Andy Ung

View Andy Ung's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why Blackberry's 3 Million Subscriber Loss May Actually Be Good News [View article]
    I'm not sure I buy the argument about the Blackberry World not having enough apps. Firstly, it's not necessary for users to have 4,000 flashlight apps. Most of the apps on the android/apple platforms are seldom downloaded.

Secondly, I've noticed that it's actually refreshing for me when browsing the app store to have only the BEST apps. You're not browsing through a 8th grader's computer science project, you're getting apps that you'll actually use like Skype, Instagram etc. These are the apps that 95% of people spend their time on.
    Apr 1 05:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Understanding QNX [View article]
    Great point, I will make sure to do that for future articles.
    Mar 19 05:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Understanding QNX [View article]
    N4BB.com and Crackberry are definitely good sources to find out more about Blackberry.
    Mar 19 05:35 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Understanding QNX [View article]
    The steak analogy was supposed to represent the idea that, even if one application fails/crashes while the operating system is running, the entire system does not go crashing down. Other applications will still continue to run even though only one part of it has failed.
    Mar 19 05:35 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Understanding QNX [View article]
    That's a great point. I do think that this is something that Thorsten Heins has in mind for the future of Blackberry. As computers become more powerful, yet thinner/smaller, the distinction between mobile devices, tablets, laptops and personal computers will be increasingly blurred. A phone today has the same processing power as a computer built only a few years ago. So for them to extend an arm over to the personal computer side of things would not strike me as a surprise, and would seem like a next logical step as they continue to grow. This is why people get excited over news such as the Lenovo takeover.

It would be very similar to what Microsoft has in mind, which trying to integrate everything onto one system (their tablets, phones, computers). Microsoft has the right idea, but extremely poor execution.
    Mar 19 05:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry: Understanding QNX [View article]
    I'd agree with that. There are a large number of users who long for a physical keyboard, and Blackberry has the only functional one in the marketplace. The March 28 results will not include any of these since none of the Q10's have been sold yet, so I definitely think there is more to be "painted".
    Mar 19 05:35 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment