Seeking Alpha

Andy Batts

 
View as an RSS Feed
View Andy Batts' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Intel Vs. ARM: Who Will Win The Mobile Game? [View article]
    Ashraf,

    After spending more than 10 years in capital markets, I've learned that there's nothing called a "bubble", until the "bubble" (if any) bursts. Only screaming "bubble" won't make anything a "bubble," and ARM is certainly not a "bubble." It's a "Pen & Paper" company, ideal for rich valuation. $60 is next stop from here for ARM.

    Cheers!
    May 23 02:45 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • UBI To Drive CalAmp's Growth: Correction Offers Excellent Buying Opportunity [View article]
    You're welcome Erjune. Thanks for the compliment.
    Jun 13 01:49 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel's New Architecture Challenges AMD's Graphics Lead [View article]
    I'm planning a short on AMD. It had a nice run, but it's over.
    May 15 09:10 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hewlett-Packard Does Not Impress Me At All [View article]
    Forget PC weakness, HP's venture into SDNs (software-defined networking) is the new catalyst for the stock. The stock more than doubled from $11.35 after the company announced that it joins software-defined networking fray with new controller, switches. http://zd.net/10xvDkn

    Any weakness is a "Buying Opportunity," in HP's stock. I'm long at $12 and like to add more in dips. Cheers!
    Apr 8 02:54 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is Falling: Why You Shouldn't Buy The Stock In A Hurry [View article]
    Dear SidSilver, I sold my longs @690 and @702. Currently, I've no positions in AAPL. I'm waiting for 640... you're right, if 640 happens, pounce... if 640 breaks after that SELL IMMEDIATELY. 500 may be just in the cards then.

    If it hits $710 without much consolidation... (I'm looking for at least a three to five week consolidation since the latest top creation) I won't buy... the risk being it may drop like a rock from there... that's the general rule given VIX is hovering around a level where bears (including myself) are smelling blood to short everything... QE or no QE.

    If the stock rises above 710 after the consolidation I'm looking for... the next stop is in the 770 - 785 range... not 1000 straight away!

    To me the first important level was $675, which AAPL failed to cross even today so far when DOW is up nearly 100 points. This is signaling the stock is currently undergoing a distribution phase.

    Bottom-line: CAUTION - bump ahead!
    Oct 4 11:56 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • UBI To Drive CalAmp's Growth: Correction Offers Excellent Buying Opportunity [View article]
    Very exciting indeed! Thank you.
    Jun 12 05:50 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • HAMR Will Make Seagate One Of The Best Tech Plays With Significant Upside [View article]
    Chanos is short, that's great news. I've added some more STX today. Chanos will cover to send STX at $45 in the short-term. I love short sellers. Thanks Chanos!

    PCs and laptops aren't mobile substitutes, that's a myth created by the street. PCs will make a comeback with touch-enabled Windows 8 later this year.
    May 9 01:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Will Regain Lead With Processors Beyond 22 Nanometer [View article]
    Great info for investors, thanks Ashraf!
    May 5 03:06 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold, A Seismic Move Is Coming - Part II: Why Gold Prices Look Ready To Skyrocket [View article]
    A seismic move is definitely coming... I've no doubt that the next big move on the upside will take gold beyond $2,000! But that may not happen immediately... maybe we've to wait another 12 to 18 months, when the bull phase in stocks will be over. Until then it's a traders' play. And for long term investors, it's time to accumulate on every dip.
    Jun 14 04:59 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: DexCom Earnings [View article]
    Entirely possible. Thanks.
    Aug 8 01:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: Valuation Not Attractive Despite Impressive Strategic Alliance [View article]
    "I am now in to my 24th year of owning JNJ, having acquired it in 1990." Why don't you understand that the article is not for you? Hey long-term investors, I never recommend you to sell. I only said, JNJ is overvalued at the current price, market believes it or not. It may continue to climb, but that doesn't mean it's not overvalued. Haven't you ever seen this kind of things in the past? And hasn't JNJ corrected ever in the last 24 years?

    The stock needs a trigger to correct, and I believe the recent negative news-flow may act as such. A 20% correction from here would provide a great price point to be in.
    Jul 4 12:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Myriad Genetics: Is The Correction An Investing Opportunity [View article]
    Agreed that reimbursement is a serious issue for MYGN investors, but I'm not sure that it's time to take profit. I personally believe MYGN is poised to scale much higher. Anyway, I appreciate your input PSalerno, maybe you're right. Thank you.
    Jan 31 04:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Vs. ARM: Who Will Win The Mobile Game? [View article]
    So what? I've added some more ARMH today. The uptrend is intact above the 200-Day SMA @ $37.79. ARMH is just filling the gap it created in April and this is golden buying opportunity with 95% probability it won't breach 200-Day SMA, according to my statistical approach to technicals. There is only 5% chance it will break that (as per my calculation, sorry I can't share that trade secret).

    And what if the moving average holds? Simple... first $45... next $50... and finally $60 and probably beyond (within one year).

    BTW, what's the basis of your assumption that ARMH is a bubble? How do you trade with your huge emotion? I would request you to write an article with your quantitative analysis (not qualitative) that ARMH is overvalued... this is the right time to show your expertise!
    Jun 7 05:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • HAMR Will Make Seagate One Of The Best Tech Plays With Significant Upside [View article]
    Hi Todd!

    It's my pleasure. I'm really looking forward to your quantitative analysis.

    Andy
    May 9 02:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Will Regain Lead With Processors Beyond 22 Nanometer [View article]
    nobodyspecial2u,

    You've gotten furious... did I hurt you?

    You've some great info here and spent a lot of time to write this piece... but only to prove me outclass? That's not done my friend.

    I generally don't appear in the comments section, to avoid unnecessary clashes with friends. I prefer to share my views through my articles only.

    I would advise you to share your view in the form of an article. That will worth your time and effort... right? In that way you can reach out to tens of thousands of people.

    Analyses are always based on assumptions that are forward-looking. There is always a risk of things being different in reality... that's the beauty of stock market. That's the beauty of adventure... you never know with certainty what's coming. But if your analysis comes true... you not only make money, you earn an achievement for yourself, right?

    I have noticed your energy... please don't waste it like this. Hope you will write an article soon. Wish you good luck!
    May 7 02:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
COMMENTS STATS
150 Comments
47 Likes