really a new company? I don't think so. It was spun off from MAR, the pioneer of vacation ownership. So you're not comparing apples vs. oranges.
    Oct 25, 2013. 03:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment