View as an RSS Feed
ReneSola Stumbles Again
- Debt is falling, but cash is falling faster.
- Heavy European exposure has hurt the company.
- Exposure to the American market has unexpectedly fallen.
- Is prudence the path to redemption?
Does SolarCity Use Capital Efficiently?
- An analysis of solar installations per liabilities assumed is presented.
- SolarCity had a wildly successful Q1 and Q2 2014.
- In Q3, the Gigafactory showed up on the balance sheet.
- Contracted payments continue to outstrip total liabilities.
The Conservative Solar Portfolio Rolls On
- The journey from $10k to $1M can be visualized as a 49-step ladder.
- Covered solar calls have been a relatively safe way to climb the ladder.
- It's better to build your own diversified solar portfolio than own an ETF.
Evidence Indicates Manipulation Of JA Solar Stock
- ReneSola nearly qualified for the SEC's watch list for abusive short selling.
- JA Solar did make the list several times in May.
- Frequent small transactions also point towards price manipulation.
- Longs need not be afraid, but naked options trading isn't recommended.
Winners And Losers From The U.S. PV Tariffs
- US customs officers are already collecting tariffs on most Chinese solar modules.
- The majority of Chinese manufacturers will be shut out of the US market completely.
- Trina Solar and ReneSola are two Chinese companies that stand to benefit.
A Closer Look At RGS Energy's Acquisition
- 2014 solar power installations are neck-and-neck with natural gas installations.
- RGS Energy will not necessarily be affected by a slowdown in Oahu residential solar.
- I recommend waiting for the Q2 earnings release before buying RGS Energy.
Automakers Are Squeezed From Top And Bottom
- Traditional automakers are bracketed by upstarts.
- Tesla Motors gains traction in the luxury segment.
- A private upstart plans to sell a $6,800 two-seater.
- Both upstarts offer more than 80 mpg.
- The 2025 54.5 mpg fuel efficiency standard is seeming more realistic.
ReneSola: Is This Drama Queen Worth The Risk?
- Solar manufacturer ReneSola faces lawsuits and an antidumping investigation.
- ReneSola is uniquely well-positioned to handle US tariffs.
- Key metrics are trending upward.
Why The Plunge For RGS Energy?
- Factors contributing to RGSE's decline are analyzed.
- There is not enough public information to judge a recent acquisition.
- Positive EBITDA was not achieved in Q4, possibly due to weather.
- However, tremendous solar growth is expected in 2014.
Downward Pressure On SolarCity
- Downgrades and negative articles on SolarCity abound.
- SolarCity's valuation is reasonable.
- Solar power is not dependent on subsidies (but they help).
- The cost of solar continues to drop, similar to Moore's Law.
- The long-term trend is up.
Google Trends: Recession Is Not Imminent
- Google Trends provides specific data which can be useful for traders.
- Today we look at recession prediction.
- Four search terms are presented as strong leading indicators.
- Three of four indicators point towards no imminent recession.
- Google Trends: Automotive Edition
- Hawaiian Electric Industries Could Profit By Supporting Rooftop Solar
- Big Oil, Meet Big Truck
- SolarCity, Crowdfunding And 1 Million Customers
- Covered ReneSola Calls: 25% Upside And Managed Risk
- ReneSola: A Slow Pitch Down The Middle
- Solar Manufacturing Capacity Analysis
- I Justify My Tesla Purchase With This Analogy
- Earnings Cometh: Watch These Solar Stocks
- Will Politics Save First Solar?
- Impacts Of California's New Bill On The Solar Industry
- Solar Sector: Indiscriminate Sell-Off Creates Opportunity
- Wary Of Tesla? Play The Symbionts
- Prepare For Disruptive Solar Technology
- Solar Prepares For Battle
- A Hidden Gem In The Solar Industry?
- SunPower Looks Bullish For May 2 Earnings Release