Ang Nguyen

View Ang Nguyen's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Monster Beverage To Follow The Lead Of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters? [View article]
    You guys continue to miss the point. I am sure you'll will be out in full force now with Monster going even lower.

It's really looking like a company that has the support of investors and consumers
    Nov 8 08:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I disagree. They have the acreage, fermination process, money, and I expect to see the company harvest next year
    Nov 7 12:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    How are you creating the illusion that I am comparing the business practices of these two companies? People compare SODA with GMCR all the time, but it doesn't mean the two businesses align. I was comparing performance and what drove each stock lower, and how a change in perception can lead a stock significantly lower in this market.
    Nov 7 12:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    This article is not about Stevia. Obviously, I do believe that products such as stevia will replace sugar, as do I think other all-natural products will replace products such as caffeine. If your "intellegence" was insulted then I apologize, but it seems like a personal problem rather than that of many people.
    Nov 7 12:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It seems to me that Monster's core audience is college kids at keg parties
    Nov 7 12:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Gregory, anytime you say something negative about a stock that has already fallen you are going to get the full wrath of longs. However, I didn't say anything that I considered bad. I don't even own the stock
    Nov 7 12:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ben, I completely agree. It doesn't necessarily matter if it's true or not, it's the image. And like I said, what happens if more people start to emerge from the past saying that deaths occurred because of Monster.

I don't think Monster caused the deaths of anyone, but the bad press doesn't help
    Nov 6 09:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Greg, not making a "bear case" nor am I saying that Monster is a bad company. I believe what I said is:

The facts are that allegations have been made and that the company is defending itself. I stated that, ""My takeaway is that without a proper investigation into the five unfortunate deaths, we won't know if Monster Beverage is the culprit." This is a fact! Regardless of what you, me, or the company believes the FDA will arrive at an unknown conclusion if they choose to explore the allegations.

I don't believe there will be anything that links Monster to five deaths. The company has sold more than 8 billion drinks, therefore it is a bit absurd to suggest that it would be related to five deaths. If Monster beverages were linked to death the numbers would be much more significant. This is my personal belief

Unfortunately, this is the court of public opinion, and how people perceive the information. The fact that an investigation is taking place is bad, although the FDA wouldn't be doing its job if it did not investigate the matter. What happens if the FDA does say that there is a link between the two, or others begin to emerge who say that there loved ones also died as a result of Monster beverages in the past? How would this impact Monster and would it put political pressure on the FDA?

I am not questioning whether or not the two are related, I am implying that when in question, the company should make a drastic move to quiet the critics, a PR move if you will! Make a move and replace certain "unhealthy" ingredients with all-natural ingredients. My entire stevia argument was intended to show that there are all-natural alternatives that provide the same taste/results that can be replaced and will end the debates.

I am not even going to discuss the topic of whether or not we are a health conscious country or not. The fact that the FDA has approved two products for weight loss in the last year alone after years of denials show the necessity and the sense of urgency on behalf of or country to promote healthy living. Have you been to NY lately? The large soda ban? Or the fact that KO, PEP, Kraft, GMCR, SBUX, etc have all made recent moves to promote all-natural products. This is a change that is occurring rapidly, and will continue.

I am not making a "bear" case. I do not own shares of Monster, nor am I shorting the stock.
    Nov 5 09:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I am not saying the fall was caused by the same factors, but in addition to financial fraud, it was losing patent protection and having too much supply. Since then the company has made many changes to its products. I am definitely not suggesting it's a good company, rather it will survive and now has a competitive edge.
    Nov 5 06:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You are missing the point. Monster is a company that is driven primarily by one product line. Of course there is global upside, but competition continues to rise and all of its competitors are seeking global growth..

I am not suggesting that its products are bad, but after many years of gains, investors are starting to lose confidence and the company needs a new edge. Regardless of whether or not it led to the death of anyone it still changes the perception of people, which is the most important factor.

The comparison to GMCR was made because GMCR was a momentum stock for many years, continued to post record sales, but traded in a free fall before finally finding support. The company has had to evolve. It began to announce partnerships and a focus on healthy alternatives, and some are now optimistic of its future.

We live in a health conscious society. The fastest growing companies are those that can find the balance between healthy and tasteful. In order to quiet the critics Monster should begin to incorporate healthy all-natural ingredients to its products, and more people will gravitate and choose its products over the competition. It needs to be ahead of this curve, rather than behind. All of the large beverage companies are making this change to their lead products, Monster needs to get aggressive and quiet the critics.

Like it or not, there are allegations. Who knows whether or not it's true. But at this point, some people won't care or take the chance. The company needs to make a big splash, somehow.
    Nov 5 06:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Companies That Could Soar On Massive Stevia Market Opportunities [View article]
    It has been pointed out to me that I have a transposed number within the article that needs corrected. The second sucrose modifier is S9632, not S6932. My apologies for the error.
    Oct 12 10:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Coca-Cola: The Correction Has Just Begun [View article]
    I am long KO and have been for quite some time. They have been a solid performer for me and if they hit $35, which I don't anticipate any time soon, I will be adding to my portfolio.
    Sep 6 12:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ImmunoCellular Therapeutics And The Benefits Of A Large Exchange [View article]
    I believe this is the best explanation of the recent SEC filings.
    The new SEC filings are nothing more than re-registration of existing shares to keep them current. Since IMUC is traded on OTC, they are required to re-file S-1 or S-3 every 12 months for all pipe shares or public offering shares. This is not solicitation to sell new shares or new warrants; it essentially has no impact on the company’s cap table.
    The good news is, if you look at the list of shareholders, most investors from last two years are still holding the majority or all of their shares. Some very high quality investors including DAFNA, Straus, and Cummings Bay are playing this long term! These guys are up 150-200 percent!!! They are playing this stock long because they know there is more upside with ICT-107 phase II data.
    Apr 30 03:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment