Ang Nguyen

View Ang Nguyen's Comments BY TICKER:
  • What Do Stevia First And Arena Pharmaceuticals Have In Common? [View article]
    I believe it untruthful that you say they haven't planted a seed or harvested a leaf...

As a supporter of STVF I will also use a previous response. I believe a previous author responded in comments best about the land lease that has been clearly disclosed in SEC filings.

"(A similar issue that others have asked about, is that after the SeekingAlpha article the company entered into a related-party lease and paid $250,000 to a company owned by the company's chairman and his wife. The lease was for two years for ~1,000 acres, so that's $125 an acre per year, again a pretty cheap rate, especially when you consider that the site is already zoned correctly for both growing stevia and for building a stevia refinery. Also, the company is only obligated to be there for two years, so the chairman and his wife are actually the ones taking most of the financial risk (i.e. seems very reasonable that the price was a lot more than $250,000 for that kind of property)"
    Feb 12, 2013. 04:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Do Stevia First And Arena Pharmaceuticals Have In Common? [View article]
    Very interesting comparison with choosing those two companies.
    Feb 12, 2013. 04:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Investing In Zero-Calorie Sugar Substitutes May Fatten Investors' Wallets [View article]
    I understand your concern RockieK, but I feel pretty good about my investment in the company. The USDA being proactive about the development of stevia bolsters my confidence. Good luck to you in your trading endeavors.

Feb 4, 2013. 06:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Recent STVF SEC filing clearly states that: "we would expect to release our planned tabletop sweetener product in 2013 and generate revenues from this proposed product as soon as the second half of 2013."

Stevia First seems to on track to having a consumer product in the very near future that will be generating revenues.
    Feb 4, 2013. 04:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2013 Outlook: Stock Bulls May Have Room To Run, Bond Vigilantes Lurk [View article]
    I concur Tony. It seems that the market bulls aren't concerned with the current state of the economy.
    Feb 2, 2013. 06:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Companies See Green In Stevia [View article]
    Nice article. I believe that both SUNW and STVF have good looking futures. ADM will probably start entering into bad agreements with US farmers soon, hopefully the small companies will remain independent.
    Nov 13, 2012. 05:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monster Beverage To Follow The Lead Of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters? [View article]
    You guys continue to miss the point. I am sure you'll will be out in full force now with Monster going even lower.

It's really looking like a company that has the support of investors and consumers
    Nov 8, 2012. 08:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I disagree. They have the acreage, fermination process, money, and I expect to see the company harvest next year
    Nov 7, 2012. 12:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    How are you creating the illusion that I am comparing the business practices of these two companies? People compare SODA with GMCR all the time, but it doesn't mean the two businesses align. I was comparing performance and what drove each stock lower, and how a change in perception can lead a stock significantly lower in this market.
    Nov 7, 2012. 12:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    This article is not about Stevia. Obviously, I do believe that products such as stevia will replace sugar, as do I think other all-natural products will replace products such as caffeine. If your "intellegence" was insulted then I apologize, but it seems like a personal problem rather than that of many people.
    Nov 7, 2012. 12:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It seems to me that Monster's core audience is college kids at keg parties
    Nov 7, 2012. 12:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Gregory, anytime you say something negative about a stock that has already fallen you are going to get the full wrath of longs. However, I didn't say anything that I considered bad. I don't even own the stock
    Nov 7, 2012. 12:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ben, I completely agree. It doesn't necessarily matter if it's true or not, it's the image. And like I said, what happens if more people start to emerge from the past saying that deaths occurred because of Monster.

I don't think Monster caused the deaths of anyone, but the bad press doesn't help
    Nov 6, 2012. 09:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Greg, not making a "bear case" nor am I saying that Monster is a bad company. I believe what I said is:

The facts are that allegations have been made and that the company is defending itself. I stated that, ""My takeaway is that without a proper investigation into the five unfortunate deaths, we won't know if Monster Beverage is the culprit." This is a fact! Regardless of what you, me, or the company believes the FDA will arrive at an unknown conclusion if they choose to explore the allegations.

I don't believe there will be anything that links Monster to five deaths. The company has sold more than 8 billion drinks, therefore it is a bit absurd to suggest that it would be related to five deaths. If Monster beverages were linked to death the numbers would be much more significant. This is my personal belief

Unfortunately, this is the court of public opinion, and how people perceive the information. The fact that an investigation is taking place is bad, although the FDA wouldn't be doing its job if it did not investigate the matter. What happens if the FDA does say that there is a link between the two, or others begin to emerge who say that there loved ones also died as a result of Monster beverages in the past? How would this impact Monster and would it put political pressure on the FDA?

I am not questioning whether or not the two are related, I am implying that when in question, the company should make a drastic move to quiet the critics, a PR move if you will! Make a move and replace certain "unhealthy" ingredients with all-natural ingredients. My entire stevia argument was intended to show that there are all-natural alternatives that provide the same taste/results that can be replaced and will end the debates.

I am not even going to discuss the topic of whether or not we are a health conscious country or not. The fact that the FDA has approved two products for weight loss in the last year alone after years of denials show the necessity and the sense of urgency on behalf of or country to promote healthy living. Have you been to NY lately? The large soda ban? Or the fact that KO, PEP, Kraft, GMCR, SBUX, etc have all made recent moves to promote all-natural products. This is a change that is occurring rapidly, and will continue.

I am not making a "bear" case. I do not own shares of Monster, nor am I shorting the stock.
    Nov 5, 2012. 09:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I am not saying the fall was caused by the same factors, but in addition to financial fraud, it was losing patent protection and having too much supply. Since then the company has made many changes to its products. I am definitely not suggesting it's a good company, rather it will survive and now has a competitive edge.
    Nov 5, 2012. 06:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment