Anthony Parsons

View Anthony Parsons' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Shades Of 1999 [View article]
    It's hard for me to want to commit new money to the stock market right now but I do believe this rally could still have a long ways to go.
    May 19 09:26 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Large-Cap Dividend Stocks Set To Benefit From The Fiscal Cliff Deal [View article]
    I love Altria, I think it will benefit. Long MO.
    Jan 2 02:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Einstein Noah Restaurant Group: An Intriguing Stock For Many Reasons [View article]
    .0373 is 3.73% of the company, not .0373%.
    Jan 2 10:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    .0373% = .000373. My percentage is right and it is .0373% not .000373 that I was referring to.
    Jan 1 03:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Mid-Cap Stocks Yielding 9% Or More [View article]
    You're welcome pagreen1966. Thank you for the compliment.
    Dec 29 03:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Dividend Stocks With 7%+ Yields [View article]
    You're welcome Bill.
    Dec 29 12:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SunOpta: Cheap Organic Food Company With 2 Secret Ingredients [View article]
    Great article. And here I thought that Whole Foods was pretty much the only worthy player in this market.
    Dec 29 03:16 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Dividend Stocks With 7% Or Higher Yields [View article]
    Michael, thanks for the compliment. I made the chart a two year chart so that I did not get readers into tunnel vision as far as only looking at 52 week returns. I wanted to expand the time horizon to show what the stocks have done in the past two years for the example. Taking it out two years paints a different picture than showing the 52 week price change. This further makes my point that I want a potential investor to conduct their own due diligence on the stock without just getting excited about it by seeing it in this article.
    Dec 26 08:33 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Steve, according to this report by AP, the dividend will be paid to shareholders on record as of 12/17/12 http://yhoo.it/RwBVA0
    I don't know if that means before trading starts or as of the end of the day. For dividends, the morning the stock trades ex dividend, the stock price will go down by the amount of the dividend, all else being equal. If you are in before this, ie the day before, you will get the dividend even though the settlement date might be later.
    If I were you, I would ask my broker but they might not know. I would wait for the stock to open on Monday and see if it is trading $4 lower per share, which it should once the time has passed to receive the dividend. If it does not drop by that amount on Monday morning, I would say you will get the dividend. Don't quote me on that though, that is just what I would do if I wanted to buy the stock.
    Dec 15 08:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Great Dividend Paying Stocks For 2013 [View article]
    Rwisner, thank you and you're welcome. The dividend payout ratio is 80% if it is based on the full year analyst consensus earnings estimate. My short answer is that yes I think the dividend is safe. My detailed analysis of this will be coming in an article soon. Stay tuned.
    Dec 15 01:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lorillard - Great Value Going Long Or Using A Covered Call [View article]
    I meant selling a covered call to gain the proceeds. My mistake, good catch.
    Dec 14 02:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Great Dividend Paying Stocks For 2013 [View article]
    And thanks Mike, I am glad you all are enjoying the article.
    Dec 14 10:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Great Dividend Paying Stocks For 2013 [View article]
    Litgit, AT&T's analyst consensus earnings per share for the full year of 2012 are $2.38 versus $2.20 in 2011. (all numbers per Yahoo! Finance). Earnings per share was and is greater than their yearly dividend payout of $1.80. http://yhoo.it/Z5JKzY
    Dec 14 10:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Great Dividend Paying Stocks For 2013 [View article]
    I was in Q right after the pending merger was announced with CTL. If I remember correctly, the market did not fully price it in initially, probably because there were doubts that the merger was going to come to fruition. That was also when Q reinstated their dividend. It provided a great entry point but obviously not as good of one as you had when you bought in at 1.69-1.99.
    Dec 13 05:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment