View Aniket Ullal's Articles BY TICKER:
Defining A Fast Growing Investment Trend: 'Smart Beta'
- 'Smart beta' ETFs are one of the fastest growing products in investment management.
- We define this segment in detail and estimate its size as $75B for domestic equity exposure.
- We take the view that all risk factors go through cycles, so assuming that smart beta ETFs will always outperform 'traditional' beta is misguided.
- However these ETFs are very useful to investors since they do the 'heavy lifting' when getting exposure to strategies like low volatility, which will drive future adoption.
- Analyzing Differences In ETF Risk Exposure
- The Surprising 'Growthy-Ness' Of A Breakthrough ETF
- Vanguard's Benchmark Index Switch: Risk Implications
- Why Alliance Bernstein's ETF Projections Underestimate Fund Industry Changes
In Defense Of Most ETFs
Sep. 20, 2011 • Comment!