Anthony Parsons

View Anthony Parsons' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Cincinnati Bell Offers Good Value And Opportunities For The Future [View article]
    Good discussion. Only time will tell what CBB will do but I think we can all agree that we would like to see an increase in CBB share price.
    Sep 11, 2014. 01:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I am an accountant and I understand what a NOL is. They can be carried forward for a minimum of 20 years. The hard part with NOLs is getting to carry them back, not forward. A spin off would be tax-free to shareholders provided that CBB could get approval for that, which most spin-offs receive.

If you are saying that the only way that CBB is going to be able to use its NOLs over 20 years is by selling the CONE shares at a gain, then the need for a spin off of CONE to CBB shareholders is even more glaring. NOLs are good for tax planning but if CBB cannot use them up by generating profit on their stand-alone business in future years, CBB stock won't go anywhere.

Please explaining your "managing profits of CONE" statement. Perhaps there you are seeing an added advantage that I am not.
    Sep 9, 2014. 05:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Top Brazilian Stocks With Generous Dividend Yields [View article]
    You're welcome!
    Sep 9, 2014. 07:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Top Brazilian Stocks With Generous Dividend Yields [View article]
    I have followed this stock and PBR for a long time. The preferred and common shares on most days closely mirror each other. In PBRs case the preferred shares trade higher cause the dividend is way higher, or was this year at least. But only about $1 higher per share, same kind of discount there pretty much. There is no clear answer I have for you other than if I added more to my positions it would be in the preferred shares.
    Sep 9, 2014. 07:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Top Brazilian Stocks With Generous Dividend Yields [View article]
    Because preferred really means preferred in this case IMO.
    Sep 9, 2014. 06:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Top Brazilian Stocks With Generous Dividend Yields [View article]
    I believe the dividend in total is the same, hence the yield is higher with preferred shares.
    Sep 9, 2014. 06:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I disagree. If cbb gave cone shares to shareholders, the value of the remaining cbb shares would be way higher than what cbb is worth now if you subtract cone shares. A telecom company nearly breaking even is worth way more than pennies, or even $2 per share. I think management is holding back for one reason or another. Plus, like you said, the turnaround story remains. Especially after they are finally rid of loss leader wireless.
    Sep 8, 2014. 06:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Based on cbb share price, it needs to do this to unlock value for shareholders. Isn't that what its all about?
    Sep 8, 2014. 03:01 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Spinning shares to cbb shareholders is simply putting the shares in their owners' hands anyway. That isn't the same as selling the shares. They can work around the debt covenants. I would rather take my .13 or so shares of cone for each share of cbb in my own account. Wouldn't you? It isn't like cbb pays a dividend. Regardless, I see that cbb is undervalued because of cone holdings.
    Sep 8, 2014. 02:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    With Cyrus One at about $26 per share, at some point I think Cincinnati Bell management is going to have to consider a spin off of these shares. It is in the best interest of shareholders to have this value unlocked in my humble opinion.
    Sep 5, 2014. 10:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Top Brazilian Stocks With Generous Dividend Yields [View article]
    These stocks are all significantly undervalued in my opinion. The fact remains that they are far from their all time highs and I believe that all of the potential they showed during their price run up before is still there.
    Sep 5, 2014. 10:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Petroleo Brasileiro Offers Nice Upside Potential [View article]
    It has a long way to go, look at what its all time high is.
    Aug 28, 2014. 09:52 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • DirecTV Offers Compelling Value For Income Investors [View article]
    Thanks for the feedback, I enjoy writing articles and am looking to continually improve.
    Aug 28, 2014. 08:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Russia Risk To Western Companies (Mostly) Overblown [View article]
    Russian equity prices may have a long way to rise from here.
    Aug 28, 2014. 03:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Opportunity In India [View article]
    Of the BRIC countries, Indian share prices have been big winners. Now its time for Brazil to join the party.
    Aug 28, 2014. 03:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment