Another Joe

View Another Joe's Comments BY TICKER:
  • You Can't Eat Your Gold [View article]
    Wow Bear. I guess that's one opinion.
    Historical redaction claims that gold isn't money, when it is one of the only substances that fits the historical definition of money.
    Fiat currency is an empty promise foisted upon the populace by the elite. It steals true wealth through manipulation, destroying freedom. Mises understood this. Good grief, even Greenspan understood this... in the 60s anyway.
    The rallying point of the socialist and fascist is the state with their monopoly of power. Fiat currency is a tool in their arsenal. Gold strips them of their monetary slavery. Embrace what you will.
    Mar 6 10:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • You Can't Eat Your Gold [View article]
    Well done FL. Thanks for the article.
    Mar 6 06:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The United States Has Two Choices: Depression Or Bankruptcy [View article]
    Nice piece of work Avi.

Deflation before inflation? Makes sense, though what do you call it when "deflation" merely regains some of what inflation has already stolen?

I thought it a bit disingenuous that someone said you were too simple. I thought you overcomplicated it. :o) But, then, I'm not a "trained economist." Thank God.

Mises would have been proud of you.
    Mar 6 01:21 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver Update: Correction Will Be Completed Shortly [View article]
    Now that's a fact. :)
    Mar 5 12:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver Update: Correction Will Be Completed Shortly [View article]
    I wonder how many people said that about $50 silver in the mid 70s?
    :o)
    Mar 4 10:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Small Cap Silver Stocks That Have Soared 40% In 2012 [View article]
    Helpful research Marco. Thanks!
    Mar 4 05:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver Update: Correction Will Be Completed Shortly [View article]
    Oh... well, I'm learning too. :(
    Mar 4 04:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver Update: Correction Will Be Completed Shortly [View article]
    Heh, you spend too much time looking backwards. :P

Seriously, I don't think it'll be too long before gold movements like that become normal. Right now we're just in the foothills. I'll let you be the trail guide though.
    Mar 4 04:53 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver Update: Correction Will Be Completed Shortly [View article]
    "As for your "enlightenment," my only question is what took you so long!??!? lol :) I have been writing about accurate moves within the metals for the last 7 months here on SA!!! :) "

lol, I've only been on SA for a couple of months... like I said, be encouraged. :)

As for "meteoric," gold has to reach over $5k to match 1980s peak, adjusted for inflation. Silver has to reach over $250. We're not meteoric yet. Up until now, it's a correction. :P
    Mar 4 04:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver Update: Correction Will Be Completed Shortly [View article]
    Yes, I do think they'd let it ride to 50. And they'd let gold go to 2000. I don't think every movement is orchestrated. I don't think the long-term trend is orchestrated. I do think there is a measure of control though, moderating the precious metals markets.

A moderated rise certainly gains much less attention than a meteoric one. I also think that the mechanisms that worked well in the 90s are starting to lose their grip a bit, because of more powerful dynamics placing greater upward pressure on metals, even while downward pressure on the U$D grows.

What interests me more, at this point, is that I'm beginning to believe that your analysis does effectively track the short-term moves regardless of the long-term trend or any manipulation involved. So, in a sense, for short-term plays these other factors become minor players. Be encouraged, I couldn't have said that two months ago. :)
    Mar 4 04:10 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver Update: Correction Will Be Completed Shortly [View article]
    Hmmm, I might have said one of those.... can't remember. heh
    Mar 4 03:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver Update: Correction Will Be Completed Shortly [View article]
    This may be key, and something people start thinking about. Claiming that manipulation takes place (which I do) is one thing. Predicticting movements is another. I think JPM might subscribe to Avi's newsletters. :)
    Mar 4 03:10 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver Update: Correction Will Be Completed Shortly [View article]
    Thanks Avi,

I'm listening, and I bought. :)
    Mar 4 02:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silver Update: Correction Will Be Completed Shortly [View article]
    Thanks for keeping us thinking Avi. Good stuff.

Wednesday's selloff was more than simply "increased volume." At 100,000 contracts, is was gargantuan. As comparison, Thursday was still very hefty, but only 55,000.
    Before completely dismissing manipulation, when a massive position is repeatedly sold off at 10 am EST on a Wednesday (meaning reports have a full week to get watered down), it's enough to at least cause someone to scratch their head and wonder what's up.
    What keeps these guys from watching the same indicators you do and use them to their advantage?

Keep up the good work Avi. A lot of us are learning from you. I look forward to your entries.

Regards,
    Another Joe
    Mar 4 09:59 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Enthusiam Is Waning Again Despite Surging Before Gold's Recent Peak [View article]
    Interesting research Duru. It's certainly not a traditional angle. It'll be interesting to watch future entries and see how this pans out.
    Mar 4 09:27 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment